Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BMS242
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Post by BMS242 »

Apologies if anyone already mentioned this but didn't the continuation of Dougie partying with the Mitchum brothers the next day contradict Dougie playing baseball with Sonny Jim in the last episode, at least from a continuity perspective?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

TheLodger1980 wrote:"Dutchman" is 8 letters and wasn't there 8 question marks about Carl Struycken's character? Could it be Evil Coop is trying to access the White Lodge to control or destroy it?
I think he has 7 question marks by his name.

As for the White Lodge, I think that's what we're led to believe he's looking for, but he could be looking for something or someone else. If it is the White Lodge he's searching for, how do we know that first black and white shot of Coop in the 30's room isn't Evil Coop? Maybe he found it.

Also, is the Red Room actually the Black Lodge, or more of a waiting room where doppelgangers from both lodges can mingle and pass through? There seem to be benevolent spirits in the Red Room, as well, and that's always troubled me in thinking of it as the Black Lodge, which in my mind would be pure evil all the time like a 24 hour convenience store.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

BMS242 wrote:Apologies if anyone already mentioned this but didn't the continuation of Dougie partying with the Mitchum brothers the next day contradict Dougie playing baseball with Sonny Jim in the last episode, at least from a continuity perspective?

He could've had dinner with the Mitchums on one night, then come back home, play with Sonny Jim the next morning, and at night go party again with the Mitchums, this time only returning on the next day.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

trismegistus wrote:Does anyone think they'll ever talk about Judy...at all? We've seen all this dialogue surrounding Jefferies but have yet to have a single reference to Judy
I keep wondering if Judy is the girl in New Mexico with the bug thing that crawls into her mouth and she'll be identified as such later on...
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Given that there aren't any major actresses left on the cast list (aside from Monica Bellucci) who we haven't seen, I doubt Judy will be a part of this, sadly.
Kinbote

Post by Kinbote »

According to the soundtrack track listing on iTunes, the song being played during Struycken's levitation scene is called
Spoiler:
The Fireman.
Spoiler:
F I R E M A N
matches the seven question marks.
Maybe his job is to
Spoiler:
extinguish the fire (Bob)?
Last edited by Kinbote on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Haven't read through the thread and search for glasses and watching didn't bring up any results. Who is this, has anyone ventured a guess? Is this the cube guy?
Attachments
PjfQRZfnP6Bfu3o0-pic-png.png
PjfQRZfnP6Bfu3o0-pic-png.png (290.02 KiB) Viewed 8802 times
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

sylvia_north wrote:Haven't read through the thread and search for glasses and watching didn't bring up any results. Who is this, has anyone ventured a guess? Is this the cube guy?
Someone earlier (Mr. Reindeer maybe?) thought/liked the idea that he was an accountant who tried his hand at the arm wrestling...

I thought he seemed creepy enough to be an associate of the doppelgänger. But only now seeing that image you posted and the concrete walls... is this the place where Red met Richard Horne?
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

TheLodger1980 wrote:"Dutchman" is 8 letters and wasn't there 8 question marks about Carl Struycken's character? Could it be Evil Coop is trying to access the White Lodge to control or destroy it?
I think he's the "Fireman" because the score that plays from Part 8 when he sends Laura to earth is called "The Fireman"
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:
I thought he seemed creepy enough to be an associate of the doppelgänger. But only now seeing that image you posted and the concrete walls... is this the place where Red met Richard Horne?
They have a similar feel, but the garage entries shows logging outside the door in 6 (WA plates on the car,) 13 is a different garage (Montana.) Perhaps Red is part of this gang is based in Montana.
Accountant works for me. The heavies all seem hip to the supernatural things going on with Red and Ray. Jeffries is calling the shots? idk...
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

sylvia_north wrote:Haven't read through the thread and search for glasses and watching didn't bring up any results. Who is this, has anyone ventured a guess? Is this the cube guy?
Christopher Durbin is credited as "The Farm Accountant" ... see the link to the complete cast/character list in my signature.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Next stop: Mr. C takes Richard to the woodshed and teaches him a lesson for not lookin' after his mama.

Richard: "this is all like a bad dream!"

Mr. C: "we are like the dreamer"
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

sycamore wrote:
Christopher Durbin is credited as "The Farm Accountant" ... see the link to the complete cast/character list in my signature.
Got it. So warehouse is the place C predicted Ray would go. Farm ties to NYC unknown.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

sylvia_north wrote:
sycamore wrote:
Got it. So warehouse is the place C predicted Ray would go. Farm ties to NYC unknown.
I think the Missoula location is "the place they call the farm." Never had to literally be a farm. Probably a "farm" that birthed and raised new members of the gang.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

BMS242 wrote:Apologies if anyone already mentioned this but didn't the continuation of Dougie partying with the Mitchum brothers the next day contradict Dougie playing baseball with Sonny Jim in the last episode, at least from a continuity perspective?

Interesting you raise that, somewhere I read that Sunny Jim is in the same clothes as an earlier scene, a few Parts back. There is a consistency to the whole series, and that is inconsistency of some of these storylines. :)