Twin Peaks should only be watched...

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Twin Peaks should only be watched...

Post by Jerry Horne »

...at night. I could not imagine watching it during the day. Anyone else agree? Also, watching it after at least two cups of coffee could be deemed as near required...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks should only be watched...

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:...at night. I could not imagine watching it during the day. Anyone else agree? Also, watching it after at least two cups of coffee could be deemed as near required...
I agree for the most part Jerry! But I DID have a marathon w/ a friend once where we started at 6AM!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I must admit i did take part in a viewing marathon of all episodes in a row without sleeping. Then we drove up to North Bend (3 hours) and went to the Double RR for coffee and pie. We were tired, and we all know that sleep deprivation is a one way ticket to temporary psychosis!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:sleep deprivation is a one way ticket to temporary psychosis!
I'm sure Coop would say, "It's nice to be quoted accurately" :)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

I agree all along. I've always watched every single Lynch movie at night. Indeed, the darker, the better. But it's more than that. It's a mood intrinsic to night.
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Amen. It is essential. At night, in the dark, on a big beautiful screen, with the volume blasted. Actually, I rather prefer watching it in headphones. Anyone else do that? Especially with the fantastic remix on the Gold set.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Frank

Post by Frank »

I watch it only in autmn and winter. I live in Germany near the woods and then I feel like being in Washington State! :D
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks should only be watched...

Post by Mb3 »

Jerry Horne wrote:...at night. I could not imagine watching it during the day. Anyone else agree?
I absolutely agree with you. I've watched every single episode at night and frankly I can't imagine watching it during the day. I think it just wouldn't feel the same way.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

You can only watch anything by David Lynch at night. I actually only watch films at night, or when it is dark. Not only the atmosphere, but usually, it is easier to focus & concentrate when watching something at night. Watching things during the day just kills the experience of any film.

Similarly, I don't know about anyone else, but for me at least, I can only watch very few things in warm/hot weather. It is easier for me to watch something if I'm in a very cold room, because at least I can keep myself warm.
human germ
Roadhouse Member

Post by human germ »

i watch mostly during the daytime as i often cannot keep my eyes open at a late evening hour.
but since my sleep is disordered, i've been known the view peaks or anything, for that matter, in the wee hours before going back to sleep.

oh, and i watch tv on a tiny 13 inch screen. and now that i've got one of those portable dvd players, i may well be watching 'peaks on a 5 inch screen, lol. these portable players are great when you don't get a lot of heat; i can lay in bed all covered in blankets with the player propped on my belly, lol.
done bun; can't be undone