Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Audrey Horne wrote:Ha, I was just going to comment on Meg Foster after realizing who she played right now. She was one I was looking forward to as a potential new character. Well, at least there's still Jane Adams.
Assuming that was the ring on her finger (and I'm 90% certain it was), seems there's a good chance she could have a bigger role down the line.
RoddimusPrime

Post by RoddimusPrime »

I haven't seen any of this mentioned, hopefully I didn't miss it--- here's a possibly wild theory:

The headless John Doe in Ruth Davenport's apartment is Major Briggs. Buckhorn Police find a match on his fingerprints but it's blocked by the "Military". Furthermore, the Good Dale sees Major Briggs' disembodied head say "Blue Rose". According to Bobby, Agent Cooper was the last person to see Major Briggs alive before he died in his station (I believe this to be a reference to the listening station in the woods).

Principal Bill Hastings' assistant/secretary is named "Betty" and the Bad Coop is interested in getting information from her, specifically coordinates. Major Briggs' wife is named Betty, and we know Charlotte Stewart is in The Return. I believe she mentioned in an interview that her role is small but crucial.

Last bit, and the wildest speculation: the coordinates lead to Annie, whom the Bad Coop wants. Major Briggs was protecting her by completely removing any mention of her from the dossier (ie, Mark Frost's Secret History of Twin Peaks). I thought I recalled hearing Mark Frost suggest the dossier would appear in the series. Perhaps it'll be in Part 5, which is titled/described as "Case files." on the Showtime website. We've met Tamara Preston, after all.

Admittedly, I stayed up until 3am last night to view all 4 hours and then rewatched them all this morning (at work. no less) so I may be suffering mental exhaustion.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

RoddimusPrime wrote:I haven't seen any of this mentioned, hopefully I didn't miss it--- here's a possibly wild theory:

The headless John Doe in Ruth Davenport's apartment is Major Briggs. Buckhorn Police find a match on his fingerprints but it's blocked by the "Military". Furthermore, the Good Dale sees Major Briggs' disembodied head say "Blue Rose". According to Bobby, Agent Cooper was the last person to see Major Briggs alive before he died in his station (I believe this to be a reference to the listening station in the woods).

Principal Bill Hastings' assistant/secretary is named "Betty" and the Bad Coop is interested in getting information from her, specifically coordinates. Major Briggs' wife is named Betty, and we know Charlotte Stewart is in The Return. I believe she mentioned in an interview that her role is small but crucial.

Last bit, and the wildest speculation: the coordinates lead to Annie, whom the Bad Coop wants. Major Briggs was protecting her by completely removing any mention of her from the dossier (ie, Mark Frost's Secret History of Twin Peaks). I thought I recalled hearing Mark Frost suggest the dossier would appear in the series. Perhaps it'll be in Part 5, which is titled/described as "Case files." on the Showtime website. We've met Tamara Preston, after all.

Admittedly, I stayed up until 3am last night to view all 4 hours and then rewatched them all this morning (at work. no less) so I may be suffering mental exhaustion.
interesting theory, but Bobby said Briggs died the day after Coop visited him 25 years prior, so I doubt that's his body.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Did Dougie Jones have the ring on his finger when his arm went numb? Before he went into the lodge?
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

More. Sarah. Please.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Audrey Horne wrote:Did Dougie Jones have the ring on his finger when his arm went numb? Before he went into the lodge?
I believe so.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:More. Sarah. Please.
Yessssss. I'm sure we'll be seeing her more.
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

BEARisonFord wrote:
RoddimusPrime wrote:interesting theory, but Bobby said Briggs died the day after Coop visited him 25 years prior, so I doubt that's his body.
I figured that, with Don Davis's death, the chances of his character being alive during the time of Season 3 were slim. But it was still sad to hear that he had died immediately after the final episode. Think of all that death the small town saw in less than 5 weeks time: Laura, Maddy, Leland, Josie, Pete, Andrew, all three Renault brothers, possibly Leo, possibly Annie, and now, Major Briggs.
ozziejohn
Roadhouse Member

Post by ozziejohn »

Manwith wrote:
happyrat98 wrote:the real Dale returns to reality, but he is not whole because the real doppelganger still exists
I figure the real Dale is a drooling person because he's spent 25 years in surreal gibberish land. The real world is now just as nonsensical to him as the lodge. He needs some time for his brain to re-adjust to the real material world where things like cause and effect make sense.
^This
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Funniest line in the show so far happens in Part 4: "I"m gonna go talk to my pine cone." :lol:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

mtwentz wrote:
Ross wrote: How did you watch it? Believe it or not, I found watching on my PC with my headphones and my glass of wine enhanced the experience.
We enjoyed a glass or two (or three) of wine as well. It totally enhanced it. Last night felt like an event. My partner and I even dressed nicely for it!
-
As above, so below.
-
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

"I'll chew on that."
"Pinnochio's friend."
"I'll have a word with my pine cone."

Chad outAlberted Albert.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
arfredo

Post by arfredo »

The first half of the third episode is absolutely gorgeous.

The only part of the series thus far that I'm not wildly enjoying is the one with Dougie.

Philip Jeffries seems to be a very important character in Season 3. I'll be very surprised if we don't see (or at least hear) Bowie during the season.

Cashier's ring:

I believe the cashier's ring is not supposed to be related with the Owl Cave Ring at all (form, shape and design are fairly different, I think)
lotjx2
Roadhouse Member

Post by lotjx2 »

New to the forums. I really loved this thing so far. They did a nice job of hiding things from the fans like how Cooper looks like as Evil Cooper. After episode 4, I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel as far as understanding what is going on. I kinda think the second John Doe maybe whatever was in the box. I feel like Evil Cooper is behind the box. I am not sure who is the Las Vegas boss that is trying to kill Dougie. I was a bit annoyed that no one thought to get Dougie to a doctor. I am hoping the coffee will get him back to at least being sorta normal. I am not sure I can take more episodes of Forest Cooper. I do like how the marketing showed all the young pretty cast and now most of them are dead. Good job on that.
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

I think this quote from David Bianculli (NPR's Fresh Air TV critic) sums up how I am feeling at the moment:

"Sometimes this new Twin Peaks almost seems like a parody of itself. Other times, it just feels wrong, with scenes that could have been written more solidly or eliminated entirely. But then there are times, in all four of these opening hours, when this new show feels so right, so dreamlike, so ... so very Twin Peaks. I think I have to come back when this entire narrative is over to discuss whether this new Twin Peaks is a success. But for now, I'm very happy to do what I suggest you do, as well: Watch the box and see if anything really special appears inside."
-
As above, so below.
-