the Missing Pieces

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: the Missing Pieces

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Lucy definitely seems to be based almost as much on the version of the character in the Missing Pieces as anything in the preceding 30 episodes! Especially with the phone thing.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

LostInTheMovies wrote:Lucy definitely seems to be based almost as much on the version of the character in the Missing Pieces as anything in the preceding 30 episodes! Especially with the phone thing.
i just rewatched the series deleted scenes on the Entire Mystery Blu-Ray and noticed the extended scene in which Truman tells Cooper that he can get a good rate up at The Great Northern. in the extended version we find out that Lucy's been listening all the while and is already up on it, she then goes on to tell that Josie called and that it's probably only racoons and not a prowler, Truman heads out while she is starting to tell about her Grandmother and the racoons... the scene fades to black right there but we can only imagine that she soon will see Sheriff Truman and be very suprised :)

so it's actually very consistent from day 1!
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

i liked the Scenes in Buenos Aires. I hope S3 will give us more about what happened in the "big apple".
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

The extended scene above the store, more shots of power lines, entire Philip Jeffries sequence, they all seem to have impact with scenes in the new series. That's what I was getting at. To me, that means that the missing pieces are not only canon, but they're integral.

I'd also like to note that the scene where Doc Hayward gives Laura the message about the angels returning made me strangely emotional. I wish it had been left in the movie, it would have added a little more weight to Laura's tears of joy at the end. (One of the most cathartic scenes I've ever seen in a movie theater).
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

Just a quick question about the Missing Pieces set. Amazon has two versions for sale. One is "Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery" and the other is "Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces" One set looks to be 9 discs and the other 10 discs. I bought the 9 disc set before noticing there was a 10 disc version. What is the difference between the 2? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

EDIT: Apologies. I see this has been discussed elsewhere in the forum.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

watching the missing pieces again
the convenience store scene should have NEVER been edited including Phillip Jeffries
Laura's possession on the stairs also should not have been edited
and Doc Hayward's angel speech should have remained

three major flaws in my mind

i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

and who the hell approved that donna eyebrow on Moira for this sceneImage

i know i know
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

wAtChLaR wrote:watching the missing pieces again
the convenience store scene should have NEVER been edited including Phillip Jeffries

No sane person would argue with that.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Post by zeronumber »

Concurrence!

The possesion scene on stairs is Lynch's Magnum Opus !

Doc Hayward redeems !

JEFFRIES!!!!

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Absolutely. There are many parts in the Missing Pieces that I cherish (especially Ed & Norma's scene in the car), but those are the 3 are essential.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Snailhead wrote:

Absolutely. There are many parts in the Missing Pieces that I cherish (especially Ed & Norma's scene in the car), but those are the 3 are essential.
i love them all...sans the josie packard ...superfluous that convenience store scene should have NEVER been edited down...huge mistake

i know i know
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

wAtChLaR wrote:
Snailhead wrote:

i love them all...sans the josie packard ...superfluous that convenience store scene should have NEVER been edited down...huge mistake
The "Josie" scene is a treat because it let us see the late Jack Nance and Ed Wright one more time. Certainly not something that would have fit into the movie, but it's a charming scene, and it made me so happy to see those two guys alive and playing off of each other. It's honestly one of my favorite parts of TMP.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
The "Josie" scene is a treat because it let us see the late Jack Nance and Ed Wright one more time. Certainly not something that would have fit into the movie, but it's a charming scene, and it made me so happy to see those two guys alive and playing off of each other. It's honestly one of my favorite parts of TMP.
this is absolutely true...i stand corrected

i know i know
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I kind of hated the Josie scene the first time I watched the Missing Pieces, but I really like it now. Why Lynch and Engels wrote & shot that scene for the film in the first place is mind boggling - I'd have much preferred a scene with Laura doing an English lesson with Josie.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Snailhead wrote:I kind of hated the Josie scene the first time I watched the Missing Pieces, but I really like it now. Why Lynch and Engels wrote & shot that scene for the film in the first place is mind boggling - I'd have much preferred a scene with Laura doing an English lesson with Josie.
It wasn't in the script. DKL came up with it during shooting. The script had completely different scenes featuring Pete and Josie (not in the same scene) which DKL seemingly decided not to shoot at all.