Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Post by sycamore »

docLEXfisti wrote:Yeah it's a bummer. I cannot see part 13 at the moment, as it is still part 14 that is onlíne for me.

How was Part 13 it compared to the mediocre part 12?

Because EP 14 is absolutely amazing from the first to the last minute.
you're gonna love 13. i watch these in a local independent community theatre on the big screen with about 100 people. everyone was totally into this part and there was even applause at the end - compared to last week's silence and groans.
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

Thanks, you making me all giddy - best show ever.

Update: Sky has taken it offline. Now only 12 parts available currently. I am glad I was able to watch it until the end.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

docLEXfisti wrote:Thanks, you making me all giddy - best show ever.

Update: Sky has taken it offline. Now only 12 parts available currently. I am glad I was able to watch it until the end.
I'm glad it's down. I hope it didn't get spread all over sharing sites.

I'm assuming it's dubbed. Is there the option to turn on English language subtitles? I hope not, because that will make it more likely to spread all over the place.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Me too. Just staggering work.
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

that probably means they'll soon post 13. enjoy! by the way, how many hours was it available on sky? what a major blunder on their part!
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Jasper wrote:

I'm glad it's down. I hope it didn't get spread all over sharing sites.

I'm assuming it's dubbed. Is there the option to turn on English language subtitles? I hope not, because that will make it more likely to spread all over the place.
It's not dubbed. German viewers always getting the dubbed version on thursday. So it was the original version.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

sycamore wrote:

that probably means they'll soon post 13. enjoy! by the way, how many hours was it available on sky? what a major blunder on their part!
I guess about 6 or 7 hours. At least I could watch it and rewatched it.
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

I don't know when they usually post it. Was watching it from 9am on.

I was shaking at the end.
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

docLEXfisti wrote:I don't know when they usually post it. Was watching it from 9am on.

I was shaking at the end.
i don't envy this next week for you: knowing the future and biting your lip. thank you for saying nothing more about the content of part 14! it'll be a tough job, but you can do it! i just hope other people can also ...
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Calderon wrote:
Jasper wrote:I'm assuming it's dubbed. Is there the option to turn on English language subtitles? I hope not, because that will make it more likely to spread all over the place.
It's not dubbed. German viewers always getting the dubbed version on thursday. So it was the original version.
Damn. :(
I don't want it to get out and hurt the show's ratings. I also don't want to get spoiled. I also don't want to give in and watch it online, and then have a TWO WEEK wait for another episode.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Jasper wrote:
Calderon wrote:
Jasper wrote:I'm assuming it's dubbed. Is there the option to turn on English language subtitles? I hope not, because that will make it more likely to spread all over the place.
I don't want it to get out and hurt the show's ratings. I also don't want to get spoiled. I also don't want to give in and watch it online, and then have a TWO WEEK wait for another episode.
Yeah, it's a bittersweet experience. I'm glad I could watch it this early, but this will be two very long weeks. Otherwise I haven't seen episode 13 yet. So maybe I will wait for that til the weekend.
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

Calderon wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Calderon wrote:
Yeah, it's a bittersweet experience. I'm glad I could watch it this early, but this will be two very long weeks. Otherwise I haven't seen episode 13 yet. So maybe I will wait for that til the weekend.
lots of people that post here think they know a lot about time loops and theories like that ... maybe they could help you get back to yesterday ... before you saw part 14? i'm just speculating ...
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

I think audrey is dying after coma at this point. " there's fear in letting go"
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

I just realized something about Dr. Amp, he is reporting (not necesarily in this part) from `...American "Hindu Kush"`, which could also be read as `..."American Indian" Kush`, and so a place of Native American death, killing, and suffering. This ties into the TSOTP mythology and Log Lady parts.
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

part 13 is the first without hawk (except for part 8 of course - which only featured two characters from the present day).