Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by Ragnell »

boske wrote:Of all the people who tried to take out Dougie in Vegas (both the original and Dale), how many have met Mr C in person or know how he looks like? Do you not think Chantal and Hutch would be surprised when they see Dougie, I mean he is almost identical to their boss?!
Honestly, I'd be REALLY surprised if their instructions aren't "Target looks exactly like me with a different haircut."
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
ravingnightmare wrote:Who in their sane mind reminisce a fucking bike when a sherieff just told you that your grandson has committed manslaughter on a kid?? Yeah that's pretty out of context as you can get.
Almost as absurd as reminiscing about a childhood crush dancing on a hook rug with a flashlight, while you're in jail on murder charges!
Fantastic scene!!!
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

bastia wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
ravingnightmare wrote:Who in their sane mind reminisce a fucking bike when a sherieff just told you that your grandson has committed manslaughter on a kid?? Yeah that's pretty out of context as you can get.
Almost as absurd as reminiscing about a childhood crush dancing on a hook rug with a flashlight, while you're in jail on murder charges!
Fantastic scene!!!
Seconded! DO NOT touch that scene! :)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Earle wrote:
bastia wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Fantastic scene!!!
Seconded! DO NOT touch that scene! :)
Just to be clear, I adore that scene! Just noting a correlation.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

I was trying to imagine if Mulholland Drive were cut into 7 minute segments and doled out one per week, what our discussion would be like. It would be awesome!

It is clear that we have a real division here on the board on interpretation. And I think that is great. It means that Lynch and Frost are doing a masterful job. They may be driving some of us crazy in the meantime, but that's a small price to pay.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

So I guess Ben didn't think it was worth mentioning to the sheriff that his brother has been missing somewhere in the woods for a few days now.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Esselgee wrote:So I guess Ben didn't think it was worth mentioning to the sheriff that his brother has been missing somewhere in the woods for a few days now.
I get the sense that it's not an uncommon occurrence.
ravingnightmare

Post by ravingnightmare »

Esselgee wrote:So I guess Ben didn't think it was worth mentioning to the sheriff that his brother has been missing somewhere in the woods for a few days now.
Nah reminiscing his bike is far more important than his brother being stuck in the woods for days! Being ironic.
The Well

Post by The Well »

And no matter how important a meeting is, throw Ben a baguette with brie, and he will be occupied for hours! Ben, a true legend.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Right, Ben reminiscing about a childhood bike was the first time I had the feeling we were seeing Ben from the original series again.
scotchka

Post by scotchka »

vawriter wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:Image

Audrey is not acting out of character. She is doing what she has always been doing, trying to help Cooper.
She has made a deal with the devil in marrying Charlie. Charlie has money and has probably been bank rolling that New York observatory location on Audrey's behalf. She is now caught in a loveless contract driven marriage with someone that might be dangerous.

Last but not least, Charlie seems to be involved with Mr.C.
This has blown my mind. Can't wait to see how this all shakes out.

Which part is the pic on the right from?
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Ragnell wrote:
boske wrote:Of all the people who tried to take out Dougie in Vegas (both the original and Dale), how many have met Mr C in person or know how he looks like? Do you not think Chantal and Hutch would be surprised when they see Dougie, I mean he is almost identical to their boss?!
Honestly, I'd be REALLY surprised if their instructions aren't "Target looks exactly like me with a different haircut."
That's definitely plausible way of explaining how they might not be fazed by the appearance. I'd also guess that Chantal and Hutch don't really give a second thought to their targets and hits, as the whole "Wendy's" scene kind of over-emphasized. What does that mean for the Duncan Todd hit -- which we now seem to know DoppelCoop ordered? Why would DoppelCoop even bother to follow that up if he plans to send Hutch to take care of Dougie/Coop?

So then, wait a minute: does DoppelCoop even KNOW that the real Coop came out and is stumbling around the world? Is he maybe sending Hutch to Vegas to take out someone else? Or was DoppelCoop actually directing Todd to get something ELSE "done" back in Ep 9 or whenever that was?

CONFUSION.

But I think it's still a really, really interesting question on whether or how confusion between DoppelCoop and Real/Dougie/Coop will play out. Even the FBI team still isn't 100% sure that the DoppelCoop they interviewed in jail, and who subsequently escaped, isn't actually the Coop they know. So.... in their efforts to track him down, will they contact Harry Truman? Or the others in the Twin Peaks police? And will they come to think that DoppelCoop is actually Coop? Will he then play them somehow (he's still after coordinates -- or rather: SOMETHING at those coordinates that Diane might be leading him towards). We've been waiting for ages for some of these lines to finally cross.....
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

So yeah, the series isn't quite panning out how I'd hoped/expected, but that's OK ... that being said, the one thing I feel is owed to me as a fan is to have Judy be acknowledged/explained in some capacity!!
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

scotchka wrote:
vawriter wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:Image

Audrey is not acting out of character. She is doing what she has always been doing, trying to help Cooper.
She has made a deal with the devil in marrying Charlie. Charlie has money and has probably been bank rolling that New York observatory location on Audrey's behalf. She is now caught in a loveless contract driven marriage with someone that might be dangerous.

Last but not least, Charlie seems to be involved with Mr.C.
This has blown my mind. Can't wait to see how this all shakes out.

Which part is the pic on the right from?
i'm confused - do folks think the bald guy in the pic is charlie? b/c i don't see that at all.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

It didn't dawn on me at the time, but apparently the reason that the "Ike" hit was via sealed envelope was so that Duncan Todd would not see that Dougie is a twin of Mr. C. I'm guessing that Duncan has interacted in person with Mr. C, and that is why only Ike got to see the photos. Not sure if Duncan would have seen Dougie on the LV local news.... :?: