Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by TwinsPeak »

I don't think the Coop of old is coming back. He has spent too much time in the Lodge, you don't just bounce back from something like that. IMO

Just because we want to see the old Coop doesn't mean we're gonna. Heck, I wanted a lot more Laura Palmer and a lot more in the town of Twin Peaks.

I don't think we are getting a season 4. I keep reading people say they think there will be a season 4, where Cooper is "normal" and we spend more time in Twin Peaks and things are like the original series again. That's not happening. This is what were getting, it's amazing, its just not going to be what we expected.

I'm guilty of it too but saying what you want to happen like old coop coming back( he might, but he also most likely wont) and other things like a season 4 that is more suited to what you want, takes away from whats happening now. Its most likely the only Twin Peaks we will get, so stop making things up to suit your wants, and enjoy the ride we're on.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
    Audrey Horne wrote:Maybe the stairwell climb is in his "house", the same dwelling he started the season with the Giant/????

Maybe if Cooper defeats hus shadow self, he also reverses the DNA of his possible son, Richard?

I have always thought that was the stairs from the Palmer House. Never given it a thought it was elsewhere.
    Could that be the glass box monster on those stairs? Sure has the same vibe as when it escaped box.
    Deep Thought
    RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Why does Andy have a Rolex?
    There's your roast beef and cheese.
    thedougpa
    RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Does anyone remember what week the schedule is switching over to an 8pm showtime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eyeboogers
    Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

thedougpa wrote:Does anyone remember what week the schedule is switching over to an 8pm showtime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it is after "Ray Donovan" returns first week of august.
    Taperecorder
    Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

TwinsPeak wrote: This is what were getting, it's amazing, its just not going to be what we expected.
    ^^ THIS ^^
    -
    As above, so below.
    -
    Ross
    Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Why are people expecting a big cliffhanger tomorrow tied into the 2 week break? The break is just for the July 4th weekend.
    "I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
    http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
    Audrey Horne
    Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Sorry, I confused the stair snippet in the trailer with the shot of Cooper walking down a corridor. That is what might be "our house."

I think old Cooper will come back, but of course he will be changed. We're already getting glimpses of it. His glee with his first taste of coffee, the "he's lying" line reading, his instinct kicking in when taking down Ike. We'll get Cooper and his contented smile and joy of life again.
    God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
    Cappy
    Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Even if Cooper does become his 1989 self again, he'd be so far behind everyone else that he'd essentially be like Lucy misunderstanding cell/smart phones. And I'm sure there'd be comedic misunderstandings of contemporary things, along with Coop making dated references to things that younger characters wouldn't catch. But Coop rarely made pop culture references in the original, so I don't know if being temporally displaced would affect his character in that regard.

Mark Frost did a show with a similar premise, Buddy Faro, about a detective from the 70's who, after two decades of seclusion, returns to solve crimes in the late 90's. It's actually a really fun show, and I think most of it is on youtube. It'll be interesting to see if the restored Cooper is reminiscent of Buddy Faro in any way.
    chromereflectsimage
    RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

I wonder if the South Dakota people will see Janey-E and Dougie on the news and connect them to the ring found in Major Brigg's body.
    Jerry Horne
    Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:Why are people expecting a big cliffhanger tomorrow tied into the 2 week break? The break is just for the July 4th weekend.
    Some of that is tied into Jeff Jensen of Entertainment Weekly hearing a rumor that tomorrow's episode is supposed to be wild.
    RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Ped
    Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Jerry Horne wrote:
    Ross wrote:Why are people expecting a big cliffhanger tomorrow tied into the 2 week break? The break is just for the July 4th weekend.
    Some of that is tied into Jeff Jensen of Entertainment Weekly hearing a rumor that tomorrow's episode is supposed to be wild.
    The way I took Jeff Jensen's tweet was that it is wild, as in beginning of part 3 wild. Hope it's BadCoop on a rampage wild though.
    Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
    Pinky
    RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

baxter wrote:My hunch now is that indeed DougieCoop remains in that state til the last episode, but that we actually see Cooper somewhere else in the interim. We've already seen the proper Cooper in places we recognise, and at least one place that we don't recognise, so something is going on that I don't understand.

Then they would use this as leverage for a fourth season where Cooper is actually back in the "real world" solving crimes.
    I can't imagine there'll be a fourth and I think any talk from DKL that suggests it will be misdirection in the service of keeping the mystery alive, right up until the last episode airs. But I can definitely see Dougie sticking about in the real world whilst 'real' Coop dives back into the Black Lodge to find Laura (which is what i'm guessing that trailer scene is, the one with Coop and Gerard/MIKE walking down that Tremond painting corridor).
    Pinky
    RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

madeleineferguson wrote:When Gordon Cole plays with Tammy's fingers, he makes special reference to the ring finger, the "spiritual mound". Can't help but remember that BOB placed letters spelling out his name under the ring fingers of his victims 25 years ago.

I don't think "normal" forensic analysts would look under the nail beds of victims for something so small... it took a crazy genius like Sam Stanley to find that letter on Teresa Banks. I wonder if BOB kept up his gruesome habit and has left letters on his victims over the years, but they've gone unnoticed?
    BOB also made actual mounds, too.
    Mibbler
    Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

Sorry about my ignorance but... Is there any implication that Bad Coop is in a "federal" prison? Or, in other words, Would there be any implication if Bad Coop was in a "non federal" prison?