Kyle McLaughlin as Ray Manzanec {spelling?} in 'The Doors'

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
human germ

Kyle McLaughlin as Ray Manzanec {spelling?} in 'The Doors'

Postby human germ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:24 am

what a pleasant suprise to see him in this role. lol, i couldn't miss that strong chin in profile. to be sure, he looked funny to me with long-ish light colored hair; he also smoked a lot.
i enjoyed this movie [ on a dvd rented from netflix] and it was facinating to see Kyle in such an unlike agent cooper role.
i know that Kyle played a pivotal role in 'Dune', but i have to say that i just didn't care for that movie at all, except for the huge worms.
done bun; can't be undone
Pete Martell

Postby Pete Martell » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 am

Actually is Manzarec.The movie wasn't very good and i don't like 'The Doors' either.
human germ

Postby human germ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:47 am

yeah, i figured that i had the name a tad wrong...this is typical of me when it comes to names. i generally have a very poor recall for them.

i wasn't too wild about the movie itself, either. it was hard to follow at times. it pretty much dealt with a very decadant/debauched lifestyle, and offered little more beyond that. what made it somewhat more bearable was seeing Kyle in the role of keyboardist. but having always been a fan of the doors, i did like hearing its soundtrack.
D0ppelgangerDale

Postby D0ppelgangerDale » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:40 pm

Funny, I just watched this movie for the first time about a week ago. I immediately recognized MacLachlan as well. His character kind of disappeared during the second half of the film, unfortunately.

The film itself was interesting, but I am disappointed that I didn't gain more insight into the inner workings of Morrison. Oh well. I like the music, so I ordered the Doors Collection DVD yesterday.
Evenreven

Postby Evenreven » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:39 am

Since we're on the subject of spelling, Kyle MacLachlan played Ray Manzarek. And that concludes the classes for today. :P
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
human germ

Postby human germ » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:13 am

lol, seems i messed up with the proper spelling of both names here.*blushes*
geez, what a prize i am. seems the older i get, the more i fail in this area, lol.
thanks for the correction.
speaking of the doors music collection, damn, that sounds sweet indeed! enjoy!

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”