FWWM Deleted Scenes - Help Spread the Word

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

fwwmfight

FWWM Deleted Scenes - Help Spread the Word

Post by fwwmfight »

Hello all. First time posting on this board although I have been a lurker on Dugpa.com for many years now.

As many of you may know, I've been pushing for the release of Deleted Scenes to FWWM for several years now.

I wanted to get some feedback on ways you all may think may help to achieve this dream.

So far we have done a lot of letter writing, petition signing, and emailing to both companies that have a stake in the release of the Deleted Scenes to FWWM.

We do know that Lynch is all for it but ultimately won't do it unless they are done right, which unfortunately both MK2 and New Line don't seem too eager to pony up the cash to fulfill that request.

What I am looking for is your thoughts on how to generate press and spread the word to continue to show these companies that there is money to be made if they decide to give the project the green light.

Thanks in advance for your input.

John Viola
http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Sent you a message last year about Richard Beymer not filming any scenes for FWWM. Never heard back from you.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
fwwmfight

Post by fwwmfight »

I didn't get it. Which email did you send it to?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thru MySpace. In any case, he told me he did not film anything for FWWM. I saw on your MySpace acct. that you listed Richard as one of the actors who possibly filmed scenes.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
fwwmfight

Post by fwwmfight »

Interesting. I was also checking out the thread on this board with the various confirmations. I will have to update the sites.

So back to my original question. Any feedback on how to make this happen? Serious thoughts please.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Hello there John ( fwwmfight). As you may notice I have taken the liberty to add a link to you on my profile, I sent you an e-mail letting you know that I was doing so, hope it's ok.

As far as what to do about getting the deleted scenes released, it seems that just keeping the fact that they are still wanted is the only thing most of us can do. Keeping the subject alive on forums, if only for new comers to see that there are deleted scenes and for them to add their voice. When I sent letters, both written and e-mailed,and signed petitions for the release of the second season, as well as FWWM deleted scenes, it felt like I was banging my head against a wall. Now whether I had any effect or not I don't know because none of my letters ever got a reply, but we did eventually get season two, how was that done? I think that a lot of people behind the scenes are aware that these releases are wanted, i.e. Charles de Lauzirika in the interview with dugpa last year.expressed this and was in favour of bringing them to the public. I can only hope that others in the business feel the same.

I have brought up some threads here that were to do with this subject in order to keep it alive, but as there seems to be not much news on it the discussion eventually dies. All I can think is to just bring up the subject every so often to keep the letters and petitions going by new comers.
Si

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
fwwmfight

Post by fwwmfight »

Thank you snikgrf. The interview with Charles de Lauzirika was very insightful. The plain fact is that MK2 or New Line need to see $$$ before they decide to go the distance. Guess we will have to wait and see.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Yes money??? Come on all you lottery winners, how about investing in this great money making scheme :D

In the end the money will come from us the buying public, I would guess that MK2 and New Line just need some investor to take the risk on whether there is enough of us to pay it back with profit? So it's a good thing we have your fwwmfight site and what we need is more names on the petition to convince someone to invest. Of course there are probably other factors that I don't know about that would put a monkey wrench in the works, has anyone else got ideas on this?

Maybe someone could sell shares in this venture? I'd buy some.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket
Si

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

why doesn't lynch himself do some investing in this?
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

With all of the utter crap that has been released over the years on DVD, I don't understand why this is so hard to be released. C'mon MK2, New Line, and Lynch! This has a cult following!!!!
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Welcome to the board John. It's good to see you've finally joined! I would suggest maybe putting together some sort of viral video on Youtube with the info on where to send letters etc. Would be great if there were actually videos of the deleted scenes just to get people excited but I guess the few stills and maybe mix it with other scenes from the series and the film might be something that could help spread the word.

Just 2 cents from a fellow FWWM diehard.

-B
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

in my pessimistic view (sorry) our best chance is to buy the footage ourselves. i'll pitch in 20 bucks.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

It would be nice if a paper would publish this.And i mean a real big paper like NYC.Isn't there a paper with a journalist-fan?
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I also hope that some day we'll get to see a special edtion of this wonderfull movie with as many deleted scenes as are possible to be recreated. I'm not sure how many versions of this movie have already been released on dvd but I guess one of the most horrible versions of all of them is the german dvd version which was released last year. The cover art work for this dvd is a joke every kid could probably create a better one and there are absolutely no extras included to this dvd. Sorry folks for digressing of the topic but I had to let off some steam. By the way I think you guys are doing a great job with all the petitions and letter writing to remind everyone that there are some people out there that want to see a decent dvd version of this great film.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Is there a better chance of this happening since Warner Bros. is buying out New Line? Just curious
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.