Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Post by Robot Butler »

http://www.zimbio.com/The+Hottest+Celeb ... sica+Szohr

The story behind Jessica Szohr's tattoo. You really can google anything.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

what did Audrey say about Ghostwood?
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

Oh. No. Big Ed is not with Norma !
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

wxray wrote:Rewatching now. The Fusco brothers piss me off! The bald one acts a little too much like Packer from The Office (his character there).

Here we think this will cause the FBI to get alerted. Instead, it goes in the waste basket.
Lynch and Frost toyed with expectations there (or rather crumpled them up and threw them away), but at least Albert and Gordon know about the "Las Vegas?" text received by Diane, so they've already got their antennas up.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

What an amazing episode! Probably my favorite, or close to it, of the entire season so far. So much happening and strong development with all the major characters.

Man, that Audrey scene was heartbreaking. She's definitely brain damaged in some way from the explosion. I'm thinking some sort of combination of amnesia and delusion. I don't think she's in a coma. Some of this mental anguish could also be the result of her (assumed) rape at the hands of Mr. C. Sherilyn did a beautiful job in tonight's scene.

Is Sarah so drunk she doesn't realize her TV is repeating the same footage in a loop? What is going on? And we all heard the electricity.

What do we think of the significance of the ring now? Why did Mr. C make Ray put it on? And why did it disappear after his body went into the Red Room?

I adored seeing Big Ed again and Norma finally has a bit of a damn storyline! Turns out all her paperwork was a mystery waiting to be solved after all! Was anyone else waiting for them to address her pies are in a Las Vegas location aka where Dougie got his? Haha. A shame Ed and Norma aren't together but I think that means we're in for a beautiful reunion between them. Shelly and Bobby, too. Ed and Bobby are in the same positions with the women they love.

Nadine and Dr. Amp getting it on is something I never knew I needed in my life until this very moment.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

BGate wrote:what did Audrey say about Ghostwood?
I noticed that too! WTF?!
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

Post by RainingPostToasties »

Jasper wrote:
wxray wrote:Rewatching now. The Fusco brothers piss me off! The bald one acts a little too much like Packer from The Office (his character there).

Here we think this will cause the FBI to get alerted. Instead, it goes in the waste basket.
Lynch and Frost toyed with expectations there (or rather crumpled them up and threw them away), but at least Albert and Gordon know about the "Las Vegas?" text received by Diane, so they've already got their antennas up.
I think the FBI crew would still get alerted that the prints were matched somewhere. Probably in two or three episodes.
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Character Driven Story Telling

I've gotta go back and watch the episode a few (or six) more times but it seems like Audrey has had a VERY interesting 25 years. Perhaps she suffered Traumatic Brian Injury in that bomb blast at the bank during season 2. Also did anyone notice how Sarah Palmer was watching that boxing match on a loop? We've seen her hysterical in the past, but I do believe she has gone completely bonkers. #PoorSarahPalmer Also after all these episodes I'm still wondering what Evil Cooper's end game plan is. We must not forget that good COOP was manufactured by evil Coop. To serve what purpose ? How much longer will Good Coop be Good Coop ?
Last edited by Endangered_Wulf on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Re: Character Driven Story Telling

Post by Deep Thought »

Endangered_Wulf wrote:I've gotta go back and watch the episode a few (or six) more times but it seems like Audrey has had a VERY interesting 25 years. Perhaps she suffered Traumatic Brian Injury in that bomb blast at the bank during season 2. Also did anyone notice how Sarah Palmer was watching that boxing match on a loop? We've seen her hysterical in the past, but I do believe she has gone completely bonkers. #PoorSarahPalmer
It was something suble at first with the soundtrack, but then Lynch decided it was important enough not to be missed, so he put the loop in the video as well. I thought we would see what was in her kitchen!
There's your roast beef and cheese.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

djsunyc wrote: btw, i'm now 100% convinced we are not getting our cooper back. this will be dougie vs. dopple till the end. maybe we get 10 seconds...maybe.
I'm wondering if right after those 10 seconds, the screen goes black and says "To be continued." Would be a cool way to announce another season's coming. :D
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

I'm under the impression Gordon Cole and gang have not realized they should be searching for TWO coopers, or worse perhaps they are on another timeline and we are seeing their story from the perspective of after everything has happened or rather everything that is about to happen. Also I find it odd Gordon Cole and gang are not using everything at their disposal (technology wise) to track down the escaped from prison Evil Cooper. It just seems like they are hanging out having wine.
Last edited by Endangered_Wulf on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Wow, what a big "screw you" David Lynch gave to all the James haters. Nice!

Guess Audrey is indeed crazy and the Horne's are paying Charlie to care for her?

And poor Ed, he deserved better :(
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Parallel dimension. Feels like Audrey needs to be rescued again </3

This exchange with Jacoby and Nadine, and revelation of Norma and Ed still not together, is an interesting extension of that four person subplot dynamic from 1 & 2, one that was largely silly but had such a sad a poignant conclusion. Now the psychiatrist getting chummy with the patient (twice over if SHOTP is accurate,) uncertain of what her standing with Ed is. Ed is a martyr, burning things in quiet anguish/existentialism 101.

Very dreamy episode. High tension and rapid pacing with Ray's thugs. Hilarious and sweet happy times in Vegas. And The World Spins feels at the Roadhouse with an oldie but goodie. James is a HERO. edit: The Palmer house is even more GOTHIC AF with time passing
Last edited by sylvia_north on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Can we now say it's safe to reevaluate Audrey's scene from Part 12?

Richard drawn to Mr. C is going to be amazing.

I cannot figure out how Janey and Sonny Jim will fit into the ending. But I don't think it will be straightforward. Sonny Jim is the flip side to Richard. I thought Audrey and Annie would be sorta folded into the same character before this started, and now Janey... Maybe by the end they'll all just be pieces of Good Cooper and it ends ambiguous.

Becky is the one character that really inset working for me. Actually most of the new characters while interesting still come off cold to me, like we know nothing personal about them...only as extensions of our previous beloved characters.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

vicksvapor77 wrote:What do we think of the significance of the ring now? Why did Mr. C make Ray put it on? And why did it disappear after his body went into the Red Room?
As I've understood it since FWWM, the ring probably dooms the wearer to death, and definitely ensures that they're taken to the lodge in short order (Jeffries, Desmond, Dougie), or upon death (Teresa Banks, Laura, and now Ray). The wearing of the ring seems to guarantee the garmonbozia of the individual to the lawful elements of the lodge (MIKE/Gerard, the Arm, maybe others). In the case of Laura, it also seems to guarantee against possession by BOB.

The contract between the chaotic BOB and the lawful MIKE seems to involve BOB being a harvester of garmonbozia. My question now is why the doppelganger had Ray wear the ring. The doppelganger didn't follow the lodge rule about going back in 25 years after his escape, so why does he seemingly obey the ring contract?

In case anyone thinks I'm being too literal in reading the lodge "mythology", please realize that I'm just looking at it from one angle, and taking that as far as I can. I've always looked at the lodge from multiple angles. Ultimately it might have no rules and might not make sense, but there are things to understand about it which tie directly into the story, so I don't think pondering this is harmful if one realizes that it's just one way of looking at things.
Last edited by Jasper on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.