R.I.P. Don S Davis - Major Briggs

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Re: R.I.P. Don S Davis - Major Briggs

Post by Evenreven »

Sad news. A good actor and he seemed like such a nice man. I too hope he's resting comfortably in his palazzo right now.

Cool story, Kahlanmnel, thanks for sharing.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
b1chvj39

Post by b1chvj39 »

He was so great as Major Briggs!!! I think I'll watch Twin Peaks tonight to celebrate his life!!! R.I.P. Don Davis, you will be missed!!!
What we do in Life, Echoes in Eternity!!!

Gladiator - 2000
guest315
Roadhouse Member

Post by guest315 »

Last edited by guest315 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
fullofsecrets

Post by fullofsecrets »

I am truly shocked and saddened by this news. Major Briggs was one of my very favorite characters on the show, and Don S. Davis was one of the actors I most hoped to meet. I don't truck much with actors, preferring generally to simply enjoy them in their roles, but I always heard from so many people what a nice man he was, and how kind he was to his fans, often going above and beyond the call of duty to reach out to them.

I really regret not going to Dragon*Con the year he was there. I always figured that I'd instead meet him in a Twin Peaks-specific setting ... each year, I promised myself I'd make it out to the TP festival, and each year, there was a reason not to do so - we'd just bought a house, gas prices were too high, etc., etc. Now, I will never have the chance to thank him for his wonderful portrayal and say how much I've enjoyed his work over the years. 65 is so young.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to his family. He will be truly missed.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I just heard now! Oh God. Such sad news. A great actor. And another TP cast member who has passed. Rest in peace, Don.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.