Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Post by Jasper »

TweetPeak wrote:Sky Germany customers beware Episode 13 contains Episode 14 - i Just watched it and was baffled with this thread as there was all different. We are Like the dreamer
Holy mackerel. We may be facing a spoiler minefield. I've never seen so many screwups of this type.
chromereflectsimage wrote:"Electricity is humming. You hear it in the mountains and rivers. You see it dance among the seas and stars and glowing around the moon, but in these days the glow is dying. What will be in the darkness that remains?" - Log Lady
Nice! There's also what looks like a crescent moon on Hawk's map.
twin-b wrote:And Dougie saved by a dandruff-inspired shoulder rub! What was that? Am I missing something... any reason Dougie would be drawn to Anthony's dandruff (and then play with it)?
I'd noticed the dandruff when Anthony was hiding behind his desk earlier on. I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to see it, or if Tom Sizemore was having some serious dandruff and they'd completely missed it on set (which seemed unlikely). Now I'm wondering if he had major dandruff in earlier parts. This is the first time I noticed it.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

It's okay, Rami... At least it's going in the right direction for you.

Here she is in another room and mobile but doesn't want to go. And Charlie has his jacket on. Complete reverse. Still no modern technology. She doesn't even know her name.

How did Richard get the code to the Legion of Doom headquarters? Is this place a safe house for all around bad guys?

Most interesting to me about Sarah's tv loop, was the blip of electricity starting each round.

Candie presenting each present like on a game show!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I can't wait to see Gersten Hayward playing piano at the roadhouse.

Glad to see Ed and Bobby getting along better than when Bobby was threatening to kill Ed's nephew.

I think they would have had Mr. C take off his jacket before the arm wrestling match.

If Audrey has been in a coma for 25 years, then wouldn't Ben have said that Richard grew up without any parents instead of just saying he grew up without a father? Unless we're wrong about Audrey being his mother somehow, which I doubt.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

TweetPeak wrote:Sky Germany customers beware Episode 13 contains Episode 14 - i Just watched it and was baffled with this thread as there was all different. We are Like the dreamer
Say wuuuuuuuut?
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

thedougpa wrote:Norma and Walter talking about Twin Peaks' influence on television was rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was laughing SO HARD once I realized Walter was on Northern Exposure. Lynch getting just a little meta with us. Made me kind of sad at the same time. Picked up on it right away. Amazing statement on the commercial viability of the original.
amurphy82

Post by amurphy82 »

What an episode!

I wonder if Ed lit the matchbook on fire because he wanted to smell the smoke. He thought it would go nicely with the smell of gasoline wafting in from outside.

And I'm not sure if anyone's posted about this yet (I tried to read most of the posts and didn't see anything), but did anyone notice what looks like creamed corn in Sarah Palmer's living room? Kinda right in front of the camera. I don't know, maybe it's mac n' cheese.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Walter was played by Grant Goodeve. Way back, I thought he could have been the recast actor for Harry Truman.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

twin-b wrote:And Dougie saved by a dandruff-inspired shoulder rub! What was that? Am I missing something... any reason Dougie would be drawn to Anthony's dandruff (and then play with it)?
I assume it reminded of him falling through the sky? It looked like the black sky with stars we saw him falling through.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

tresojos wrote:is this episode worth waiting for?? i watch it at 3am bc thats the time they upload it to netflix here
IMO, no need to stay up for it tonight. It was similar to last week's episode for me (which was my least favorite).
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

twin-b wrote:
tresojos wrote:is this episode worth waiting for?? i watch it at 3am bc thats the time they upload it to netflix here
IMO, no need to stay up for it tonight. It was similar to last week's episode for me (which was my least favorite).
bye. not another one like ep 12. and so close to the ending :cry:
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

tresojos wrote:
twin-b wrote:
bye. not another one like ep 12. and so close to the ending :cry:
For a 2nd opinion, I hated episode 12, but really enjoyed this episode. Your mileage may vary, though, and personally I would wait and watch it when I was in a well rested state.
Welcome...to the third...place.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

In Big Ed's closing scene before the credits roll, there is a reflection in the window between the gas pumps that doesn't match his movements. There is even a glitch to call attention to it.

This could mean that the more thematic, less linear assembly of Parts 10 thru 13 actually is serving a plot oriented purpose, time folding in in itself or operating differently.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I felt Coop was drawn to it by something having to do with his intuition. The dandruff is reminiscent of the poison.
RoddimusPrime

Post by RoddimusPrime »

WOW, BOB, WOW.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:Now the psychiatrist getting chummy with the patient (twice over if SHOTP is accurate,)
What are you referring to here?
Jacoby treated Nadine when Ed shot her eye out, then again with her age regression, and now they are friendly
Last edited by sylvia_north on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03