Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby bosguy1981 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:04 am

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Dreamy Audrey wrote:The recording of Jeffries' line in Part 14 was neither the one from FWWM nor the Missing Pieces. It sounded like a different voice, was it even Bowie?


I hadn't noticed it sounded odd but there was an actor named Nathan Frizzell credited as 'Voice.' I initially thought it was a voiceover artist doing the squeaky window squeegee but you're right, it could've been a Jeffries dub. Is the dialogue different in any meaningful way?


It sounded to me like David Bowie's voice (maybe an alternate take) but... who would Nathan Frizzell be? Thoughts?

You're making me fear some kind of crazy scenario of record-company bullshit where Lynch wanted to use Bowie's scene in FWWM but Bowie's record contract still owns the rights to his "voice" usage and Lynch had to use a voiceover actor to re-dub the voice of Jeffries? Please, please tell me this ain't the case. That would be such a downer in an episode dedicated to Bowie. Besides, I think a record contract only owns an artist's singing voice, and not speaking voice.

I doubt there's anything going on like that in this scene but if there is, I'm theorizing on why they wouldn't be able to use Bowie's real voice if that was the case.
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby thedarktrees » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:06 am

Manwith wrote:
crazyscottishguy wrote:I think Diane was supposed to direct Gordon and the team to Jane-E and Dougie and i have a feeling it's part of a bigger ploy. Remember when Mr. C asked Diane via text messsage if there were news about Vegas? yeah, this confirms to me that Diane and Mr. C have all well planned out and i don't believe that Jane-E is her half sister at all. It acually reinforces the idea that Jane-E and her son are manufactured as Dougie.


This doesn't make sense to me because Mr. C. wanted Dougie dead by now, things have not been going as planned...


It's an interesting possibility, but I also think it's a bit unlikely. Diane's reactions to Janey-E's name coming up seem to be of fairly sincere concern. Like she definitely is hiding stuff, but at the same time, seems to be putting pieces together and realizing that something else is going on too. I still think that, to whatever degree she's been working for DoppelCoop, she's only now realizing the serious implications of whatever she helped him with. I don't Diane is necessarily supposed to be a villain in this -- just helped DoppelCoop with things without really knowing what she was really doing. I think she's just now realizing what's going down.

The suggestion that she's working for Jeffries though.... that still also seems possible.
User avatar
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby alreadygoneplaces » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 am

Was actually disappointed to see the Bowie footage used again as it rules out a recast of Jefferies, which I was really, really, really hoping for.
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby thedarktrees » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 am

The stuff with Andy this episode has been a really interesting left turn. I really like how they showed that, when it comes down to it, Andy's bumbling goofiness is really only the surface of someone who's deeply and sincerely caring and capable. He goes right to Naidoo and kneels down to assist her without reservation, he's drawn to what's happening with the vortex, he take no-nonsense charge of things after meeting the Fireman, etc.

The scene with Lucy in that sequence seems like an interesting hint -- I think it's something still to come.... But no idea what. Lucy seems almost kind of dazed in it, with the way Andy's walking her forward. Or if not dazed, then extremely reluctant. It could be something about Cooper, but I'm not so sure. Can't imagine that Lucy was so concerned about Cooper's fate, disappearance, and all that, that his return would be something that would provoke such an intense reaction from her.
User avatar
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Dreamy Audrey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:16 am

bosguy1981 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
Dreamy Audrey wrote:The recording of Jeffries' line in Part 14 was neither the one from FWWM nor the Missing Pieces. It sounded like a different voice, was it even Bowie?


I hadn't noticed it sounded odd but there was an actor named Nathan Frizzell credited as 'Voice.' I initially thought it was a voiceover artist doing the squeaky window squeegee but you're right, it could've been a Jeffries dub. Is the dialogue different in any meaningful way?


It sounded to me like David Bowie's voice (maybe an alternate take) but... who would Nathan Frizzell be? Thoughts?

You're making me fear some kind of crazy scenario of record-company bullshit where Lynch wanted to use Bowie's scene in FWWM but Bowie's record contract still owns the rights to his "voice" usage and Lynch had to use a voiceover actor to re-dub the voice of Jeffries? Please, please tell me this ain't the case. That would be such a downer in an episode dedicated to Bowie. Besides, I think a record contract only owns an artist's singing voice, and not speaking voice.

I doubt there's anything going on like that in this scene but if there is, I'm theorizing on why they wouldn't be able to use Bowie's real voice if that was the case.

I hope it is Bowie's voice because it would be stupid to use footage of him and have him dubbed by another actor, even if they had recast the role for future scenes. But Jeffries' voice is the only voice in this scene that sounded noticeably different from FWWM or the missing pieces (I recorded the three versions of "Who do you think that/this is there" and compared them). And Nathan Frizzell is credited as "Voice", but I don't remember any voice in this episode that could have been meant.

The dialogue was the same except for the this/that difference in Jeffries' line in FWWM and the missing pieces, and Gordon left out the part about Judy when he retold his dream in Part 14.
Last edited by Dreamy Audrey on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mtwentz
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby mtwentz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:16 am

alreadygoneplaces wrote:Was actually disappointed to see the Bowie footage used again as it rules out a recast of Jefferies, which I was really, really, really hoping for.


Sacrilege! Recast Bowie?!
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
mtl
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:34 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby mtl » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am

police jeep #142 - SEVEN HEAVEN
User avatar
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:32 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby DeepBlueSeed » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:23 am

Cappy wrote:- I wonder if Sarah only became a bad thing during the past few years, or if she was like this during the original series, and somehow complicit in Laura's murder. I always thought, at the very least, Sarah had some awareness of the constant abuse, but she chose to ignore and repress it.


Considering what we've seen of the character in this season I'm thinking it's quite recent. The two times we see her watching TV she is either watching lions savaging their prey (great link to this episode) or watching a looping fight sequence, without any concern that she's watching the same thing (as if it's more the watching of the box or connection with the electricity than the content in this instance). I think there's some of the old Sarah in there, drinking to forget, but there's something alien in there too, trying to learn what it is to be human. Certainly she seemed more able to keep a lid on things (pun not intended) in seasons 1 and 2. But then Windom Earle was able to speak through her, so maybe she's always been a conduit for the Lodges.

I'm not entirely sure what the flip-face thing means yet - certainly it looks like Sarah is the dark counterpart to Laura but I'm no longer sure what Laura even is any more.
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby KyleRickards » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:24 am

DeepBlueSeed wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:TP writers (Engels, etc.) have been hinting at portals to the Lodges all over the world since the FWWM days. I think this is finally coming to fruition.

Also, as to the portal, let us not forget: "Infuse the machine with gold."


I'm just glad there's one in olde London towne. :-)

Twin Peaks seems to be especially important though. And clearly it's preferable that a person gets there under their own steam, rather than chewed up by the Lodges and spat out of a plug socket somewhere.


So there's definitely at least two portals in Twin Peaks, I wonder if other places also have two?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Hockey Mask » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 am

mtwentz wrote:
alreadygoneplaces wrote:Was actually disappointed to see the Bowie footage used again as it rules out a recast of Jefferies, which I was really, really, really hoping for.


Sacrilege! Recast Bowie?!

Sacrilege! Recast Bowie's voice!
PeaksCarnivaleLost
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby PeaksCarnivaleLost » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 am

Rhodes wrote:Great episode.

But feeling less confident that we will get suprise cameo's (Michael Ontkean, David Bowie). Weren't there insides on this forum who claimed that there were several important cameo's from people who were NOT on the castlist?

Moreover, is there a chance that the final broadcast of part 17/18 will be three (rather than two) hours? Or does the promised 18 hours simply means 18 parts?



Showtime has it listed as 2 hours, 2 parts. Not sure if they will merge like 1&2.
But it doesn't seem to go past 10pm ET -- after which they repeat 17& 18.

looks like 4 hours max folks!
User avatar
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby jakemartinez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 am

PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:
Rhodes wrote:Great episode.

But feeling less confident that we will get suprise cameo's (Michael Ontkean, David Bowie). Weren't there insides on this forum who claimed that there were several important cameo's from people who were NOT on the castlist?

Moreover, is there a chance that the final broadcast of part 17/18 will be three (rather than two) hours? Or does the promised 18 hours simply means 18 parts?



Showtime has it listed as 2 hours, 2 parts. Not sure if they will merge like 1&2.
But it doesn't seem to go past 10pm ET -- after which they repeat 17& 18.

looks like 4 hours max folks!


Sabrina told us at the fest that it's two separate episodes, not a two hour movie like the earlier ones.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby KyleRickards » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:34 am

PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:
Rhodes wrote:Great episode.

But feeling less confident that we will get suprise cameo's (Michael Ontkean, David Bowie). Weren't there insides on this forum who claimed that there were several important cameo's from people who were NOT on the castlist?

Moreover, is there a chance that the final broadcast of part 17/18 will be three (rather than two) hours? Or does the promised 18 hours simply means 18 parts?



Showtime has it listed as 2 hours, 2 parts. Not sure if they will merge like 1&2.
But it doesn't seem to go past 10pm ET -- after which they repeat 17& 18.

looks like 4 hours max folks!


What date is the last episode please?

Also, I realise based on all the 2:53 references that some things are happening in parallel/simultaneously with others.

The only one that confuses me now timeline wise is Dougie.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
Troubbble
RR Diner Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Troubbble » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:42 am

Jerry Horne wrote:Basement. Wally.


If you were trying to intrigue me, it's working Jerry. What did you mean by this??
Rhodes
RR Diner Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Rhodes » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 am

homieonice wrote:Powerhouse Episode!!

Jail scene went beyond the beyond!


The interaction between Naido and Billy resembled the jail scene with Bobby, Mike and James? (The howling sounds)

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests