Twin Peaks on You Tube

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on You Tube

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jude wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Swedish documentary:

Hoo boy, those automatically-generated English subtitles are useless! I hope somebody who speaks Swedish can get on a translation. Same goes for the Japanese videos I posted on another thread.
Swedish is not my first or even second language, but probably the third one (I'm from Finland, near Sweden). As it happens I have just started to learn basic Swedish again in my University so translating this to English is a good practise for me. I think I'll have at least a passable English translation for you ready in a week or two, it won't be 100% perfect but with that you'll get a much better sense of what the host is speaking (I agree that those auto-english subtitles are horrible :P ).
Awesome! Any chance you speak Japanese too? ;)
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

Alright, I've got my English translation ready and I posted it in the comments section (it's not 100% perfect but almost, and sorry for my weak-ish English too :P): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLF6j3E ... zwp2qtuc0k
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Jude wrote:

Alright, I've got my English translation ready and I posted it in the comments section (it's not 100% perfect but almost, and sorry for my weak-ish English too :P): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLF6j3E ... zwp2qtuc0k
Awesome! I can't wait to use it. Thanks...
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Thanks for the translation. Enjoyed watching this, but that "David Lynch-left-to-direct-Wild at Heart" myth is just never going to die is it? :roll:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Is this any way to meet girls?

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

White Queen. Black Lodge. Red Room.

AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Oh my god!!! You found that. I remember being so excited seeing that, and waiting anxiously with the VCR ready to tape it, but could never catch it again. Couldn't wait for that Saturday night to arrive.

Now I want the one where the killer is revealed. All I remember is Audrey walking in from the door in the sheriffs station with a voice over like, " where all will be revealed." And then Nadine breaking the sundae glass saying, "I can hardly wait."
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I wasn't even really looking - just got curious to see if I could find any outlier promos from late '90/early '91 that I hadn't seen before. I found that massive video and thought I'd take a look. The time matched up so I was especially curious.

I think I watched the first hour of the finale that night as a kid - I have vague memories of Miss Twin Peaks and the strobes. I was still very, very frightened of all things BOB and I had a feeling he was on his way so I skipped out on hour 2 til I was older. (I also don't think I knew it had been cancelled.) My mother described the entire thing to me the next day in bemused but elaborate detail.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Sorry, I meant about the One Eyed Jacks rescue... It was my favorite of the commercials and loved it the ONE time I caught it.

Arghhh. Your video isn't playing for me.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Strange. No problem on this end.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Made a playlist a while back of Twin Peaks videos from the 1990-92 era; I think there may bea thread somewhere for it. Figured it would make sense to share it here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIHl ... HHhz8T1Ucp

Looks like it might be time for me to update!
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

All these videos are great. thank you very much for reporting them.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."