Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Coffee »

I think Audrey is going to wake Cooper... perhaps she sees him on TV and goes to him?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Nighthawk wrote:
Ragnell wrote:
Unless... When Cooper went into this catatonic state, it was right after he entered the world. Same time BadCoop had his car accident and upchucked his garmonbozia. Prior to that, Cooper was on the psychic plane acting as he normally does.
Cooper smashed his head into a mirror at the conclusion of season 2 after seeing Bob in the mirror. He never acted normal for what we know after Cooper or, more likely, his doppelganger got ejected from the Black Lodge. Unless this single instance of "crazy" was the only time anything odd happened to him. I doubt that though.
EvilCoop smashed his head into the mirror. GoodCoop was already in the lodge. Hence the "normal" behaviour before he went back through the electric outlet and became "DougieCoop".

Please don't mix up those various Coopers. :P
Nighthawk
RR Diner Member

Post by Nighthawk »

dronerstone wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:
Ragnell wrote:
Unless... When Cooper went into this catatonic state, it was right after he entered the world. Same time BadCoop had his car accident and upchucked his garmonbozia. Prior to that, Cooper was on the psychic plane acting as he normally does.
Cooper smashed his head into a mirror at the conclusion of season 2 after seeing Bob in the mirror. He never acted normal for what we know after Cooper or, more likely, his doppelganger got ejected from the Black Lodge. Unless this single instance of "crazy" was the only time anything odd happened to him. I doubt that though.
EvilCoop smashed his head into the mirror. GoodCoop was already in the lodge. Hence the "normal" behaviour before he went back through the electric outlet and became "DougieCoop".

Please don't mix up those various Coopers. :P
I am not mixing them up. At this point, we have no link between evil Coop, roaming out of the Lodge and Dougie Jones. For all we know so far, the personal continuity is still with the "bad" Coop. He's the one that appears "real" to the outside world as he emerged physically out of the Black Lodge. No one knows about Dougie bearing any semblance to FBI agent Dale Cooper.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Panapaok wrote:A probably controversial opinion. Chrysta Bell is not very good in this show but she's much better than Joan Chen ever was. :mrgreen:
Sure, but there wasn't apparently a giant Chen bandwagon for people to jump aboard.

I'm sure everyone has an actor or two they like for whatever reason even if the acting isn't amazing. Twin Peaks is full of these average to bad actors. Warren Frost was sometimes horrible. Sherilyn Fenn was often bad but boy, people love her style.

But the hate for Chrysta Bell is strange because she's just as good as any of these people. These Youtube posers need to stop ganging up on her and bullying her. Weak weak pathetic human beings.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

LiAnn wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
I originally thought it was Bobby's ring but notice she also has a wedding ring on her finger. I think it's probably Leo's. Maybe she found out he tried to save her life from Windom somehow?
Really? I never noticed she had a ring on her finger, too. What scene does it appear in?
No worries! I think I first saw it on her hand during the Shelly/Norma scene in part 5. Let me know if you find it!
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
Panapaok wrote:A probably controversial opinion. Chrysta Bell is not very good in this show but she's much better than Joan Chen ever was. :mrgreen:
Sure, but there wasn't apparently a giant Chen bandwagon for people to jump aboard.

I'm sure everyone has an actor or two they like for whatever reason even if the acting isn't amazing. Twin Peaks is full of these average to bad actors. Warren Frost was sometimes horrible. Sherilyn Fenn was often bad but boy, people love her style.

But the hate for Chrysta Bell is strange because she's just as good as any of these people. These Youtube posers need to stop ganging up on her and bullying her. Weak weak pathetic human beings.
I can only speak for myself in that I do not hate Chrysta Bell at all or really have any opinion on her as a person. It's just that, as a viewer watching her on a tv show, she can't actually act.

I've never had a problem with any of the actors acting in TP1 and TP2 apart from Bellina Logan who I also thought just couldn't act and Kenneth Welsh who actually could act but acted way over the top at times (even though I suspect he was directed to do that so is rather a moot point).
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

Will the GN key offer any indication where it was mailed from?
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Love Chrysta Bell/Agent Preston.

Even if you don't love her too, the hate and piling up on her is borderline bullying, and pretty disgusting, imo.

There are a couple of Youtube shows I'm considering quitting because of non-stop hate. So immature and many of the remarks remind me of high school sexism.
I genuinely don't understand the problem with Chrysta Bell? Although I'd never heard of her before this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Another thing just crossed my mind: Diane's boyfriend/significant other blows her a kiss almost like Cooper did in FWWM missing scene ("I see you moved a clock").

Finally, Diane's hair is silver and crescent like, that is telling as well.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Venus wrote:

I can only speak for myself in that I do not hate Chrysta Bell at all or really have any opinion on her as a person. It's just that, as a viewer watching her on a tv show, she can't actually act.

I've never had a problem with any of the actors acting in TP1 and TP2 apart from Bellina Logan who I also thought just couldn't act and Kenneth Welsh who actually could act but acted way over the top at times (even though I suspect he was directed to do that so is rather a moot point).
Why would you single out Bellina Logan. I think she had a total of two minutes of screen time? I thought she was funny.

I think the thing with Chrysta Bell is not so much her acting as her persona. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a bad actor, but he has a likable persona so people pay good money to go see his movies. There is something about Chrysta that turns a lot of people off.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by zeronumber »

Mallard wrote:
Taperecorder wrote:Did anyone else notice the music at the end? 'Sleep Walk' was slowly being interrupted by some sort of original music. WOW!
I did. Most effective use of music for the series so far, IMO. Also interesting to hear Laura's Theme playing while Andy was waiting on his meeting.
~!!!!!

At Sparkwood and 21
...no,doubt~

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Chen was very, very cheesy or "showy" at times in the show and a few in particular in the second season made me roll my eyes but I think she was just playing into the style also the character was suppose to come off like a helpless damsel in distress and kind of stupid when in reality she was a conniving criminal who would do whatever she could to survive. We didn't really get to see much of the real Josie unfortunately but I have a feeling Chen would have done better with it.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

mtwentz wrote:
Venus wrote:

Why would you single out Bellina Logan. I think she had a total of two minutes of screen time? I thought she was funny.

I think the thing with Chrysta Bell is not so much her acting as her persona. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a bad actor, but he has a likable persona so people pay good money to go see his movies. There is something about Chrysta that turns a lot of people off.
Bellina Logan because she stood out very clearly to me as not being able to act. That is how she came across to me in TP only. I've not seen her in anything else though I know she is due to appear in S3 again, unless I've missed her already.

I'm not turned off by Chrysta, all it is is that she can't act.

Luckily there are many accomplished actors in S3 who can which balance everything up.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
boske
Great Northern Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by boske »

zeronumber wrote:
Mallard wrote:
Taperecorder wrote:Did anyone else notice the music at the end? 'Sleep Walk' was slowly being interrupted by some sort of original music. WOW!
I did. Most effective use of music for the series so far, IMO. Also interesting to hear Laura's Theme playing while Andy was waiting on his meeting.
~!!!!!

At Sparkwood and 21
...no,doubt~

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Well, one could also argue that Cooper is still sleepwalking as Dougie. Furthemore, the designer drug name is sparkle. Both these have double meanings here.
RR Diner Member

Post by 4815162342 »

Josie's best scene was the blackmail head-to-head with Ben, that was the closest to the real Josie we saw. Although, as they speculate after her death, I'm not sure even she knew who the real Josie was at a certain point.