Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:
Louisahoo wrote:Something that came to me tonight: On the map that was found in owl cave, there were two mountains, if you will, and within each one there were circles going around in circles is very much like the vortexes we've been seeing. We know that there is a vortex at the coordinates in the dakotas, and there is also obviously a vortex in Twin Peaks, as well as Glasston berry Grove so there are now multiple ways to access the other side. The question now is which side are you accessing if you go through a vortex, do the vortexes intersect, potentially at the red room, does one vortex take you to the White Lodge with the fireman, while the other takes you to the Black Lodge with the woodsman?
There is also one in London. And probably plenty more.
someone pointed out that the inner center of the vortex in Buckhorn was black (the one that led to the Woodsmen in the stairs) while the one in Twin Peaks had a white center (the one that led to The Fireman). so it could likely be entrances to the black and white lodge, respectively, while the Glastonberry Grove is an opening to the Waiting Room: the limbo-esque place in between two worlds (White/Black lodges). this works well with Margaret's choice of words that it's an "opening to a gateway".
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Belluci is neither French or Italian. She descended directly from heaven.
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by Rik Renault »

claaa7 wrote:i think now that Jeffries voice has been redubbed by another actor i think we can be safe in saying that David Bowie will not make a suprise apperance aside from old/manipulated footage.. Harry Goaz said in an interview back in May that Bowie was supposed to do it but it never came to fruition before his passing, unfortunately.

one thing that has me wondering - why is it The Fireman's name was hidden from us until now? was there anything in this episode relating to the specific name The Fireman that would've been spoiled if revealed beforehand? i can't think of anything but i'm sure it's something relevant.
I think the name confirms that he is on the side of good in the fight against fire i.e. BOB and rather gives away that Coop was in thr White Lodge in episode 1.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

pvilmur wrote:About the uncles -- I thought I'd bring together the various references into a single post --

• Leland was Maddy's uncle

• When Chet asks San about Lil's coded message, the uncle was missing from the equation (Lil was "his mother's sister's girl").

• The honking lady said that her daughter(?) needed to get home to see her uncle.

• Tina's daughter can't remember (twice) if her uncle was home when Billy barged into her kitchen.

The three latter references to 'uncle' make me think there is definitely something to this.
Ah, excellent; thanks! Along with the Mother & Father themes, seems that the family unit is under attack, or rather the vehicle for lodge forces.

Going back to the 'Audrey is in a coma' theory -- which I don't really believe, but it's fun to think about -- it's interesting that the Roadhouse Billy story continues to evoke Coop: Billy jumps the fence (from another yard, or another place?) with blood running down his face, leans over a sink & looks up at them, then leaves again. Pretty reminiscent of Coop's final moments in ep 29 of the original run, as another poster mentioned after the Billy story in the first Audrey scene. The uncle is interesting (is he there, isn't he there?), & could be seen at a stretch as the stand-in for the doppelganger, Mr C.
Whatever way the Audrey saga plays out, her dreams at least seem to be tying into reality in interesting ways.

On another note entirely, the window-cleaning scene (besides being hilarious) made me think of spying, a trope used in a few old shows/movies. The sound immediately follows Cole saying "Diane's on her way" & we hear it again briefly after Diane's knock & Cole's "Come on in Diane!"
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Either Cole could have inquired further, or Frank could have elaborated on how the pages were hinting towards two Coopers. Some FBI investigation into both the lodges and Annie Blackburn could have been worthwhile.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
rdowens1215

Post by rdowens1215 »

WOW! DAVID! WOW

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

BigEd wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:I'm getting worried we may not see Hank (episode 1) again. I thought that he and Harvey, and maybe Chip, could be the key to this whole thing. :wink:

Its looking more like that excellent scene was just to set a tone of miscommunication and lost opportunities. Hank didn't look like a doctor, so that probably was not a stethascope in that black bag he was holding. I'll call it here first and say it's a green gardening glove in there! :mrgreen:
Just one glove though. And the left hand. He stole it when he was in London.
Perhaps if he is wearing his glove, the ring can't be placed on his finger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rdowens1215

Post by rdowens1215 »

I think Laura Palmer will return, in some form, to defeat BOB. Interesting that Laura's face removal revealed a bright white light in contrast to Sara's darkness and indwelling entity. Also, The Fireman showed Laura flanked by angels.

God.I.Love.This.Show!

rdowens1215

Post by rdowens1215 »

djsunyc wrote:i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
I can only hope.

Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Opinions;

Another astonishing Part.

Lynch's acting has really surprised me this season. He's really expressive. Both alert and tense, and goofy.

Being British, Freddie's whole "London Tahn" accent felt pretty caricatured to me, but I guess Twin Peaks has always done that (the Buenos Aires scenes from The Missing Pieces). The story, his delivery, was so captivating though. I just hung on every word. It struck that perfect balance between silly and engaging that I love to see Lynch create. James is melancholy and beautifully aware of others.

What was so great about the hiking sequence was the fact that, objectively, nothing changed. As the group journeyed into the forest, the sun was still shining. There were no grand shifts in the appearance of the woods, and yet they became more and more ominous as the party continued.

Goaz's acting was exhilarating, commanding, and beautifully understated and subtle. Sarah's awkward CGI-induced ticks and movements were really fucking eerie. More than the image behind her face itself for me.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Jerry Horne wrote:Do not talk about future spoilers.

Do not link to future spoilers.

You want to help people with spoilers? Go to Reddit. Don't do it here.

We've come too far to fuck things up now.
Thank You!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

beyondthesea wrote: Except that Tammy is the dog's bollocks. Her body language is so unusual. I'm utterly captivated by her and her delivery. Every scene she is in, and the FBI in general, excites me.

I was far too young to appreciate how handsome Gordon Cole was in 1990. Fit as fuck though.
Agreed that David Lynch was hot when he was younger. Just no to Tammy, I had to cover the screen with my hand because I could not watch her trying to act/emote when Albert fills her in on the original blue rose case.
SamGGD

Post by SamGGD »

If TP is just a fucking dream... that would suck profusely.
Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wally Brando »

Soolsma wrote:Either Cole could have inquired further, or Frank could have elaborated on how the pages were hinting towards two Coopers. Some FBI investigation into both the lodges and Annie Blackburn could have been worthwhile.
My first thought on watching that scene was that it was another clear example of Lynch moving scenes around in editing, as it seemed it had to come immediately after Hawk and Frank discuss the missing page, as it makes no sense to not mention Major Briggs etc.

The fact that in the following scene Cole references that call suggests to me that either all of the Cole/Albert/Tammy/Diane sitting around stuff should've been much earlier and has also been moved in the editing, or Lynch rewrote that scene on the fly to reference Frank's call.

I'd guess the former as it doesn't make sense that the FBI gang have just been sat around for multiple episodes, doing very little other than talking and drinking wine.
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

rdowens1215 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
I can only hope.

Wow, really? Anyone who wishes James dead is no friend of mine ...