Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by sylviecerise »

blue_tomorrows wrote:Might be a minor point (in comparison), but wasn't that the Great Northern hum going on while James was checking the furnace?
Yes!!! I was fully expecting James to discover Laura, also somehow summoned from the Lodge. Maybe she is the person who will appear the second day on Briggs' note? Are they going to go back to Jack Rabbit Palace?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Is the drunk in the jail cell who is pissing off Chad (yay!)... is that Billy?
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

So that WAS Sarah Palmer from Episode 8? The frog bug crawled into her mouth as a child, and it grew into the Mother. That's how I'm interpreting it.

Then the Fireman and Señorita Dido sent Laura Palmer to stop her.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

garethw wrote:Is the drunk in the jail cell who is pissing off Chad (yay!)... is that Billy?
That was my thought!
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

madeleineferguson wrote:So that WAS Sarah Palmer from Episode 8? The frog bug crawled into her mouth as a child, and it grew into the Mother. That's how I'm interpreting it.

so much to process. but laura is their child so how could sarah and leland be the ones to give birth to laura if laura was sent by the fireman?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

madeleineferguson wrote:So that WAS Sarah Palmer from Episode 8? The frog bug crawled into her mouth as a child, and it grew into the Mother. That's how I'm interpreting it.

That was my interpretation too. "Something happened to me" made me suspicious but when Sarah opened her face, it seemed like the black and white visuals and sounds from the convenience store, didn't it? And that pretty much confirmed it for me. I don't know that she's the new "mother" but she has something evil inside her for sure.

So now I have to ask again. Is The Fireman the same character as the original Giant or a separate one? When he raised his hand to give Andy the device, it reminded me of when he raised his hand and shot an orb thing at Cooper at the Great Northern. I sure hope they clarify this.
Last edited by vicksvapor77 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

The Diane/Janey-E reveal totally reminded me of Adam Kesher in Mulholland Dr. ("Diane... I don't believe you've met my mother!")
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Sarah Palmer is trending for me! HOW EPIC.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
garethw wrote:Is the drunk in the jail cell who is pissing off Chad (yay!)... is that Billy?
That was my thought!
Are he and Naido (?) talking to each other? Or is he just mimicking her? Kinda reminded me of Bobby and Mike barking in the Pilot....
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

That was a really spectacular hour of television. Gordon's dream had phenomenal sound design, and the color grading was superb. The FWWM footage really felt apiece with everything else. I was already blown away as the dream was unfolding, but when Bowie showed up I felt a rush of emotion. It was so beautiful, but also bittersweet, to have him actually appear. The part was dedicated to him as well, and in a way I think that this might decrease the chances of him making what would already have been an unlikely appearance in new footage, but it's still not impossible based on what little we know.

That trip to the woods and the cinematography (and sound design) of the forest was so fantastic. This entire part had a very cinematic feel. I could absolutely see watching it in a theater, which of course some lucky people actually did.
Last edited by Jasper on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

That. Was. Fan. Tastic.
-
As above, so below.
-
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

richsmith wrote:Did we just watch some sort of twisted Lynch version of a Marvel origin story? Can't think of any other way to explain away Green Glove Boy.

Man this show just gets more bizarre every week. I'm loving every minute of it, but with only 4 hours left and just more questions being introduced, I'm slightly terrified that it's going to end with a whimper and not a bang.
i think that then i realize that FWWM + Missing Pieces is the length of two episodes and that's timeless art that gives some answers so i'm hopeful for the finale. plus MacLachlan said the finale is wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

garethw wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
That was my thought!
Are he and Naido (?) talking to each other? Or is he just mimicking her? Kinda reminded me of Bobby and Mike barking in the Pilot....
Billy (?) seems to only be able to repeat what Naido and Chat are saying. Remind us of anyone else?
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

garethw wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
That was my thought!
he was repeating stuff like dougiecoop.
blue_tomorrows
Roadhouse Member

Post by blue_tomorrows »

garethw wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
That was my thought!
Based on the rest of his dialogue, I think he's mimicking. Every line he says is a repeat of something somebody else said. Which....sounds....familiar......