Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by AgentEcho »

^Audrey or Diane? I don't think we've learned enough about either character's situation for me to agree (assuming, as is far more likely, that neither character is a doppelganger).
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:It's been bugging me since I first watched it. The actor that plays Chrisko (keep your blood) does anyone know anything about him? He looks familiar. Was he captured in the spoiler thread maybe?
I haven't gotten to any pages after 41 yet (where this first appeared) so forgive me if someone already mentioned this:

The actor is actually a North Bend local who lives in the actual trailer park. I have no idea if the "selling his blood" story was true or written in. Lynch liked him so much he wrote the scene for him and Carl.

Off topic but a few personal stories relating to this episode and why it can never been the "weakest" part to me, despite some of the issues I had with it:

I attended the Twin Peaks Festival and Sabrina told us this story about the man with the cane and actually had him in attendance to watch the screening of part 12 with all of us, in the place that they use for the exterior of the Roadhouse. Kimmy, Chrysta, John P (Chad) and Jeremy (Mickey) watched with us, as well. Best part? David Lynch himself watched with us too! Sabrina brought part 12 with her on her computer and was texting David and told him when to hit play and she told him some of our reactions. It was such a magical, unforgettable experience. Everyone clapping when Sarah Palmer returned, audibly "aww"ing to Carl and the man's scene, laughing so hard with Dougie and Sonny Jim and then cry-guffawing when the scene ended and cut back to Twin Peaks 20 seconds later...and man oh man, the DEAFENING ROAR when Audrey Horne appeared on screen. It was almost as if the awkward long pan from Audrey to Charlie was there just so everyone could scream long enough and then shut up before the dialogue started! Haha. Kimmy also said, "Finally!" when Audrey showed up. And those were just some of the highlights. I wish you all could have heard these reactions.

Side note: Sabrina told me (and I think a few others) that she told Sherilyn privately during the festival that she was in part 12 and really wanted her to watch with us but it seems she couldn't bear it. She is so very insecure it seems about her work, she even tweeted someone that she "can't" watch it and "doesn't watch her work." I saw her in the lobby of the Salish as she was leaving. Right after Kimmy had hugged her and told her how great she was, I pulled her aside and made sure to tell her how much people cheered when she showed up and that she did a wonderful job. She, near tears, gave me a hug and thanked me.

Just wanted to share these stories with all of you :)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I love reading those festival stories, reminds me of when I was up there in 2001. Thanks for sharing!
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I love reading those festival stories, reminds me of when I was up there in 2001. Thanks for sharing!
having been to 3 of the festivals ....that was something amazing...i'll never forget
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Vicksvapor, exactly my thoughts too... That maybe my judgment is cloudy because watching it at The Roadhouse with Lynch on speakerphone, and all the cheering. I had already watched it earlier, but anticipating how the reaction would be was thrilling.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

so the Sarah scene in the store at checkout...her words are slow and stuttered....just like the girl in the 50's at the end of her date before she goes home and swallows the flying frog.....i dunno....i watched both scenes tonight and it's uncanny
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:I'm not totally in board with Audrey is inside a coma dream theory. But since people seem to love all these alternate reality theories, I was wondering if anyone has suggested that this entire show so far has been inside Audrey's coma dream. After all "we live inside a dream ". Personally I think the closest thing to an alternative reality going in Twin Peaks. Is the Lodge Red Room stuff. And that's it.
What about when they intersect, the Lodge reality and the here-on-earth reality? In The Return, one reality produces a reaction in the other one. Both are available to our perception, the viewers. Yet I am familiar with feeling frustrated or perplexed by the guessing game. It's just that so many factors presented in these 12 Parts thus far, overlap and/ or contradict what would otherwise be a straightforward case to be made.

FWIW I've been viewing these (almost all of the things we've witnessed in 1-12) as either vignettes or scenes featured in a fragmented way like a dream, as if that's the lens we've been given for now. I find Janey-E's interaction (or lack of) with her own son very unrealistic in a untampered reality, for example, but that doesn't seem to have bothered most other folks. The allusion Gerard made that Dougie was "manufactured for a purpose" however, does seem to mean that items in the physical world are not what they seem, Dougie has no track record prior to 1997, and thus "manufactured" takes on more meaning. It is not quite a on-the-level reality in Peaks/ Vegas/ Buckhorn (unless I'm reading your post wrong).

Also I keep thinking to Wizard of Oz the movie that lends reference for other Lynch works like Wild at Heart and particularly I keep seeing the end when Dorothy tells Em and the farmhands ".. the strangest dream.. and you, and you, and you were there." [paraphrasing]
So yes, "inside a dream" is in keeping with much of what's unfolding IMO in The Return, but it's the lens. I think Lynch finds ways to provoke and cue certain emotions and reactions using that lens of perception and almost prioritizes this above a clear-cut resolution-worthy linear narrative. It's why I took seriously something Fenn said in an interview "Just go [experience] for the ride." Which maybe you're on board doing, but seems to me inevitable a lot of us will experience that "ride" in fragmented-different ways.
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

KyleRickards wrote:
firefly2193 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote: Not sure about the Albert co-ordinates one. Why would he want to lead Mr. C to Twin Peaks? Isn't Twin Peaks more likely to be the actual location of the real co-ordinates on Ruth's arm?
Did anyone think that the man next to the box with Bad Cooper in the photograph was Charlie?
That's an idea I like. People were saying it was moby who was also playing at the roadhouse in the same episode, but the guy in the photo has a more beefy neck.
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

thedarktrees wrote:Rewatching Part 12 and still being thrilled with the Sarah Palmer scenes. But I'm more puzzled now about one of her stranger and creepier comments.

Hawk's at the door checking in on her, the mysterious rattling in the house happens, and Sarah goes "It's a goddamn bad story, isn't it Hawk"? Is anyone clear on what this is about? Is she just talking about the grocery store incident? Because that's jumping out at me as the creepiest part of the whole exchange.
What story is that, Charlie? (title of next episode)
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Cooperscoffeecup wrote:It's been bugging me since I first watched it. The actor that plays Chrisko (keep your blood) does anyone know anything about him? He looks familiar. Was he captured in the spoiler thread maybe?
I haven't gotten to any pages after 41 yet (where this first appeared) so forgive me if someone already mentioned this:

The actor is actually a North Bend local who lives in the actual trailer park. I have no idea if the "selling his blood" story was true or written in. Lynch liked him so much he wrote the scene for him and Carl.

Off topic but a few personal stories relating to this episode and why it can never been the "weakest" part to me, despite some of the issues I had with it:

I attended the Twin Peaks Festival and Sabrina told us this story about the man with the cane and actually had him in attendance to watch the screening of part 12 with all of us, in the place that they use for the exterior of the Roadhouse. Kimmy, Chrysta, John P (Chad) and Jeremy (Mickey) watched with us, as well. Best part? David Lynch himself watched with us too! Sabrina brought part 12 with her on her computer and was texting David and told him when to hit play and she told him some of our reactions. It was such a magical, unforgettable experience. Everyone clapping when Sarah Palmer returned, audibly "aww"ing to Carl and the man's scene, laughing so hard with Dougie and Sonny Jim and then cry-guffawing when the scene ended and cut back to Twin Peaks 20 seconds later...and man oh man, the DEAFENING ROAR when Audrey Horne appeared on screen. It was almost as if the awkward long pan from Audrey to Charlie was there just so everyone could scream long enough and then shut up before the dialogue started! Haha. Kimmy also said, "Finally!" when Audrey showed up. And those were just some of the highlights. I wish you all could have heard these reactions.

Side note: Sabrina told me (and I think a few others) that she told Sherilyn privately during the festival that she was in part 12 and really wanted her to watch with us but it seems she couldn't bear it. She is so very insecure it seems about her work, she even tweeted someone that she "can't" watch it and "doesn't watch her work." I saw her in the lobby of the Salish as she was leaving. Right after Kimmy had hugged her and told her how great she was, I pulled her aside and made sure to tell her how much people cheered when she showed up and that she did a wonderful job. She, near tears, gave me a hug and thanked me.

Just wanted to share these stories with all of you :)
Thanks so much for sharing! It does sound magical.
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

Esselgee wrote:Maybe "Mother" or "The Experiment" is trying to break through in Sarah's kitchen. Maybe that who is possessing Sarah or just causing her to act strangely. It makes sense that Bob's mother might have some connection to where Bob spent so much time.
I'm on board with this. My prediction is the #15 socket leads to the Palmer house. Naido was warning Cooper away from that socket as she was making slicing movements and sounds with her hands, and the scene synced up to Sam and Tracey getting sliced.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

dropkick23 wrote:
thedarktrees wrote:Rewatching Part 12 and still being thrilled with the Sarah Palmer scenes. But I'm more puzzled now about one of her stranger and creepier comments.

Hawk's at the door checking in on her, the mysterious rattling in the house happens, and Sarah goes "It's a goddamn bad story, isn't it Hawk"? Is anyone clear on what this is about? Is she just talking about the grocery store incident? Because that's jumping out at me as the creepiest part of the whole exchange.
Actually, it goes a lot deeper, I disagree with people who fnd colors, sounds, Moon phases, etc., random and filler material. Why? Here is another clue as to how much thought and care went into little and tiny details.

Just like I said in the previous post regarding the Turkey Jerkey reminding me of "it struck me as funny Harry" scene, this is even more like it: ""It's a goddamn bad storey, isn't it Hawk" It is a bad storey, as in a floor, a floor above the convenience store. So it has a double meaning. Most people hear story, but storey is what she meant, and it probably struck her as funny too.

Sarah is straight behaving like Cooper just post the moment Bob inhabited him and woke up in room #315 at the end of episode 29. I would not be surprised now that it turns out Bob inhabited her after woodsmen extracted him out of Mr C in part 8.

Pure genius from L&F.
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

boske wrote:
dropkick23 wrote:

Actually, it goes a lot deeper, I disagree with people who fnd colors, sounds, Moon phases, etc., random and filler material. Why? Here is another clue as to how much thought and care went into little and tiny details.

Just like I said in the previous post regarding the Turkey Jerkey reminding me of "it struck me as funny Harry" scene, this is even more like it: ""It's a goddamn bad storey, isn't it Hawk" It is a bad storey, as in a floor, a floor above the convenience store. So it has a double meaning. Most people hear story, but storey is what she meant, and it probably struck her as funny too.

Sarah is straight behaving like Cooper just post the moment Bob inhabited him and woke up in room #315 at the end of episode 29. I would not be surprised now that it turns out Bob inhabited her after woodsmen extracted him out of Mr C in part 8.

Pure genius from L&F.
The sequence of it might work - the Woodsmen extract BOB or get their hands contaminated by the BOB virus while harvesting garmonbozia, and shuffle off to the convenience store, where Sarah is a regular customer. She doesn't purchase creamed corn but Smirnoff vodka is distilled from corn (and not all brands are). The Experiment passes BOB in its vomit.
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by Rik Renault »

boske wrote:
dropkick23 wrote:

Pure genius from L&F.
Do the subtitles confirm this? I know they've been wrong before, but that's definitely an interesting thought.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Daliz
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by Daliz »

Rik Renault wrote:
boske wrote:
dropkick23 wrote:

Pure genius from L&F.
Do the subtitles confirm this? I know they've been wrong before, but that's definitely an interesting thought.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
At least in Finnish subtitles on HBO Nordic, it's "story".