Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by Asterisk »

Playing catch-up a little here, so I may be asking something already discussed, sorry, but what's with the low-quality image at the start of the Audrey/Windom library scene in ep.25? Anyone know? Thanks.

Also, are there other similar instances? Weird to ask, but I've had to jump in on this disc to ensure it plays okay. (It arrived in less than great condition.)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Asterisk wrote:Playing catch-up a little here, so I may be asking something already discussed, sorry, but what's with the low-quality image at the start of the Audrey/Windom library scene in ep.25? Anyone know? Thanks.

Also, are there other similar instances? Weird to ask, but I've had to jump in on this disc to ensure it plays okay. (It arrived in less than great condition.)
A few negatives could not be found for restoration, so they had to remain in SD quality.
Here's a full list of scenes:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2564
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Asterisk wrote:Playing catch-up a little here, so I may be asking something already discussed, sorry, but what's with the low-quality image at the start of the Audrey/Windom library scene in ep.25? Anyone know? Thanks.

A few negatives could not be found for restoration, so they had to remain in SD quality.
Here's a full list of scenes:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2564
Thanks, Agent Sam. Can't believe I missed that thread. If I was being cynical, I might suggest it makes a good opportunity for yet another set to be released in the future, when those missing negs suddenly are found... :shock:
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

JumpWithSigm&Phi wrote:Does any one else find the Don Davis interview (in the post cards segment on disc 6) to be touching? It make me sad watching it, he seemed to be such a kind person. And Richard Beymer Story... I would pay a fortune to see that video seriously :mrgreen: And Al Strobel near death experience.
You just listed my 3 favorite "postcards"! Absolutely loved those bits.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

jmichael wrote:
AKI wrote:I don't know what this church mean in film.
There's nothing to understand. In the script, the church shot was going to be used to establish that it was now Sunday.

It's just a little establishing shot that he kept in for the missing pieces. Sort of odd that we got that and not, say Laura's next door neighbor comforting her or the extension of the Albert/Cooper scene, but it's nice to have.
I like it too because it kind of establishes/emphasizes that calm feel to Twin Peaks in the last week of Laura's life, before the lid gets torn off everything.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

dugpa wrote:I'm glad to finally get the footage out and hope you all enjoy it. It was made for the hardcore fans that wanted to get that extra insight from some of the folks that have never spoken about the film before.
From what I gather, it also works really for newcomers, curious to find out more about the film. Great work on the documentary!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

LostInTheMovies wrote:
JumpWithSigm&Phi wrote:Does any one else find the Don Davis interview (in the post cards segment on disc 6) to be touching? It make me sad watching it, he seemed to be such a kind person. And Richard Beymer Story... I would pay a fortune to see that video seriously :mrgreen: And Al Strobel near death experience.
It is sad seeing Don Davis. I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly in 1999 at the TP fest. And he was one of the nicest people in the world.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:
It is sad seeing Don Davis. I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly in 1999 at the TP fest. And he was one of the nicest people in the world.
It's a very touching bit. I'm not the biggest fan of post-Laura season 2, but I love that Maj. Briggs assumed more of a role in the show (although nothing tops his monologue in the season 2 premiere). Such a cool character, and you can tell a lot of the actor went into it.

I also love the clip of Davis very calmly relating an anecdote about farting at a PA. Hilarious, especially his last line (something to the effect of, "It was like losing a friend"). It's not in the Postcards, but was on the character web in the original s2 DVD. Can't remember how it's characterized on the blu-ray but I saw it was on there. Great stuff.
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

Does anybody know, where can I find the alternate flashback scene of Laura and James and the short scene, which shows the doppelgangers of BOB and LMFAP in the Entire Mystery release as separate deleted scenes? Both scenes look perfectly remastered in the atmospherics.
I've just finished rewatching the series, looked into the extras, but haven't managed to find them in the special features. Were they included in this box at all? A simple teasing wouldn't make much sense...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

nemo wrote:Does anybody know, where can I find the alternate flashback scene of Laura and James and the short scene, which shows the doppelgangers of BOB and LMFAP in the Entire Mystery release as separate deleted scenes? Both scenes look perfectly remastered in the atmospherics.
I've just finished rewatching the series, looked into the extras, but haven't managed to find them in the special features. Were they included in this box at all? A simple teasing wouldn't make much sense...
Unless they are easter eggs somewhere, they are NOT on the set outside of the atmospherics. Which makes no sense, especially when half the screen/picture is cropped out on the Atmospherics to fit the screen. At least let us see the full picture of these lost scenes somewhere!!!! They should be included in the deleted scene section. No idea why they aren't.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

I've opened up a new thread for this question, but I'll post it here as well since this topic gets the most action. Is there a production schedule for Fire Walk With Me available anywhere online? I've read the official shooting diary on this site, but would love to know in what order ALL the scenes (or at least all the locations) were shot, especially since Lynch was adding new material along the way.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Silly question here - When the shows first aired, did the "Next on" segments air after the full closing credits like on the blu-ray? The placement seems odd to me, I would think they would've aired before the closing credits.

Also, when the Log Lady intros aired on Bravo, did they air before the "Previously on" segments as presented?
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

vicksvapor77 wrote:Also, when the Log Lady intros aired on Bravo, did they air before the "Previously on" segments as presented?
^This. I'm wondering if they played the "Previously on" segments at all on Bravo (they don't on the Gold Box). I'm doing a marathon soon and planning to watch both the LL intros & Previously/next bumps and wondering how they flow best (though I don't know if you can really control the order on the blu-ray anyway...)
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

LostInTheMovies wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Also, when the Log Lady intros aired on Bravo, did they air before the "Previously on" segments as presented?
^This. I'm wondering if they played the "Previously on" segments at all on Bravo (they don't on the Gold Box). I'm doing a marathon soon and planning to watch both the LL intros & Previously/next bumps and wondering how they flow best (though I don't know if you can really control the order on the blu-ray anyway...)
Yeah, you can't control the order unfortunately.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

LostInTheMovies wrote:
On Bravo, the Log Lady intros came first, then they played the "Previously On". I'm pretty sure they did not use the "Next on Twin Peaks" parts on Bravo.