Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by Aerozhul »

thedougpa wrote:I think we will see a funeral for Johnny Horne soon. He was running pretty fucking fast. Would be a good way to bring Audrey into the picture and possibly settle the parentage of Richard Horne.
I thought the same thing....
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Fantastic episode! What a difference that the music makes. Hopefully we see more older tracks mixed with new stuff.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TimeLife

Post by TimeLife »

garethw wrote:
Esselgee wrote:So Andy has time to argue with Lucy about what color chair to buy? I assume that he hasn't taken the hit and run driver into custody or found "The Farmer" yet.
Is it future, or is it past?

I've had the distinct impression right from the start that the various fragments may be presented less chronologically than may first appear. I think this episode highlighted that - the 10/1 dates (a couple of days from now), and Hasting signing 9/20.

Or maybe it's just slightly sloppy story-telling. I'm sort of on the fence. :)
Actually, if you look closely, Hastings dates the Briggs picture "9/29". The "9" does kind of look like a zero at first glance...so I guess Buckhorn scenes are in the same timeline as the Twin Peaks scenes.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

garethw wrote:
Esselgee wrote:So Andy has time to argue with Lucy about what color chair to buy? I assume that he hasn't taken the hit and run driver into custody or found "The Farmer" yet.

I've had the distinct impression right from the start that the various fragments may be presented less chronologically than may first appear. I think this episode highlighted that - the 10/1 dates (a couple of days from now), and Hasting signing 9/20.

I assume Bill wrote 9/29 rather sloppily, as that would be the day the rest of this Part takes place since Bobby and Hawk and Truman are planning to head over to that Rabbit place in two days, on 10/1. But who knows.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So, at this point, of the original cast (and/or TP residents), Kyle is getting the most screentime and is top-billed.

Of the rest (using character names instead of actor names as less confusing).

A lot of Cole and Albert. (Several scenes)

It seems Hawk is getting the second-most screentime (leaving aside Cole and Albert who have gotten more), alongside Truman (who's a new character but I'm including him because he's a TP resident).

After that, it's Andy and Lucy, then Jacoby and Ben and Jerry tied probably with Bobby. Then the Log Lady (unsure if more was filmed), tied with Shelly/Norma I think (in terms of screentime). And Heidi.

A few appearances from the One Armed Man.

Giant/???? is next with two scenes so far.

One brief glimpse of Sarah Palmer, but probably more to come. And Leland.

I think one scene is probably all we'll see of Mike Nelson and Betty Briggs, but maybe not.

One brief cameo from Doc Hayward.

Couple of brief scenes of Jacques Renault - but now as a lookalike brother.

I think we'll see more of James, but so far very little - just one brief scene. Ditto Nadine.

And only one scene with Laura so far too.

One brief scene with Ronette (credited as "American Girl" so possibly a new character).

A very brief scene of Johnny Horne (with new actor) and a brief, faceless appearance from Syliva Horne.

LMFAP replaced by a tree and figuring into it a good bit.

From FWWM - Carl Rodd one appearance but a large one.

Briggs and Bob figuring into the plot a lot. Unsure if Pete will.

Unsure whether Josie, Catherine, Leo, Annie, or Eileen Hayward will return. Or Harriet. None of them are listed in the cast list so probably not. And Donna is most likely not reappearing either.

Audrey, Big Ed, Gersten Hayward, and Julee Cruise's roadhouse singer all remain to be seen.

Anyone else I've forgotten, either still to be seen or unlikely we will see?
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

LateReg wrote:
garethw wrote:

I assume Bill wrote 9/29 rather sloppily, as that would be the day the rest of this Part takes place since Bobby and Hawk and Truman are planning to head over to that Rabbit place in two days, on 10/1. But who knows.
The Lucy and Andy chair scene seems to take place on a different day than when they find the Jackrabbit note; Lucy's wearing a totally different outfit.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

If Johnny does live, it would be great to see Jacoby working with him again.
camel1206

Post by camel1206 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbi7rq-TSk8

Just love how everything is tying together.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Jerry Horne wrote:Fantastic episode! What a difference that the music makes. Hopefully we see more older tracks mixed with new stuff.
lucy buying the red chair was the sweetest thing ever

so much sentiment in this episode....betty briggs.........
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Loved hearing the Deer Meadow music, but I'm kinda hoping the scenes are starting a trail that leads to Chet Desmond (seems like a stretch, but I'm holding out hope for at least some sort of hint into to that mystery).

Cooper's fingerprints should lead Gordon, Albert and Diane towards Vegas, but something tells me Dougie/Coop's multiple storylines will unfold before we get a reunion (which would hopefully help wake up Coop). Granted, probably silly to predict where the show is going.

Two days seems like an eternity the way time is unfolding in this show. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Bobby, Hawk and Frank investigating the clue for a couple of episodes.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Esselgee wrote:If Johnny does live, it would be great to see Jacoby working with him again.
he lost his license :(

i know i know
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

TimeLife wrote: Actually, if you look closely, Hastings dates the Briggs picture "9/29". The "9" does kind of look like a zero at first glance...so I guess Buckhorn scenes are in the same timeline as the Twin Peaks scenes.
LateReg wrote: I assume Bill wrote 9/29 rather sloppily, as that would be the day the rest of this Part takes place since Bobby and Hawk and Truman are planning to head over to that Rabbit place in two days, on 10/1. But who knows.
Aaaah... thanks for the corrections, kind folks... There goes my theory!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 9082 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Wouldn't Ben be a little more distraught if his son died earlier that day? I know this thing was a monster to edit and fit together, so some allowances are made by me for the timeline, but I think Ben's scene would have been inserted in a different episode or part if Johnny had died.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
his scene was phenomenal

i know i know