Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I just checked the scene in the pilot and the scene in FWWM and yes, it's definitely not the same kitchen.
So they shot in the interior of the house they used for exterior shots in the show.
This really does seem to be the case, as Josh, Jared & Charles (of In Twin Peaks) have all heard this.

The thought process seems weird though, since:

A. The interiors for the pilot were NOT filmed in this house. Which would make FWWM the first time they shot there.
B. Since they went to the trouble of filming in the actual house used in the series, why not shoot a new establishing shot there?

Since this house is in WA, I wonder if the exterior was chosen as the Briggs house during the pilot, and then not shown. And later used for the series?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mwbrindley

Post by mwbrindley »

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I'm assuming everyone found the hidden surprise in the very back of the box, after you flip through all the discs?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Laura's last line of the Hayward scene, when she turns back on the sidewalk is amazing. Just might be Sheryl Lee's best moment as Laura in my opinion.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote:Laura's last line of the Hayward scene, when she turns back on the sidewalk is amazing. Just might be Sheryl Lee's best moment as Laura in my opinion.
YES!!!!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:Laura's last line of the Hayward scene, when she turns back on the sidewalk is amazing. Just might be Sheryl Lee's best moment as Laura in my opinion.
What does she mean by "I'm the muffin?"
When you call someone a muffin, doesn't mean the person is cute?
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

I loved that whole scene but the line delivery was just perfect.

As for what the "muffin" means, it's admittedly a little baffling but I think it's like Louis Armstrong said about jazz, "If you gotta ask, you'll never know..."
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Sorry if I already asked this, but... am I the only one who can't really hear the monkey say JUDY anymore in FWWM? That was really high in the mix on my DVD, and I really can't make it out at all on the Bluray.

Maybe I need a better sound system!
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

The audios been remixed by Lynch to represent its original theatrical run so maybe thats why. Or if you're using the 7.1 track on a regular setup you might get better clarity switching to the 2.0 track.
LostInTheMovies wrote:
As for what the "muffin" means, it's admittedly a little baffling but I think it's like Louis Armstrong said about jazz, "If you gotta ask, you'll never know..."
Well in this movie a muffin has 7 whole huckleberries in them and get picked clean. You read that however you want :P
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

bosguy1981 wrote:Sorry if I already asked this, but... am I the only one who can't really hear the monkey say JUDY anymore in FWWM? That was really high in the mix on my DVD, and I really can't make it out at all on the Bluray.

Maybe I need a better sound system!
Both Partyland scenes and Judy at end of the film were significantly louder on the New Line disc. For the new mix, Lynch matched the original theatrical mix in which you should barely be able to hear both dialogue tracks.
CooperDog

Post by CooperDog »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:After the amazing line "de shit it come out of my ass," what else does the bellhop scream at Jeffries at the end of that scene? I can't quite make it out.
ARE YOU THE MAN??
I believe he is saying "Ayudame" or "help me" in Spanish.
cinemartin

Post by cinemartin »

For what it's worth, when I saw the film theatrically I distinctly heard the monkey say Judy. Lynch likes his soundtracks loud - you may need to turn it up!

I also wanted to drop by and sing my praises for a very minor, but most welcome, addition. Not sure who was responsible for it, but I very much appreciate the "To be continued" title card being inserted back into Episode 7. I haven't seen it in a long time and I always noticed it missing from the Gold Box, so I'm very pleased to have it back.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

CooperDog wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:After the amazing line "de shit it come out of my ass," what else does the bellhop scream at Jeffries at the end of that scene? I can't quite make it out.
ARE YOU THE MAN??
I believe he is saying "Ayudame" or "help me" in Spanish.
Yes. He says "ayuadame" (spanish) or "aiutami" (italian with US accent)! One of these!
Roomservice...
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

I Really liked all the deleted scenes. It was amazing to see them after years and years of picturing them on my head. Of all the spinets, my favorite sequence was the Philip Jeffries since it expanded the mythology. After all, this was the only scene filmed outside Twin Peaks and Deer Meadow. What was in that letter? And whats the Bueno Aires connection? (Also, have you noticed the blooper in that scene? He never left the elevator, since you can see Philip´s red shoes in the curtain for some seconds before he starts walking towards the reception.) Anyway, amazing scene. I also enjoyed the fighting between Cable and Chet, despite i think it drags a little bit.

Watching this was like watching a long lost twin peaks episode.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

I thought the juxtaposition between the lovely, bittersweet, and funny scene with Big Ed and Norma in the truck; and the Laura, Donna, Buck, and the other guy driving like crazy to the partyland scene was fantastic. Just breathtaking. I so wish that was all left in the film.

There are a few scenes I enjoyed seeing but are not really missed in (my) FWWM: Cooper & Diane / Truman, Hawk, Andy, Lucy / Pete & Josie / Major Briggs reading the bible.
Those other scenes though. ALL OF THEM! I don't know why they were ever cut out. I wish Lynch would have done a "directors cut" of FWWM like he had once talked about...

Ah well! We got them! We finally got the deleted scenes! I personally have been waiting for these close to 20 years. I feel honoured to have finally seen them!
-23-
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

One really interesting thing about the scene with Laura at the Hayward's house is Will's look as Laura gets the phone call. Also, the way Will and Eileen look at each other after she leaves. They are aware of how unhappy she is, but do they suspect something more sinister about her home life?

Oh and the Buenos Aires set is pretty bad. It looks like a freshly painted bank office. Ironic as it's one of my favorite scenes.

I still wonder about the nurse and how she would have played into a second film.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM