Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by h2nho »

Isis Unveiled wrote:
h2nho wrote: In Part 18, it'll be revealed she's been filling out a marriage application for her and Big Ed this entire time, and she just keeps tearing it up and starting over.
Isn't Big Ed dead? I must have missed something crucial, here.
I think you're thinking of Hank, who is dead. Big Ed is most certainly alive.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Fire wrote:I would love to have a GIF of Candie and the girls just moving, from the shot of them in this episode. Something about it, I can just watch it forever. So hypnotic in a Lynch way.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Isis Unveiled wrote:
h2nho wrote: In Part 18, it'll be revealed she's been filling out a marriage application for her and Big Ed this entire time, and she just keeps tearing it up and starting over.
He's very much alive.
anthoto1
Roadhouse Member

Post by anthoto1 »

Isis Unveiled wrote:
Bro you'd better rewatch the original run at this point. :lol:
Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

Don't be haters.

I'm quite familiar with the original run. Whomever it was above that suggested I was confusing Ed with Hank was correct.

But no one answered my question about Leo Johnson, or Windom Earl. Where are they?
"I have the fury of my own momentum." - BOB
anthoto1
Roadhouse Member

Post by anthoto1 »

Isis Unveiled wrote:Don't be haters.

I'm quite familiar with the original run. Whomever it was above that suggested I was confusing Ed with Hank was correct.

But no one answered my question about Leo Johnson, or Windom Earl. Where are they?
I don't think we're haters but there are plenty of ways for you to find out (twinpeaks wikia for example, you'll get complete answers). You may ask questions on more appropriate topics too.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

No one was 'hating' on you. Earle died in the Season 2 finale.

Leo is presumed dead or gone. We don't know.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

anthoto1 wrote: I don't think we're haters but there are plenty of ways for you to find out (twinpeaks wikia for example, you'll get complete answers). You may ask questions on more appropriate topics too.
Thank you for your elaborate and concise response, it certainly eased my curiosity and I have since ceased any further inquiry.

For now, I know, when someone is too lazy to go into what their own interpretation is on something such as Leo Johnson, TP Wikia is the bonefide institution with all the answers.

Got it!
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

Lynch and Frost have been subverting my presumptions brilliantly since the start and I love them for it.

All along, the one thing I knew for certain was that I would hate that Jim Belushi played any part in this. And now: "I love this guy!"

And every time I thought I knew where we were headed, we went someplace else, and it surpassed what I'd imagined.

I still have some hopes and pet theories, but if nothing comes of them I'm sure that'll be okay, because I'll have been surprised by something better.
Last edited by DamnFineCreamedCorn on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

N. Needleman wrote:No one was 'hating' on you. Earle died in the Season 2 finale.

Did Earle actually die? Or was/is he trapped in his own realm of the lodge similar to no eyed Josie in the Revival part 1?

It was obvious that BOB had used Earle as a conduit to attract cooper to the lodge. Success I guess?
ScarFace32
RR Diner Member

Post by ScarFace32 »

Isis Unveiled wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:No one was 'hating' on you. Earle died in the Season 2 finale.

Did Earle actually die? Or was/is he trapped in his own realm of the lodge similar to no eyed Josie in the Revival part 1?

It was obvious that BOB had used Earle as a conduit to attract cooper to the lodge. Success I guess?
Lol this guy's been watching a different show then us
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Isis Unveiled wrote:
That wasn't Josie.
Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

ScarFace32 wrote: Lol this guy's been watching a different show then us
Hey smart guy, want to tell me where the sigil for the ring came from?

The one that Hawk referred to in Part 11, and the one in FWWM that Lara dreams about? The one that is written about in The Secret History of Twin Peaks?

Can you tell me who and when in history had used the sigil/symbol it to represent some occult deviance?
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

Isis Unveiled wrote:
anthoto1 wrote: I don't think we're haters but there are plenty of ways for you to find out (twinpeaks wikia for example, you'll get complete answers). You may ask questions on more appropriate topics too.
Thank you for your elaborate and concise response, it certainly eased my curiosity and I have since ceased any further inquiry.

For now, I know, when someone is too lazy to go into what their own interpretation is on something such as Leo Johnson, TP Wikia is the bonefide institution with all the answers.

Got it!
I certainly don't take it as a given that Windom and Leo are dead. I don't expect to see either of them in The Return, however...
Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

I feel as though Windom's role in the original series (Season 2) was understated and lacking in context. After all, he is the first character to mention the word DUGPA, If I recall correctly.

Many of us wouldn't have found this message board without that reference, methinks.