Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

garethw
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by garethw »

trismegistus wrote:
I literally know nothing of Gardenback except for the AFI script and plans to do that before Eraserhead. I've never known details. That's why I asked. Thanks for clarifying, even if it's really just pointing out (what I should have recognized as obvious) that its a creature with a "garden back"
Lol, sorry to get your hopes up. And I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. I've developed a heightened sense of "spotting references to previous works" throughout the series, and it may be cracked up to the max, so to speak.

And I didn't know there was a acript! Is that something one can purchase? A just printed a giant compendium of Lynch screenplays (a single copy for myself, hardback with a deep blue dust jacket, courtesy of lulu.com), and I would have loved for this to have been in it, if it's something one can get a hold of.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

Esselgee wrote:Actually, it will be revealed that Ben & Sylvia had another child that was just never mentioned on the original show. Just like how we didn't know Donna had a second sister until the second season. Audrey & Johnny obviously had an older sibling that probably already lived on their own which is why we never saw them on the original show. That person will obviously be the parent (probably father) of Richard Horne. This is all my speculation of course.
I could actually see that happening.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I have the same remote that Candie used. Can I say I have an official Twin Peaks prop now?

I guess no Big Ed before Everett McGill's Comic-Con appearance.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:A bit disappointed in some of the characters tonight:
  • Diane for being duplicitous. I guess we don't know anything about her background, but what would be her motivation for working with DoppelCooper? The interrogation room scene was one of the most effectively disturbing of the new series - are we now supposed to assume that it was an act? Or did he somehow hypnotize her with that text message being the activation phrase?
  • Janey for getting sidetracked from Dougie's obviously barely-there behavior after seeing him with his shirt off, and this when she presumably knows that he's recently been cheating on her.
  • Carl Rodd for not doing anything when he hears Becky fighting with her husband.
  • Ben for going back to his philandering ways after an argument with Sylvia (he does know that Beverly is married, after all).
I see where you're coming from here. Diane's interrogation scene does become less impactful. And Carl and Ben's lack of action is disturbing. As others have said, so much violence against women in this episode (and in Twin Peaks as a greater oeuvre), and I'm craving some vengeance and justice.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

The Brown Lodge wrote: That whole theory relies upon there having been a rape in the hospital. Its more than a bit of a reach, surely?

I imagine most probably that Richard Horne's father is someone Audrey had liaisons with post season 2.
There was literally a scene in part 7 where the sole purpose (plotwise) was to introduce the fact that Evil Coop was seen leaving the ICU where Audrey was. they even have a character say, "I thought he was probably visiting Audrey Horne." And we know Richard (and Linda) are important somehow in the grand scheme, which means they probably have something to do with Coop.

So, no, it's not remotely a stretch. I'd say it's highly likely at this point.

edit: to clarify, I too thought it was a stretch when people brought up the theory after we first met Richard, because it was just based on the fact that he's such an asshole. But, alas, I was dead wrong.
Last edited by BGate on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

BGate wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote: That whole theory relies upon there having been a rape in the hospital. Its more than a bit of a reach, surely?

I imagine most probably that Richard Horne's father is someone Audrey had liaisons with post season 2.
There was literally a scene in part 7 where the sole purpose (plotwise) was to introduce the fact that Evil Coop was seen leaving the ICU where Audrey was. they even have a character say, "I thought he was probably visiting Audrey Horne." And we know Richard (and Linda) are important somehow in the grand scheme, which means they probably have something to do with Coop.

Has there been a "Linda" mentioned aside from the guy who was talking to Carl when they catch a ride into town?
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

mtwentz wrote:So DoppelCiop is the anonymous billionaire?
Ahh . . . hadn't made that connection yet, but I think you might be right. Wasn't he outside of the box looking in? And wasn't there something or someone in the box? Could anybody see who or what it was?
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

So was that Moby as one of the musicians at the end?
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
wxray wrote:OK, we know Richard is not a cousin, or nephew. He is either Johnny or Audrey's son.

Someone up above was sure it was Audrey. Why? It could still be Johnny. I think the fact that Richard called Johnny a piece of shit or whatever means nothing, considering he called his grandmother the c-word. The guy is pure evil and doesn't give a crap about anything.

I still think his parentage is up for grabs.
In what possible scenario could Johnny Horne father a child?
In a scenario that resembles how Janey E took charge sexually with DougieCoop in this very episode.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

BGate wrote:

A retired doctor speculating about someone's reason for being in a hospital means it's highly likely he was there to rape Audrey? I don't buy it at all.
C-Lee

Post by C-Lee »

Esselgee wrote:So was that Moby as one of the musicians at the end?
Yes
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

dropkick23 wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
wxray wrote:OK, we know Richard is not a cousin, or nephew. He is either Johnny or Audrey's son.

Someone up above was sure it was Audrey. Why? It could still be Johnny. I think the fact that Richard called Johnny a piece of shit or whatever means nothing, considering he called his grandmother the c-word. The guy is pure evil and doesn't give a crap about anything.

I still think his parentage is up for grabs.
In what possible scenario could Johnny Horne father a child?
In a scenario that resembles how Janey E took charge sexually with DougieCoop in this very episode.
So you think someone sexually took charge of Johnny Horne, in order to have his child?
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

this season is everything
not meant to be interpreted
it's experiential

LOVE
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

HaroldSmith wrote:
garethw wrote:
Cstar84 wrote:
Just incredible. Her performance gave me chills.
So great. I've been mildly positive on most of the roadhouse music scenes, but this is one of the few, to my mind, that matches the beauty and power of Julee Cruise in the original run and FWWM.

I also love that it binds together Twin Peaks and Mulholland Dr just a little more tightly.
So far this and the performance of Shadow from the second part are the only Bang Bang Bar songs that grabbed me like the Julee Cruise performances in the original series. I hope there are more songs that will add to the Twin Peaks musical legacy before the season is over.
I can't wait for Julee herself to show up at the Roadhouse. I'm sure it's going to be a real treat.
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

Cstar84 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
The Gazebo wrote:First impression: F****n' brilliant.

Afterthought: How the hell is this going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only eight more episodes?
i have the same fear i'm having during lost's last season. alot of stuff going on...and coop is still dougie. until he returns back to dale cooper, we are still building to a climax.
I don't think we're getting anything approaching the "real" Cooper until the last two eipsiodes, if at all. If anything, I think the sex scene and DougieCoop's reaction hints that he might stay with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.
I'm thinking love will snap him out it and yes, he'll stay with Janey E.