Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

asquideatingdough
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Post by asquideatingdough »

That's definitely the room where Cooper and ??????? speak in Part 1. Which is the same building as the beginning of Part 3, or at least the same realm, in that purple sea.
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

Was Sarah Palmer from new mexico?
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

Episode 8 was ALL FILLER (except for the awesome Nine Inch Nails scene and the dead souls bringing Evil Cooper back to life)
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

I'm not sure about 10 minutes of zooming through explosions and blood cells, and blowing-up-stuff.

But I do really like Mr. and Mrs. ?????'s living room.
ToriFreak2016

Post by ToriFreak2016 »

Um...I liked that. I don't know why. But I did. I'm thinking the nuclear bomb ripped a doorway open. But...yeh...I liked it.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Robot Butler wrote:
djsunyc wrote: i thought the little boy was a young leland but the years don't work out right. maybe the little girl will be leland's mother?
Yeah, i thought that's where they were going with it too. Not so sure now, though.
Grace Zabriski was born 41. This was 56, so she'd be 15. I think you can age Leland up or down accordingly.

I thought the girl was Sarah personally, but who knows.
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

Wow. That was fucking beautiful.
-
As above, so below.
-
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Endangered_Wulf wrote:Episode 8 was ALL FILLER (except for the awesome Nine Inch Nails scene and the dead souls bringing Evil Cooper back to life)
Odd, I thought the NIN was the most obvious filler, but I do agree there was quite a bit more.

This kind of reminds me of my first reaction after mainlining the first 4 hours: what a beautiful mess.
Shazbot

Post by Shazbot »

Holy Fuck
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

Rudagger wrote:
Robot Butler wrote:
djsunyc wrote: i thought the little boy was a young leland but the years don't work out right. maybe the little girl will be leland's mother?
Yeah, i thought that's where they were going with it too. Not so sure now, though.
Grace Zabriski was born 41. This was 56, so she'd be 15. I think you can age Leland up or down accordingly.

I thought the girl was Sarah personally, but who knows.
if laura was sent by the giant, then depicting her as a bug/creature is a weird choice since bugs are associated with bad things.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

I literally sat in front of my TV, mouth open, trying to comprehend what the actual fuck was going on. Openly laughed when we got to 1956 and it was obvious we weren't coming back to the present any time soon. By the way, I loved this part.

Also, this has to be the least time spent in the actual town of Twin Peaks thus far. Only the Roadhouse act.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

They weren't kidding when they said that there was going to be political themes this time.

Look forward to laughing at the detractors thread in due course.
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

I wish Lynch and Frost would just stick to some ''good-old-fashioned-cohesive-season-one-original-formula-storytelling" :cry:
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
Hercousin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hercousin »

Well, fam, I got nothing. Except 3-4 more minutes of "The" Nine Inch Nails than I ever wanted to see in Twin Peaks. That I got. And I think it might have ruined seeing Laura's soul being sent to earth.

Might end up being a favorite part once this is all wrapped up, but right now I'm feeling like I need to raid my husband's cache of Greek table wine. Which is shit, let me tell you.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Random thought:

What we just watched is in the same TV show as Little Nicky and The Weasel Riot.

/ What a great name for a band...