Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Panapaok »

Ragnell wrote:However, while I was looking I saw the Cooper looking around someone image. Pretty sure that shoulder is Janey-E's and that neighborhood is Lancelot Court, so that one should come up before he leaves Vegas.
Spoiler:
This is 100% inaccurate.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Wow, I didn't realize how much of the trailers we hadn't seen yet! I was just focused on the fact that every new character we met in the trailer was dead by the end of Part 2 :lol:
Marjorie's still alive- and her dog too!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

In the driving shot, the eyes don't look like DoppleCoop.
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

Ragnell wrote:No, the car looks a little different. Weird coincidence, though.
Spoiler:

However, while I was looking I saw the Cooper looking around someone image. Pretty sure that shoulder is Janey-E's and that neighborhood is Lancelot Court, so that one should come up before he leaves Vegas.
Spoiler:
That's definitely not Janey-E. I won't spoil it but that image comes from a leaked scene.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

HagbardCeline wrote:In the driving shot, the eyes don't look like DoppleCoop.
Yep, agreed. The Doppelgänger has pitch black eyes (Kyle is actually wearing contact lenses). In the driving shot, as well as the shot where he is standing next to someone, his eyes look more vivid.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

re: coop stepping out of the shadows shot:

yes is does look similar to how he looks in the purple room, but I'm pretty confident we'll see that shot as well. i have a feeling when coop comes to his senses that that shot will be a reveal if sorts. I was surprised how many exterior / transitional shots from the trailers ended up in he show / title sequence. the only one I'm dubious that we'll see is the bit that seems to be Lynch shaking the camera with the distorted screm. And even that we might see!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

dud wrote:re: coop stepping out of the shadows shot:

yes is does look similar to how he looks in the purple room, but I'm pretty confident we'll see that shot as well. i have a feeling when coop comes to his senses that that shot will be a reveal if sorts. I was surprised how many exterior / transitional shots from the trailers ended up in he show / title sequence. the only one I'm dubious that we'll see is the bit that seems to be Lynch shaking the camera with the distorted screm. And even that we might see!
Regarding the distorted scream, I think it sounds very similar to the sound when the Rancho Rosa logo comes on. Maybe an earlier version?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

oh wow yeah they do bear a similar it, come to think of it
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Just a thought. The statue worked as a kind of premonition; a man pointing a pistol. Maybe the news will spread images of the statue, which then can serve as a landmark to trace down Goop's location. Maybe Sarah, who seems to be the only one that watches TV in Twin Peaks, as far as I remember that is, will notice and somehow inform others.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

When Gordon Cole plays with Tammy's fingers, he makes special reference to the ring finger, the "spiritual mound". Can't help but remember that BOB placed letters spelling out his name under the ring fingers of his victims 25 years ago.

I don't think "normal" forensic analysts would look under the nail beds of victims for something so small... it took a crazy genius like Sam Stanley to find that letter on Teresa Banks. I wonder if BOB kept up his gruesome habit and has left letters on his victims over the years, but they've gone unnoticed?
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Wow, I didn't realize how much of the trailers we hadn't seen yet! I was just focused on the fact that every new character we met in the trailer was dead by the end of Part 2 :lol:
Dog Lady isn't dead! :lol: But I see what you mean.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

h2nho wrote:
Dog Lady isn't dead! :lol: But I see what you mean.
Good ol' Buela (spelling?) is still alive, too! At least, I hope she is and that Booper didn't torch that weird shack
KnewItsPa
Roadhouse Member

Post by KnewItsPa »

Where's Bens womanising gone to? Just old age? Finally found the right lady, offscreen somewhere? Sounds in the walls Josie trying to get out?
"Crack the code, solve the crime."
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

KnewItsPa wrote:Where's Bens womanising gone to? Just old age? Finally found the right lady, offscreen somewhere? Sounds in the walls Josie trying to get out?
I think he was moving in on Beverley at the end of their scene together.
counterpaul
RR Diner Member

Post by counterpaul »

This is funny. Yes, Beula and Marjorie Green (and Armstrong, of course) are still alive, but I have a strong feeling we'll never see them again. It seems that Lynch very strategically included absolutely no new characters in these trailers who appear after Parts 1-2.

No Dave or Constance; no Janey-E or Sonny Jim; no Becky or Steven; no Mr. Todd; no Beverly; no Frank or Maggie or Chad; no Richard Horne; no Red; no Mitchum Brothers; no Diane (of course) or Tammy.

Good ol' DKL: keeping his secrets even as he seems to be revealing things.