R.I.P. Don S Davis - Major Briggs

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

R.I.P. Don S Davis - Major Briggs

Post by KahlanMnel »

In case you have not yet heard, Don S. Davis passed away yesterday at the age of 65 due to a massive heart attack. His widow Ruby sent out e-mails informing friends and fans, and Stargate fansite Gateworld put together a nice short piece on Don. Click here to read.
"It's good to want things..."
Dr. Jacoby
Roadhouse Member

Re: R.I.P. Don S Davis - Major Briggs

Post by Dr. Jacoby »

Truely a sad day :( :( :( . I was hoping to attend one of the future twin peaks festivals and I heard Don many times volunteered to appear at many gatherings. I am sad to know that I will never meet him. His memory will remain true. R.I.P Major Briggs.
The word linkage reminds me of sausages, didn't care much for the links... prefered the patties.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Don was truly one of the great spirits of Twin Peaks and the Festival. He was really looking forward to attending this year because he always enjoyed the experience and the fans and he had so many wonderful things to say about Peaks and the Peaks community. I'm so so sorry that so many fans will miss out on getting to know him. He was too damn young to go.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Damn.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
motoko
Roadhouse Member

Post by motoko »

A truly great actor who will be sorely missed. I'm always saddened when another TP alumni passes away. The world will be a little less joyful without Mr. Davis' presence. I would like to think he's either in the White Lodge or his son's palazzo. :wink:
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Oh God! I've always loved him.

Sending a prayer to his family and loved ones.

A really great actor, always refreshing to watch. You've touched my life, Major Briggs.

Nothing but respect and sadness from me.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

heartbreaking, i loved so many scenes he was in. RIP.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

You will be missed Don.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

It's so odd, I've had a great many favorite celebrities pass away over the years, and while their deaths have saddened me, for some reason Don's has hit me really hard. I think perhaps because he's one of the few celebrities I've ever had a chance to meet, and I know what a good person he really was. He was so humble about his celebrity status, always saying how lucky he was to be able to do these things he enjoys. He had a very warm, friendly personality and that great voice of his. He could make you feel right at ease within moments of meeting him.

I remember my first time ever meeting him at the '99 festival. I was so nervous meeting the celebrities still...I stepped up to introduce myself and ask for an autograph and while he was signing my book, I told him that I'd been enjoying his work on Stargate, which had only been out for, what, a year? He was genuinely pleased that I even watched the show, and I mentioned to him how I used to have a crush on Richard Dean Anderson during his MacGuyver years, and Don launched into this glowing description of RDA and how he was so happy to be working with such a great guy. I came away from the experience just absolutely ecstatic. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to Don. I mentioned to him several years later at another TP Fest how I credited him with putting me at ease with celebrities, and he laughed that deep chuckle of his and said he was glad to have helped. :)
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Found out this morning - been meaning to post here since. I'm devastated. :( I always hoped to meet him once day considering he was a regular attendee of the Fest - he seemed like such a pleasant gent when I saw him interviewed. And probably more then any actor on the series, he came across as his character, with all the intelligence and kind nature that Major Briggs had. Farewell Don, you will always be missed.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Kraps

Post by Kraps »

BRIGGS
I will return. Until that time, I will be in the shadows if
you need me. Good day, gentlemen.

TRUMAN
The shadows?... Can you beat that.

COOPER
Nope.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

How sad. RIP, Don :cry:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Such sad news.

The scene in the 2nd season premiere when Briggs tells Bobby his dream of the future is one of the series' best moments.

I had the honor of meeting Don the year I went to the fest.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
joey m

Post by joey m »

"This of course, leads to stalemate."
Awesome, Don.
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

Ross wrote:Such sad news.

The scene in the 2nd season premiere when Briggs tells Bobby his dream of the future is one of the series' best moments.

I had the honor of meeting Don the year I went to the fest.
how sad, i only just learned of the news. and immediately i thought of the scene between him and bobby, just as you mentioned. and these lines in particular.
to bobby:
briggs: "i wish you nothing but the very best in all things"
then an aside to hank:
major? how was the pie?
"exceptional, as always."
as always, indeed mr. davis. exceptional.