Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kafa81
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by kafa81 »

Rhodes wrote:
kafa81 wrote:Just re-watched parts of part 6 again...yet another ... Bill? The nice fella driving Carl to town... Is this just Lynch and Frost messing with us? Because I think this is the 4th or 5th Bill character so far :?:
I wasn't aware that we had a single Bill in the show....
:D LMAO!

I believe there have been multiple people named Bill...Hastings, one of the officers at the prison where DoppelCoop is currently being held, this fella driving Carl...and there might be one or two more :wink:
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

State trooper Billy (hospitalized due to Coop's vomit), Bill Kennedy (Richard Chamberlain's character), Bill Shaker of Allied Chemicals.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

when the showtime recap trailer 'darknesa of future past' came out we speculated that the showtime people who made it were privy to the plot of season 3 and intentionally picked footage and dialogue that would be particularly relevant to season 3. rewatching it now, I believe there is an even stronger case for that. focuses on Laura's diary, laura's dream of whispering to coop in the red room, the one arm man, Bob using people as vehicles and feeding on fear, hawk explaining the black lodge to coop (there you will meet your shadow self), the jumping man (who is on the cast list), specifically including Jacoby and Cole's introductons, the white horse...
Last edited by dud on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

In terms of recurring names, it's also worth pointing out the rather unlikely name Candy popping up repeatedly: Candy Shaker (married to a Bill!), Amy Shiels's enigmatic Candie, and of course actor Candy Clark as Doris.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:In terms of recurring names, it's also worth pointing out the rather unlikely name Candy popping up repeatedly: Candy Shaker (married to a Bill!), Amy Shiels's enigmatic Candie, and of course actor Candy Clark as Doris.
Wow! Nice catch!
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

So the red square that appears to Duncan Todd -- too obvious a link to Red?

Moreover, is Red allied with Bad Coop or Agent "Jeffries"?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:So the red square that appears to Duncan Todd -- too obvious a link to Red?
Didn't think about it. Perhaps? But truly speaking, I have a feeling that this ominous person that Duncan Todd was referring to in the earlier part, it's someone of much bigger power... supernatural perhaps? In comparison to whom a guy like Red is just a local thug?
I was thinking that there is one powerful someone behind... don't really know behind what but one who is pulling a lot of strings.

--

On a sidenote: it's my first time reading anything (today's posts only) and posting in these major threads*, so I don't know the rules and habits here. But how about that:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:We should be able to simply analyze the story here. I don't care if people like it or dislike it: I want to talk about the form, style, and meaning of the story
Is there a rule that you don't express your opinions here or what? I understand that these gigantic 50+, 60+ or 90+ threads are for all different sorts of reactions and thoughts. Unless it's been arranged differently and I don't know.

* the reason for which is practical - I am unable to follow these threads as they evolve too quickly for me; I started posting in the Profoundly Disappointed Group because at times I was disappointed, at others I liked it and I see a place for myself there in both cases - and also because there so have far been 40+ pages about ALL the episodes and even that is difficult for me to follow.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

sylvia_north wrote:
sugarhigh wrote:
BigEd wrote:
Regarding the power pole. It's appearance in episode 6 is not clearly at the intersection. It is shown, but I don't think there is anything in the background. It may still be in its original location. Also, I don't believe the pole reflected in Richard's windshield was the same pole.
The power pole was filmed at the intersection at the end of the day. Pretty sure it's meant to be at the intersection and not at the old Fat Trout.
See? Just a block up. I agree it's meant to be at the intersection, too. Moved when old fat trout closed. Twin Peaks wikia suggests the new Fat Trout is the same fat trout just New and improved - renovated maybe, and the haunted pole got moved just a smidge/ so maybe that's why the geographic coordinates on it are still the same. Or maybe Carl is just remembering the six pole and new fat trout is elsewhere

Btw the manager sign was always on that sign. Both filming locations are 2 miles or less from Twedes/RR

http://www.intwinpeaks.com/2008/07/real ... r.html?m=1

And the word manager was always tacked on to the sign
Re: the pole move or not. I interpret the scene as suggesting that the "soul" that Carl saw rising to the electric lines may have then traveled through them to Pole 6, which may be some kind of a hub or portal for whatever has been going on in the electric lines. Remember TMFAP's "electricity" comment? :D
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I don't think there are any specific rules for posting in this thread. I simply think we have to move beyond endless pointless "discussion" of likes and dislikes. Not only does it clog up discussion and analysis of the story, but it's not even much of a real discussion -- people are just arguing their own aesthetic preferences, which they are unlikely to change, and that results in fights. "I like fast pacing." "I like slow pacing." Over and over. It's really not that interesting for people to express themselves in exactly the same way endlessly, and argue over it.

That's my opinion, but I do wish it was official policy here. There can be specific threads for expression of feelings vs analysis of story. There really is a difference, to those suggesting there isn't.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
marcus_w_

Post by marcus_w_ »

I heard in a Podcast that someone had zoomed in the "Diary pages" Hawk finds in the toilet-scene. And that it said something about Annie... Anyone who have seen that zoomed picture?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

marcus_w_ wrote:I heard in a Podcast that someone had zoomed in the "Diary pages" Hawk finds in the toilet-scene. And that it said something about Annie... Anyone who have seen that zoomed picture?

I think you will find it. we n this thread somewhere.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

I've watched the Red/Richard scene again and I can't tell if Red is supposed to have mystical powers or we're just seeing the scene from Richard's high off his ass pov.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

mtwentz wrote:
marcus_w_ wrote:I heard in a Podcast that someone had zoomed in the "Diary pages" Hawk finds in the toilet-scene. And that it said something about Annie... Anyone who have seen that zoomed picture?

I think you will find it. we n this thread somewhere.
After you get past the 10 pages of "likes/dislikes" of the series. :)
Wrz

Post by Wrz »

Here's the current high quality screengrab collage for perusal:

[Spoilered because it's a large image]

This is most likely from the Amazon release - which is the highest quality public version until the presumed Blu-ray release. Now, privately I'm sure there's a 4K ProRes studio master, but screengrabs from those often do not get shared.

But as a sidenote: Amazon - when it comes to TP:TR and any other show - has the nearest quality to Blu-ray in terms of streaming and 'digital download' providers. It outranks Showtime Anytime, Netflix, and Hulu.
Spoiler:
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

The only words legible say "I keep going over in my mind… Oh Annie". According to Reddit.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03