Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by dropkick23 »

BlueRose69 wrote:"Next stop, Wendy's"= Best line of TPTR

Maybe they'll pick up some Smirnoff on the way.
rugerblackhawk357
Roadhouse Member

Post by rugerblackhawk357 »

ThumbsUp wrote:
raltenbach wrote:I really loved the glacial pacing of this episode and how certain scenes not only tried the audience's patience, but the patience of the characters within the scene (Albert waiting on the French woman, Audrey waiting on her husband). Add to this the fact that the only moments that advance the plot points we've been following closely are very brief and also self aware in their brevity (The killing of Warden Murphy in particular with the "bang bang next stop Wendy's" and the single shot of Cooper getting hit by a baseball). I do enjoy it when Lynch/Frost toy with the audience like that.

With that in mind, I do think tat in retrospect this will prove to be a very important episode. A lot of things happening in the background, or even unseen/unheard.

I think the woman that Audrey had her husband call is the mother of the kid that Richard killed, hence her husband's silence

I'm pretty sure the Sarah meltdown will have a lot of significance going forward, and the use of the Philip Jefferies music in that scene made it feel even more powerful.

The way Sarah was acting when Hawk paid his visit lead me to two conclusions:

1. BOB is currently inhabiting Sarah.

2. The kid from the store is the first new victim (that was him in the kitchen, likely near death)

Diane knows WAY more than either Cole or Albert (LAS VEGAS?) and I now think she's been communicating with Jefferies this whole time.
Love this entire post.

should have included"coop wakes up in episode 3 and we have 15 episodes of awesome"
Sometimes i wish i was better off dead. No wait. Not me. You.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

BOB inside Sarah rings true to me. He was in the other two Palmer's.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

kylie wrote: There were a lot of odd things in that Audrey scene, but the oddest to me was Charlie's use of a rotary phone. I mean, not just a landline but a rotary!
His clothes were old-fashioned too.

He seems like a journalist: Lots of books/papers on the desk, talk of deadlines, and the next episode title is "What story is that, Charlie?"
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

mtwentz wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Boy, did Lynch subvert people's expectations with Audrey! :lol:
Yes he did. I am not sure what to make of that scene. Why do you think Audrey had to marry Charlie?
We'll find out, but I think the important takeaway from the scene is that Audrey, like Shelly, is focused on some guy in her life more than anything else.

If Richard is her son, which I doubt, she's not interested in his life at all.

I think Richard may very well be Donna's son.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Hester Prynne wrote:Thoughts on Sarah's reaction to the turkey jerky? The fact that she is overly in tune to things suddenly changing in her reality? She goes out of her way to question the clerk to make sure she saw them when they were delivered. Is reality suddenly changing on a dime in Twin Peaks?
The first thing I thought of was her scene of watching the nature documentary and animals eating each other. What does that mean?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Driftwood wrote:really, bob is the only explanation for a fan spinning? lol
thank you....the grief is still in the house and the bad juju is still there....i'm going to watch again to soak it in but i assure you...i will be skipping the Audrey scene
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

blue_tomorrows wrote: I took some of this as "Lynch f***ing with the audience" as well. My question is, isn't it getting a little late in the game for that excuse to be popping up so much? Messing with the audience might be fun, but it hardly makes for good and satisfying art. I've enjoyed most of this so far, but somewhere in the back of my mind the warning bells are sounding that we might already know as much as we're ever going to know about any of these storylines.
I find a lot of this f***ing with the audience totally hilarious, I mean I was dying when Charlie wouldn't tell Audrey what he heard on the phone. It might piss me off if I thought there wasn't going to be more answers but I have no concerns on that end at all. We've learned a lot already.

The humor is almost Andy Kaufman-esque in the audaciousness of it.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

An episode of TPTR without Norma doing paperwork is no episode whatsoever. Shame on you, Misters Lynch & Frost!
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

There are a heck of a lot of references to smoking in this show.

Gotta light?

The spelling of that's kind of odd. Out of context, wouldn't one would naturally read that as a contraction of "got to light"?
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

raltenbach wrote: I think the woman that Audrey had her husband call is the mother of the kid that Richard killed, hence her husband's silence

The way Sarah was acting when Hawk paid his visit lead me to two conclusions:

1. BOB is currently inhabiting Sarah.

2. The kid from the store is the first new victim (that was him in the kitchen, likely near death)

^ That's some special agent cooper like inductive skills if some of that is true.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Esselgee wrote:An episode of TPTR without Norma doing paperwork is no episode whatsoever. Shame on you, Misters Lynch & Frost!
She's apparently outsourced it all to Charlie.

I like Charlie.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Esselgee wrote:An episode of TPTR without Norma doing paperwork is no episode whatsoever. Shame on you, Misters Lynch & Frost!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Wonderful & Strange wrote: I think Richard may very well be Donna's son.
Mind = blown....
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

ThumbsUp wrote:
kylie wrote: There were a lot of odd things in that Audrey scene, but the oddest to me was Charlie's use of a rotary phone. I mean, not just a landline but a rotary!
His clothes were old-fashioned too.

He seems like a journalist: Lots of books/papers on the desk, talk of deadlines, and the next episode title is "What story is that, Charlie?"

Scenery jumping across decades is nothing new for lynch (particularly mulholland dr), question is if there is relevance towards the plot/ framework