Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by bosguy1981 »

Snailhead wrote:Ok, I mean I guess Sarah might be inhabited by a spirit?? But I didn't question my assumption that she was drunk until reading otherwise here on the forum. For my part I still think she'd been drinking, nothing else to it. The thing in the kitchen, however - not sure about that one. And I like not knowing, it's exciting.
I bet it's the sound of the electricity moving through the ceiling fan. Just like it tried to possess Laura that way in The Missing Pieces. And there was a close-up shot of the fan spinning through the windows as Hawk walked up to the house. Uh-oh.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

I may have to watch this over right away. Past episodes, I've given it a few days first. There was barely any new info to digest or worthwhile details to try to untangle -- except Diane with the coordinates, which still had some quirks; and we found out "Blue Rose" has to do with some lady victim who said this before she died, who was among the mysterious cases necessitating "an alternate path."
Otherwise: all the new names dropped tonight, often of unseen characters, it does approach the level of farce.
DJ Beater wrote:Just rewatched FWWM this morning. In it Laura refers to herself as a turkey when she's with James at the Twin Peaks High School. Sarah freaks out when she sees the Turkey Jerky. Now that the golden orb with Laura's face is in the world has Turkey Jerky been brought into the world of Twin Peaks??? Image
I like this! "Gobble, gobble, gobble..."
raltenbach wrote:
The way Sarah was acting when Hawk paid his visit lead me to two conclusions:
1. BOB is currently inhabiting Sarah.
2. The kid from the store is the first new victim (that was him in the kitchen, likely near death)
The only problem with the idea that kid could be in her kitchen is that, if he was delivering wouldn't he have driven those groceries? A delivery vehicle should have been parked in front of the Palmer house when Hawk pulled up.

"Men are coming".. "I feel funny" evokes what Dougie said in the Red Room... "Get the goddamned car keys!" Poor Sarah~
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

djsunyc wrote:the roadhouse scene was 100% useless.

and looks like audrey and richard horne are not really mom and son - or at least not a present mother.
I think the number of unique characters in the Roadhouse at this point proves that they're not random, but very purposeful to the larger tapestry. Just because they may not relate to the plot or that we may never see them again doesn't make them useless, imo. It's about local color, atmosphere, etc. Unorthodox writing for sure, perhaps not plot related, but serving a different purpose.
Last edited by LateReg on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Snailhead wrote:I am shocked at the reaction on here to "cole's girl" - I ADORED that scene. That was the funniest scene of the new series for me.
I loved that scene too. It was so dreamy.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

First time I fast forwarded through a scene. Doctor Amp. Never liked Amp to begin with, but if it turns out to be some time loop/groundhog day thing then I'll go back and watch it 100 times, I promise. Watching all this doctor amp does lend itself to a certain catharsis - like the monks in Monty Python and the Holy Grail who whack themselves in the head with boards.

On the other hand the Truman/Horne scene is one of my favorites so far.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I don't doubt there are evil presences in the Palmer house - that much seems to be a given. I wonder if Sarah's psychic gifts allow her to ward off possession?

EDIT: Also, there is nothing so far to suggest that Richard isn't Audrey's son. The fact that he didn't come up in conversation when Audrey was talking to her husband means nothing either way in that regard.
rugerblackhawk357
Roadhouse Member

Post by rugerblackhawk357 »

wAtChLaR wrote:
Snailhead wrote:Ok, I mean I guess Sarah might be inhabited by a spirit?? But I didn't question my assumption that she was drunk until reading otherwise here on the forum. For my part I still think she'd been drinking, nothing else to it. The thing in the kitchen, however - not sure about that one. And I like not knowing, it's exciting.
Alcoholism kills emotional expression and empathy...she's been numbing out for 25 years...being sober...EVERYTHING is sensed by her...she knows what's coming
been "numbing" after 9. ?einna s'woh
Sometimes i wish i was better off dead. No wait. Not me. You.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Yeah, why not Sarah? Would have been cool to have a female villain, and Zabriskie can be spooky as hell.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Ashok wrote:
Snailhead wrote:I am shocked at the reaction on here to "cole's girl" - I ADORED that scene. That was the funniest scene of the new series for me.
I loved that scene too. It was so dreamy.
BEYOND DREAMY
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:Thoughts on Sarah's reaction to the turkey jerky? The fact that she is overly in tune to things suddenly changing in her reality? She goes out of her way to question the clerk to make sure she saw them when they were delivered. Is reality suddenly changing on a dime in Twin Peaks?
The first thing I thought of was her scene of watching the nature documentary and animals eating each other. What does that mean?
I thought of that, too, when she started eyeing them behind the counter :D .

She watches gruesome nature documentaries, drinks Bloody Marys, and smokes Salems. Is there something freaky going on with Sarah?
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

David Lynch inserting Gordon Cole as a main character is so comforting....like a surreal Mr. Rogers....i hope he lives to 100 like George Burns

i know i know
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

An incredibly disappointing part, saved only by the Sarah Palmer scenes which were great, because she is fantastic. There were other scenes that were alright at best, but none of them went anywhere interesting. What *have* they done to Audrey's character.

Clearly this part is a victim of the extension to 18 hours.

To end on a positive, the one Dougie scene was hilarious.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

btw, that was some really bad overacting by audrey in that scene.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Re: Dr. Amp, the repeat of the same footage has to be intentional...he's a shock jock...one verse...no chorus...it feels like he's taken the place of INVITATION TO LOVE in this season

i know i know
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

I saw the Dougie gag in Private parts. Funnier with a Frisbee.
There's your roast beef and cheese.