Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JumpWithSigm&Phi

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by JumpWithSigm&Phi »

Why is there no interview of Michael Ontkeans? I think he is the only one that completely out of all the interviews of the cast.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

JumpWithSigm&Phi wrote:Why is there no interview of Michael Ontkeans? I think he is the only one that completely out of all the interviews of the cast.
Never saw Harry Goaz or Lara Flynn Boyle talking about it as well. After the show ended of course.
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

There's more people I would love to hear from. Eric DaRe and Frank Silva comes to mind...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

From what I've heard, Goaz and Ontkean enjoyed their time on TP, but are pretty private guys and generally decline to be inteviewed or talk about TP. Brad Dukes did get Ontkean for his book however.

LFB on the other hand, as we all know, shut the door on TP the day it was cancelled. Never to look back.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote:From what I've heard, Goaz and Ontkean enjoyed their time on TP, but are pretty private guys and generally decline to be inteviewed or talk about TP. Brad Dukes did get Ontkean for his book however.

LFB on the other hand, as we all know, shut the door on TP the day it was cancelled. Never to look back.
They're not acting anymore right?
Although I did see Ontkean making a cameo on The Descendants. Quite a nice surprise.
Never heard of Goaz anymore. Or Eric DaRe.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Hey- look at this. They digitally removed the visible boom mike in ep 20!!
screenshot_01.jpg
screenshot_01.jpg (121.3 KiB) Viewed 9334 times
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Ross wrote:Hey- look at this. They digitally removed the visible boom mike in ep 20!!
screenshot_01.jpg
I was just wondering yesterday if they removed that! Great that they did!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

jlyon1515 wrote:
Ross wrote:Hey- look at this. They digitally removed the visible boom mike in ep 20!!
screenshot_01.jpg
I know right?? I see people complaining on other sites about some things still being in SD. But as we know they really tried and those instances couldn't be helped as elements were lost. This right here shows their attention to detail!

Was that the only boom visible in the series? Its the only one I was aware of. But there may have been others.
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

I remember seeing one (mic boom) during the court hearing for Leland.
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

worthit wrote:There's more people I would love to hear from. Eric DaRe and Frank Silva comes to mind...

Frank Silva died in 1995. And from what I understand, Eric Da Re is completely MIA these days. Brad Dukes, who wrote the new book Reflections (all about TP) said that all attempts to reach Eric Da Re and Everett McGill failed.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

I am wondering why not all the recap from season 2 are in HD bluray quality...anyone noticed?
Roomservice...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

piero wrote:I am wondering why not all the recap from season 2 are in HD bluray quality...anyone noticed?
Really? The specs said all recaps were in HD.
Negatives probably gone then.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

jlyon1515 wrote:
screenshot_01.jpg
There are about 30 or so upgrades to the Blu. Every possible shot where negative could be found was restored and replaced. Some shots that were inadvertently changed with the Gold Box release (when negative could be located) were restored back to the the original version.

The Episode 8 "Donuts" pan while Cooper and Albert discuss Laura's final moments was unfortunately the one shot that was the most heartbreaking not to find as it is almost 2 minutes in length. I personally spent many weekends towards the end of the project trying to help CBS find that footage. Sadly it is lost for good.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

dugpa wrote: The Episode 8 "Donuts" pan while Cooper and Albert discuss Laura's final moments was unfortunately the one shot that was the most heartbreaking not to find as it is almost 2 minutes in length. I personally spent many weekends towards the end of the project trying to help CBS find that footage. Sadly it is lost for good.
I was pretty bummed this one couldn't be found as it's one of my favorite moments.
But you guys did a terrific job. Everyone keeps talking how they never saw TP like this :)
Tober27

Post by Tober27 »

Finally got mine shipped from overseas.
When I first looked through it there appeared to be no "Fire Walk With Me" note. On closer inspection I found it had become stuck in the spine and could be seen when the pages were all spread wide. I then had to delicately extract it with a pair of tweezers. Seemed fitting.