Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by Soolsma »

I can't imagine any TP fan would think of something else than an owl when first seeing that card.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:I can't imagine any TP fan would think of something else than an owl when first seeing that card.
Looked like a pig to me at first :D.The porks are not what they seem :D
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Perhaps the numbers 15 and 3 are intertwined, like day and night. The blind woman flips the switch and day turns to night, in other words, 15 changes to 3. The blind woman turns into a seeing one. Everything ends up mirrored and we enter the "Blue Rose". Something like this..
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

krishnanspace wrote:What has happened to Annie?The Book has omitted her,the show has made no mention of her.Even Heather Graham wanted to be in the new season.What happened to Annie?
The demon Retcon. :)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Agent Earle wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:What has happened to Annie?The Book has omitted her,the show has made no mention of her.Even Heather Graham wanted to be in the new season.What happened to Annie?
People waited 26 years to know the answer
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

krishnanspace wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
Maybe when Norma has a scene we will find out more. They were related right?
mine
Roadhouse Member

Post by mine »

Soolsma wrote:I can't imagine any TP fan would think of something else than an owl when first seeing that card.
The owls are what they don't seem?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mairzy wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
Maybe when Norma has a scene we will find out more. They were related right?
Based on Episode 29, I'm not certain that DKL is aware of this. :wink:
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I think Lynch has always felt that Laura should be center to the emotional drama of the show, particularly in regard to the Black Lodge. This makes Annie potentially a bit superfluous in his eyes.

Although Lynch did include her in Laura's dream in FWWM. I'm not sure she'll play a larger role than that: as a plot device for communicating information about Dale to Laura.

Also, I see people mentioning the Roadhouse over and over. But it's the Bang Bang Bar where our musical acts are taking place.

Lynch seems to have liked the visuals of the Bang Bang sign from FWWM more than the nostalgia of returning to the Roadhouse.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Also, I see people mentioning the Roadhouse over and over. But it's the Bang Bang Bar where our musical acts are taking place.

Lynch seems to have liked the visuals of the Bang Bang sign from FWWM more than the nostalgia of returning to the Roadhouse.
Huh? It's the same location. The official name/sign is the "Bang Bang Bar," the locals refer to it colloquially as the Roadhouse. And of course, the Bookhouse is next door.

Or are you implying that the two names for the place carry different connotations/moods?
Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Post by Zachary »

I found the "Cooper replaces Doug" house on Google Maps :lol:

This street view picture is from 2008, but the app on my phone has an image from 2013. This is in Palmdale, CA.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2 ... 118.008448
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 1.17.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 1.17.47 PM.png (421.16 KiB) Viewed 11232 times
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

Mark Frost was asked about this a couple times. "All will be revealed" seems to be his standard response.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Also, I see people mentioning the Roadhouse over and over. But it's the Bang Bang Bar where our musical acts are taking place.

Huh? It's the same location. The official name/sign is the "Bang Bang Bar," the locals refer to it colloquially as the Roadhouse. And of course, the Bookhouse is next door.

Or are you implying that the two names for the place carry different connotations/moods?
Thanks, that's news to me. In the pilot and S1 does the bar actually have the Bang Bang sign on display? If so, I never noticed. :P
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:

Thanks, that's news to me. In the pilot and S1 does the bar actually have the Bang Bang sign on display? If so, I never noticed. :P
I might be misremembering, but I believe the Pilot confusingly has an exterior of the Bookhouse before the first Roadhouse scene...however, it does later show the exterior with the "Bang Bang" sign on display, I believe. And the sign is definitely in Episode 14 (the iconic "puddle shot").
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

Sergey wrote:
StrangerDanger wrote:Wow that's a good one. What do you think it means, about the card, is that a Donnie Darko silhouette of an evil rabbit? Who is that crazy woman? Is the white powder on her table = drugs?
The cards and the pin are somehow connected to the evil rabbit card. Possibly the image of the evil rabbit is connected to this one :

https://pp.userapi.com/c837522/v8375227 ... nYAmc4.jpg

OK so we both think it might be an evil rabbit. However, l'm not sure what you're directing me to in the latest image you posted - the jewel Laura is wearing? That is kinda abstract, you see a rabbit in that?
I guess l can see it but l'm also seeing a mature adult Alien from the Aliens franchise heeh.

Seriously though, what culture is that jewel from? I recognise the 3 feather type things hanging from the bottom, is that native American Indian?

Actually l'm starting to see Genghis Khan:

Or his son Batu Khan:
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]