Parts 1 & 2 - My log has a message for you & The stars turn and a time presents itself (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Parts 1 + 2 (SPOILERS)

Post by krishnanspace »

Panapaok wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:TIL The woman who plays Ruth davenport is Lynch's wife
No. Emily Stofle is Lynch's wife. Mary Stofle playes Ruth Davenport.
But IMDB says its Emily,but she is credited as Mary.Goddamn these people are confusing
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

krishnanspace wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:TIL The woman who plays Ruth davenport is Lynch's wife
No. Emily Stofle is Lynch's wife. Mary Stofle playes Ruth Davenport.
But IMDB says its Emily,but she is credited as Mary.Goddamn these people are confusing
definitely looked like it could've been Emily but it's hard to tell with a hole through the fucking head
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

claaa7 wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Panapaok wrote:No. Emily Stofle is Lynch's wife. Mary Stofle playes Ruth Davenport.
definitely looked like it could've been Emily but it's hard to tell with a hole through the fucking head
Yes, agree, hard to tell with the gouged out eye, but it really doesn't look like Emily to me at all. See my picture above. Google Mary Stofle and you get the showtime background and picture. Looks a lot like Ruth. IMDB is wrong to "correct" the listing. It is someone other than Emily.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Anyone knows what track that is playing while DoppelCoop rides his car when we first see him...? Really slow and with kinda slurred, slowed-down vocals, even sorta "satanic" sounding, that has what sounds like gun blast samples (at least that's what first came to mind) for a rhythm track?
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

dronerstone wrote:Anyone knows what track that is playing while DoppelCoop rides his car when we first see him...? Really slow and with kinda slurred, slowed-down vocals, even sorta "satanic" sounding, that has what sounds like gun blast samples (at least that's what first came to mind) for a rhythm track?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsevMDc7-fo

And the regular version...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=58ozSIN_3Xk
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

In the credits for Part 1 Erica Eynon is credited as "Experiment model"... When does that character appear???? :shock:
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mibbler wrote:In the credits for Part 1 Erica Eynon is credited as "Experiment model"... When does that character appear???? :shock:
Presumably in the glass box in NYC.
NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

What was up with Laura 'removing' her face in the Red Room scene? What did that mean?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Parts 1 + 2 (SPOILERS)

Post by Panapaok »

NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:What was up with Laura 'removing' her face in the Red Room scene? What did that mean?
She said 'I am dead, yet I live'. I interpreted that as a way to show Cooper that there's still life in her.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Panapaok wrote:
NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:What was up with Laura 'removing' her face in the Red Room scene? What did that mean?
She said 'I am dead, yet I live'. I interpreted that as a way to show Cooper that there's still life in her.
Maybe she is filled with some energy
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Jasper wrote:
Mibbler wrote:In the credits for Part 1 Erica Eynon is credited as "Experiment model"... When does that character appear???? :shock:
She definitely looks better outside of Twin Peaks' world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

krishnanspace wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Maybe she is filled with some energy
"She's filled with secrets".
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Jasper wrote:
She definitely looks better outside of Twin Peaks' world.
:lol:
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

Panapaok wrote:
That line reminded me when some time ago in this forum we were speculating about the ending of this new season. I don't discard that, after doing something heroic, our beloved Coop may die. (Whatever "death" means in Twin Peaks universe...)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

perhaps to show Cooper that she had found the light, perhaps meaning The White Lodge, and that she was someone he could trust. i'm just sprouting ideas here but what I found really interesting is that the light reflecting on Cooper's face is done and lighted exactly as the light gracing Laura at the end of FWWM. and the way she talks about that scene in "Between Two Worlds" (damn there's so many pieces to gather information from, I LOVE IT) that's where she understood everything there and was filled with knowledge and complete acceptance leading to freedom and being one with everything. Cooper doesn't understand that White Light Laura is showing him yet...

btw, in the Missing Pieces Emily Stofle is credited as Emily Lynch so it is likely that she would be credited as such in any other new Lynch work, hence it not being her.