Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by Framed_Angel »

wxray wrote:
sewhite2000 wrote: because A) No one is named Miriam anymore
"Miriam" is a deeply biblical name transcending different faiths and sects
Haha - - @sewhite, I half-expected you to shoot back, "But no one reads the BIBLE anymore!!" :o
Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

Manwith wrote:
Methedrome wrote: - she was clearly not trusted enough to be part of the conversation between Albert and Cole when they spoke about their meeting with BadCoop.
You mean the meeting where she was wearing a wire? They trusted her, they just didn't want their conversation to be recorded.
When was it shown she was wearing a wire? She was just present for the interrogation, no?
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

Methedrome wrote:When was it shown she was wearing a wire? She was just present for the interrogation, no?
Cole dismisses her from his conversation with Albert after the interrogation based on the fact she's wearing a wire. (Which he told her to.)
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

yaxomoxay wrote:
sewhite2000 wrote:I didn't mean to imply unions had any control over characters' names. I just meant to say there was probably a long lag time between that prop letter being addressed and the credits being assembled, and a mistake could have been made by someone along the way.
Wouldn't Miriam's last name be in her first appearance on the script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, possible. Maybe she was originally just listed as "Miriam". Her last name hasn't been said out loud anywhere on the show. Or maybe it is "Rogers" in the script, but in the haste of production, the prop people just got the name wrong when creating the envelope.

It's been pointed out that it was a rather unusual script, initially with no divisions into episodes, and I don't know how many people saw the whole script anyway, other than Lynch and Frost and Machlachlan and a few Showtime executives. All the other actors just got to see the scenes they were in.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

sewhite2000 wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
sewhite2000 wrote:I didn't mean to imply unions had any control over characters' names. I just meant to say there was probably a long lag time between that prop letter being addressed and the credits being assembled, and a mistake could have been made by someone along the way.

Yes, possible. Maybe she was originally just listed as "Miriam". Her last name hasn't been said out loud anywhere on the show. Or maybe it is "Rogers" in the script, but in the haste of production, the prop people just got the name wrong when creating the envelope.

It's been pointed out that it was a rather unusual script, initially with no divisions into episodes, and I don't know how many people saw the whole script anyway, other than Lynch and Frost and Machlachlan and a few Showtime executives. All the other actors just got to see the scenes they were in.
I guess we will know pretty soon. It would be cool if Chad got busted because of his stupidity.

wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Part 6 credits:
part6credit.JPG
part6credit.JPG (47.69 KiB) Viewed 8136 times
Redlodge
Roadhouse Member

Post by Redlodge »

It's time for (Jar Jar Binks) I mean Dougie Jones to go away. Dale Cooper please wake up now so we can have at least a few parts with our favorite FBI Agent.
It's dragging on and on and on. I am so worried we may not see the 'good' Dale until the end of the series or maybe not at all. Dougie had had way too much air time so far.
I love the rest of the series except for Jim Belushi and Richard Horne. It's very well done but it's time to say goodbye to Dougie.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet , oh what a crop of mummy wheat.
Redlodge
Roadhouse Member

Post by Redlodge »

Yes 8 left but only 7 Sundays left is what I meant.
Forgive the error.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet , oh what a crop of mummy wheat.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

wxray wrote:Part 6 credits:
part6credit.JPG
So is the actress named the same in both parts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

KyleRickards wrote:
wxray wrote:Part 6 credits:part6credit.JPG
So is the actress named the same in both parts?
Yes
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Redlodge wrote:Yes 8 left but only 7 Sundays left is what I meant.
Forgive the error.
I can't believe that in 7 weeks TP will be no more :(

manalicream
Roadhouse Member

Post by manalicream »

Have we considered the possibility that Miriam wrote to Harry, not Frank?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

yaxomoxay wrote:
sewhite2000 wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:

I guess we will know pretty soon. It would be cool if Chad got busted because of his stupidity.

It would be awesome if Lucy was the one to get him
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

krishnanspace wrote:
Esselgee wrote:We haven't gone deeper into why Cooper seems to be missing his gunshot wound from Josie and his stab wound from Windom Earle.
Cooper was wearing a bulletproof vest.He never got shot
Remember that Coop had pulled his vest up a bit because of a "wood tick" or something. Anyway, there was definitely blood when Cooper was shot. If a vest stops a bullet from hitting the body, would there ever be any blood? I'd have to go back and watch the season 2 premiere to see if the bullet penetrated the skin.
nick1218
Roadhouse Member

Post by nick1218 »

Esselgee wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Esselgee wrote:We haven't gone deeper into why Cooper seems to be missing his gunshot wound from Josie and his stab wound from Windom Earle.
Cooper was wearing a bulletproof vest.He never got shot
Remember that Coop had pulled his vest up a bit because of a "wood tick" or something. Anyway, there was definitely blood when Cooper was shot. If a vest stops a bullet from hitting the body, would there ever be any blood? I'd have to go back and watch the season 2 premiere to see if the bullet penetrated the skin.
didnt the stabbing in the red room (black lodge) do a sudden reverse video? As if he stabbed him, then unstabbed him? Maybe Im remembering wrong but the red room has no rules. Remember he entered with a rain coat and suddenly inside had no rain coat.