Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by N. Needleman »

Oh my God. What if Audrey is locked in that fucking basement.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
zmccain

Post by zmccain »

dronerstone wrote:Anyone else notice how that enormous tree stump at Jack Rabbit's palace resembles that palace (?) atop the mountain in the purple/mauve zone or white lodge?

Or am I being overly creative here...
I noticed it as well.
zmccain

Post by zmccain »

vicksvapor77 wrote:So why could Andy, Bobby, Hawk and Frank see the Twin Peaks vortex but only Gordon (and maybe Albert, who was pulling him back) see the Buckhorn vortex?
I think because Andy, Bobby Hawk and Frank were at the exact spot where the vortex could be seen/appear. Albert didn't walk as far into the yard as Gordon did so he wasn't able to see or be affected by the vortex. Apparently you have to be at a very precise point for it to affect you.
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

N. Needleman wrote:Oh my God. What if Audrey is locked in that fucking basement.
I can't fathom what scenario you're dreaming up here, Needleman, but it sounds interesting. Why would you suspect she would be in there?
Welcome...to the third...place.
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

Isn't it funny, Diane knows the nickname of Douglas Jones, but obviously has never seen him so far?

And when Gordon began to telle Albert and Tammy about Monica, I loved how Chrysta Bell raised on of her eyebrows. She is quite a good actress for absolute zero experience. Absolutely wonderful episode, if not the best yet for me. And it was so hard not to talk about it or llet anything slip during the week.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

chromereflectsimage wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:
chromereflectsimage wrote: Audrey said Chuck told her Tina was the last person to see Billy. Charlie called Tina but wouldn't tell Audrey what she said.
Interesting thanks! I kind of blacked out all the names thrown out in that episode. So Tina was the woman Audrey apparently doesn't like but Chuck calls and won't tell Audrey what she said... Maybe and this is a big hunch.. Tina and that whole story is a fragment for Audrey's awakening from her coma/dream. What that would infer for the rest of our story I don't quite know.
The other girl pointed out that Tina's daughter was spending too much time getting high in the 'nut house,' but Tina's daughter denied it. Friend then proceeded to warn her not to go to the 'nut' place.
Hm.. Interesting.. I just assumed the nut house was a slang term like the two hookers talking about "slinging burgers" Wouldn't make much sense go to get high at a nut house then being warned not to go back there to get high. Doesn't seem like a place one could go and come as they please... But maybe it's not the normal insane asylum if it is a matter of fact statement.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Hurley

Post by Hurley »

zmccain wrote:
dronerstone wrote:Anyone else notice how that enormous tree stump at Jack Rabbit's palace resembles that palace (?) atop the mountain in the purple/mauve zone or white lodge?

I noticed it as well.
Me too. The camera movement was similar as well.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

N. Needleman wrote:Oh my God. What if Audrey is locked in that fucking basement.
In the scene with Audrey/Charlie, you can see stairs going down.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

Loved the episode, aesthetically brilliant throughout. The roadhouse scene with that music had me somehow incredibly tense.

I hope the final four parts are as good as this one.

I also hope that the wherever the story goes, and I have literally no idea (which is ridiculous/great at this point) doesn't do any sort of dis-service to the Laura Palmer story at the heart of Twin Peaks original. I don't think Lynch would do that. But occasionally TPTR feels a bit like a fanfic tacked onto Twin Peaks without a real thematic build on the story that came before it. I hope this doesn't remain the case, but at the very least I hope the purity of the Laura Palmer tragedy remains in tact (unless meaningfully enhanced and developed upon).
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

Hurley wrote:
zmccain wrote:

I noticed it as well.
Speaking of camera movement, did anyone else notice the digital stutter when Hawk, Bobby, Andy, amnd Truman when they were approaching the vortex locale, or was that just my stream messing up?
Welcome...to the third...place.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

wxray wrote:Notice the finger in Sarah's head.
sarafing.JPG
And I can't put my finger on it (no pun intended), but this little snapshot reminds me of some famous recent contemporary artist's work. Anyone know? In this case, it is Lynch the painter.
sarasmile.JPG
Damn this is creepy.
So is that Laura's smile ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rik Renault »

There were a couple of shots repeated from earlier episodes with a slight reverse that I noticed.

The vortex in Buckhorn had a black centre expanding IIRC, whereas the Jack Rabbit's Palace vortex was white. So I'm pretty set now that the Woodsmen on the stairs are in the BL and the Fireman's (the Dutchman's?) Is the WL.

Also when Laura removed her face in the Red Room it was pure white, but Sarah's was pure black. I thought these were some nice little nods to the duality of TP.

So many questions about Audrey's situation now.

The noise coming from the furnace (that Ben hears) is decidedly sweet but the fact that we're now to associate it with fire unnerves me.

I think Naido has some kind of connection to Laura too. The way Laura was ejected from the Red Room was very similar to how Naido left the Purple Place.

Can't wait to find out more about Sarah's situation and get absolute confirmation on the frogbug, how long she has been like this, and the connection to Mother/the experiment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
n00bj0b

Post by n00bj0b »

Anyone got a screenshot of the Fireman holding up his hand?
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

n00bj0b wrote:Anyone got a screenshot of the Fireman holding up his hand?
there you go ;)
Attachments
fireman.jpg
fireman.jpg (533.17 KiB) Viewed 9448 times
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Mallard wrote:
Hurley wrote:
zmccain wrote:
I noticed it as well.
Speaking of camera movement, did anyone else notice the digital stutter when Hawk, Bobby, Andy, amnd Truman when they were approaching the vortex locale, or was that just my stream messing up?
I think that was deliberate, like the woodsman at the convenience store. Electrical interference :D