Your thoughts on the Twin Peaks Gold Box dvd set

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Aw, thanks Annie! No more counting from now on.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tonya!!! whooo hoo. and celebrating by watching a little Peaks.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Has anyone else noticed that on the pilot (original version) the soundtrack is out of sync with the image :x
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Fall_of_Sophia wrote:Has anyone else noticed that on the pilot (original version) the soundtrack is out of sync with the image :x
I've yet to receive my gold box, but this is most likely due to your DVD player.
On my Philips DVP5505S the image and sound sometimes go out of sync when I adjust playback speed a lot in a short span of time.
ARNIE

Post by ARNIE »

Has anyone else noticed that on the pilot (original version) the soundtrack is out of sync with the image
I did not notice this when I watched it.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Today i saw both pilots and bonus features on disc 10. The interview with Angelo when he's playing the piano is so powerful, it was magic.. The other great moment was The Slice of Lynch, especially when he sees the actors, they show us his look and it's very touching.

I must say it was the first time i saw Twin Peaks with remastered picture and sound, and it is perfect. Very happy with this box. :wink:
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

STILL waiting for my Gold Box. This is getting ridiculous ... Oh, will it ever arrive? :(
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Jonah wrote:STILL waiting for my Gold Box. This is getting ridiculous ... Oh, will it ever arrive? :(
I waited for three weeks, and today i had to pay a large tax to take my pocket, i don't know why. Besides, the pocket had a German Post sticker on it. That was a mystery.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

Jonah wrote:STILL waiting for my Gold Box. This is getting ridiculous ... Oh, will it ever arrive? :(
Where'd you order from? I'm still waiting also, mines from amazon.com - i'm in England.
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

Glad not to be the only one, I'm still waiting in France too (ordered on amazon.com)
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Good Lord. I did not remember Ben Horne's admission about Laura Palmer. There was my answer to whether he cared about anyone but himself. Is there any man in Twin Peaks who was not in love with her? And the wait for the answer to Audrey's question is the best pause I've ever seen.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I always though that was a little odd that he would say he loves Laura. I mean, really?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Which is a far cry (and why it seemed absolutely sincere to me) from what I thought Ben Horne's party line was and which he told Catherine during one of their sexual romps, "Business, pleasure, it's all the same to me."
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Jerry Horne wrote:I always though that was a little odd that he would say he loves Laura. I mean, really?
Yeah, he didn't kill her, but was sleeping with her, but as long as he didn't kill her. I hate that all of Ben and Jerry's evil deeds are just swept under the rug, and then only treated as comedic relief. So much more could have happened.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

My thoughts on my set are that its lucky to have survived.
I ordered it from amazon.com and it came all the way here to the UK in decent time, BUT as i picked up my mail my heart was pounding when i saw the box set without any kind of envelope just lying on the floor!!!
Looking at the padded envelope it came in it was horrifically torn up (any one would think i'd got a dog/BOB if they saw it) thankfully the box set is in almost perfect condition, just a little crease on a corner. *phew*