Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Rami Airola »

So, the "yrev very" was addressed by Cole.

It's not only that he said "very" backwards but he said the backwards word as the second word which, if counted with fingers, appears at the sacred... finger... or... something.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

opium wrote:
LateReg wrote:A lot of people seem to be taking Hayward at his word that Cooper was visiting Audrey, who was in a coma, but I took it that that was just what he presumed. I thought that that was just what he thought, but that really Cooper was there retrieving the ring. I could be wrong, but that's where my mind went. As for why Hayward didn't think he was visiting Annie, maybe it was because by that time Annie had already left the hospital. It could have been a few days after Coop emerged from the lodge.
I feel like, as a writer, this wouldn't make much sense to do. I think it's a very deliberate set-up, especially considering the expository nature of this Part in general.
I thought perhaps it killed two birds with one stone...giving us some of Cooper's whereabouts while also confirming Audrey was in a coma.
asquideatingdough
Roadhouse Member

Post by asquideatingdough »

Rami Airola wrote:So, the "yrev very" was addressed by Cole.

It's not only that he said "very" backwards but he said the backwards word as the second word which, if counted with fingers, appears at the sacred... finger... or... something.

Did Gordon also say 'yrev, irreversible'?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think they could have given the Audrey in a coma in some other exposition. It was meant to be a surprise and onimous that Cooper visited her.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

Just realized with Doc Hayward this was the Fathers Day episode... :cry: I was expecting the episode before the break to be huge now I know it will either be a slow paced episode with huge cliffhanger or extremely fast paced insanity that leaves you wanting more...I'm really thinking Dale will be back next week but if that's the ending I will lose it lol
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Audrey Horne wrote:I think they could have given the Audrey in a coma in some other exposition. It was meant to be a surprise and onimous that Cooper visited her.
Maybe I'm having trouble believing that even Evil Dale would have assaulted her in a coma since once I heard she was in a coma I immediately thought that meant he wasn't actually visiting her! Dark, dark stuff.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
I have always thought of the lodge as being unconstrained by earthly quantities such as time.
So do I. So by time travel I don't mean that Coop gets in a Delorian piloted by Doctor Who to travel back to the past and save the gang. I'm more implying that a place unconstrained by time might allow for someone to flow through a place that does run linear in any order they wish. And we have a suspicious guy asking to meet a police officer on a rural road and you wouldn't suspect SOMETHING might be up with that? I'm not saying I'm right but I'm not ludicrously wrong.
Andy was in full control of the situation. He suggested the place and time.
Ok, Andy is the one who mentions where to meet and the guy says in two hours. Sorry for simplifying too much. I admit that's my bad. But we never saw what Richard did with the truck other than to stop in that clearing of the last episode. So we don't know if this guy is involved or not in the drug trafficking and he obviously is terrified. So for all we know he could be used to set some sort of trap that doesn't materialize for an as yet unknown reason. And I'm sorry but meeting on a secluded curvy country road in a small town a whole 2 hours later is not exactly the brightest idea when dealing with a suspicious character you may suspect in a hit and run of a child. Especially when your suspect is saying "they can't talk now" And I'm not faulting the show for that. Andy was never the brightest. I'm not even asserting that the guy wouldn't keep his word. I'm just saying that 7 episodes into an 18 episode show with surrealist fantasy moments doesn't exclude the possibility. For Christ's sake there's a headless body of a 40-something-year-old man who died 25 years ago! I just don't understand you scoffing at the idea unless you're assuming I'm some naive fanboy who writes hackneyed fan fiction or believe that it's something I think will happen beyond a shadow of a doubt. Neither of which applies.
Last edited by trismegistus on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Couple things I wanted to point out

- Everyone thinks the Jerry scene was just comedic relief but could he actually now be missing in the woods? Maybe he turns up after paying a visit to the white lodge??
- The humming could be from Josie as they did pan into the wood but I took it more matter of fact that it was by two Native American artifacts and we know that the great northern is near or on an old Indian living space I believe? (From TSHOTP) Maybe it was the Indian spirits. I'd prefer it were Josie obviously just giving another outlook
- I definitely thought we'd recognize Beverly's? Husband. Didn't cross my mind that it could be Truman but I would've gone crazy with joy if it was. Something was definitely up with that...
- As much as I don't want Richard Horne to be Audrey's kid let alone Audrey and BadCoops tonight's episode really backed it up. Also an interesting theory.. BadCoop knew all of Coopers deepest desires I believe and I wouldn't be surprised if at different times he had feelings for Audrey and possibly Diane and couldn't act on them because he's an honorable man. But once BadCoop took over he let his inhibitions rise and enjoyed what he had craved.
- I really thought we were going to end with a eight minute shot of the kid sweeping the floor... :lol: Would've left a sour taste in my mouth but I'm glad we got to see a Rennut again. The actor said he did his scene in one take so I wonder if that's his only speaking scene?
- I finally had my first freaked out moment of the series with the jail cell guy coming back. That' was such an effin cool shot and what made it creepier was I had a feeling right away when we saw the blurry person in the background that it was more than just an extra and the building up of that moment was beautifully done.

Still no Audrey or Big Ed or more scenes with Bobby, James and Nadine but this was a real step forward in the Twin Peaks world. I just loved it!
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

What of the nurse who took the ring in the missing pieces? I bet BobCooper snatched it from her.

BTW on sootman's appearance: his approach was eerily similar to Jeffries' scene from FWWM.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:What of the nurse who took the ring in the missing pieces? I bet BobCooper snatched it from her.

BTW on sootman's appearance: his approach was eerily similar to Jeffries' scene from FWWM.
Yeah. That's what I'm getting at above. Maybe Bad Coop assaulted Audrey in a coma, but he probably also went there to get the ring, which is something Doc would know nothing about.
Last edited by LateReg on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

asquideatingdough wrote:
Rami Airola wrote:So, the "yrev very" was addressed by Cole.

Did Gordon also say 'yrev, irreversible'?
He said: "Yrev, the backwards word."

So:
Was Bad Coop's left ring finger the only finger that had reversed fingerprint?
The line he said had ten words ("I'm very very happy to see you again old friend") and the second word was reversed as "yrev", which, if you count the words with the fingers goes along with that left ring finger, which is the spiritual finger.
Last edited by Rami Airola on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Couple things I wanted to point out

- Everyone thinks the Jerry scene was just comedic relief but could he actually now be missing in the woods? Maybe he turns up after paying a visit to the white lodge??
- The humming could be from Josie as they did pan into the wood but I took it more matter of fact that it was by two Native American artifacts and we know that the great northern is near or on an old Indian living space I believe? (From TSHOTP) Maybe it was the Indian spirits. I'd prefer it were Josie obviously just giving another outlook
- I definitely thought we'd recognize Beverly's? Husband. Didn't cross my mind that it could be Truman but I would've gone crazy with joy if it was. Something was definitely up with that...
- As much as I don't want Richard Horne to be Audrey's kid let alone Audrey and BadCoops tonight's episode really backed it up. Also an interesting theory.. BadCoop knew all of Coopers deepest desires I believe and I wouldn't be surprised if at different times he had feelings for Audrey and possibly Diane and couldn't act on them because he's an honorable man. But once BadCoop took over he let his inhibitions rise and enjoyed what he had craved.
- I really thought we were going to end with a eight minute shot of the kid sweeping the floor... :lol: Would've left a sour taste in my mouth but I'm glad we got to see a Rennut again. The actor said he did his scene in one take so I wonder if that's his only speaking scene?
- I finally had my first freaked out moment of the series with the jail cell guy coming back. That' was such an effin cool shot and what made it creepier was I had a feeling right away when we saw the blurry person in the background that it was more than just an extra and the building up of that moment was beautifully done.

Still no Audrey or Big Ed or more scenes with Bobby, James and Nadine but this was a real step forward in the Twin Peaks world. I just loved it!
Really like the theory that DoppelCoop knows all of Coop's desires/secrets/vices. That would play into the series really well. I would assume Audrey didn't know it was Coop assuming the theory is true & she did become pregnant? Would she just have assumed it was JJW?
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:What of the nurse who took the ring in the missing pieces? I bet BobCooper snatched it from her.
Me too.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

LateReg wrote:

Yeah. That's what I'm getting at above. Maybe Bad Coop assaulted Audrey in a coma, but he definitely also went there to get the ring, which is something Doc would know nothing about.
Oh definitely. I don't know if we'll ever actually hear about the nurse, or how he got the ring. But for the die hards, I think that also makes sense. But I think the take away from this scene is to suspect that Audrey and Bad Cooper spawned Satan.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Fire-blog-with-me
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire-blog-with-me »

Oh also forgot to mention and haven't read the thread yet so don't know if anyone else mentioned it but

During the Ben and Beverly scene, my immediate thought was that the noise was Josie. And that ben knows this, perhaps because he's heard it and maybe communicated with her over the 25 years?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw people mentioned it. I really do hope we get a Josie appearance !
Last edited by Fire-blog-with-me on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.