UK Release Season 2???

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yellowman

UK Release Season 2???

Post by yellowman »

Surely someone has some info???

I have checked these pages for as long as I can remember for some good news, with no luck.

I can only watch series one so many times. Must be getting old now as memories are fading from when it was on TV.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I'm afraid not. It will come out though, pretty sure on that. I bought 2.1 from Germany, the only thing you might not like is the title on the box is in German otherwise the digital A/V is top notch for the undubbed option (i.e. English) with 5.1 sound
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Still no news re: a UK release? Not even a hint?
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I cant believe that there's STILL no news. Im so frustrated. Who thinks it's worth buying the German, or American series?? Or should we wait? I would rather the UK edition but if its going to take much long, then I cant wait.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It's possible that UK may be waiting to do the Complete Mystery set. I have several inquiries out there but so far I am getting absolutely nothing.

-B
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Thanks for trying dugpa. Ive never seen the second series (was too young) and have so far restrained from FWWM so I have a lot to wait for here! I was starting to think that we were waiting for the Complete Mystery. Not sure what to do for the best.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I have been buying the German ones, just because I'm impatient I guess, the season 2.1 is very good on video and sound(5.1) reproduction. It is on the non dubbed choice, which is of course the English original. The extras such as the log lady intros and other extras should be coming on the 2.2 set this April.

The only thing is - the cover is in German and it may cost more in postage. If you can live with that, and you can't wait for a possible UK release, like me, go for it. Though, if we do get an all in one set, it may be cheaper than getting the two German sets.

Or, you could buy the German set and when, or if, the UK set comes out, sell the German ones on ebay and buy the UK ones if you prefer.
Si

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

dugpa wrote:It's possible that UK may be waiting to do the Complete Mystery set. I have several inquiries out there but so far I am getting absolutely nothing.

-B
Dugpa is this usual with a specific DVD box-set in different countries within a specific region? It's thoroughly bizarre there's been absoloutly no announcement yet.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

dugpa wrote:It's possible that UK may be waiting to do the Complete Mystery set. I have several inquiries out there but so far I am getting absolutely nothing.
I sincerely hope that's not the case, as I already have the (excellent) UK Season 1 set, including the pilot, and don't wish buy it again simply to get Season 2...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:

-B
Dugpa is this usual with a specific DVD box-set in different countries within a specific region? It's thoroughly bizarre there's been absoloutly no announcement yet.
Yes. Unfortuately, DVD producers even those outside of the US are very spotty when it comes to giving any sort of specs before a release date. I suspect legal troubles. The place I had I contacted was Universal Home Video UK as they were the ones that did Season 2 in the UK. I'm not sure if maybe this time Paramount are going to try and release it like what they have done in the US.

Maybe some of you folks that live in the UK could try calling their offices in the UK. Ask for the publicity department. Hell, tell them you work for an "Onine DVD Review Website" called Dugpa.com. That's what I always do. :) See what they tell you.

-B
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

snikgrif wrote:The only thing is - the cover is in German...
Is the main text in German, or just the 'small print' on the rear? I ask because I've seen other overseas (Region 2) versions advertised with English cover text:

Dutch: (6 x disc) http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6792 ... ontvn1.jpg

Denmark: (part 2 of 2) http://www.laserdisken.dk/html/visvare. ... 9274343495

Does anyone know where someone in the UK could order the Dutch version online, (without being able to speak/read the language)? Also, can anyone confirm if it's the same content as the US Region 1 set? Thanks...
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Im afraid I have no idea Red Room but Im leaning towards ordering the German/Dutch boxset myself. I too have Season 1 already and dont want to buy the complete mystery. Its also my birthday in 2 weeks and Id like to be able to finally watch Season 2 and FWWM for it. :roll:
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Red Room
Is the main text in German, or just the 'small print' on the rear?
On mine all the print on the box is in German, except the title 'Twin Peaks'. On the discs it is in English, except for two small tags, one in Spanish and one in German stating some legal mumbo- jumbo. Other than that there is no other text in the 2.1 set.

Those that you linked me too might be the better choice if they are all in English.

Like most in the UK who have got the Season 1 + Pilot, getting the full set would be needless surplus. I have a feeling that the reproduction and effort put into the first season box set isn't likely to be bettered on the The Complete Mystery Set. Who knows? they might put an incentive into the TCM Set to encourage us to buy that as well. At the moment I'll still buy the German ones as insurance, I feel as if I've been waiting to long now to rely on market forces that might in the end cancel any future releases.

If anyone has a multi region dvd player maybe a US set is a thought? Come to think about it, depending on what the German 2.2 is like, I might go for the US set and flog the 2.1 myself, as then the log lady intros will be in the right place.
Si

snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I have just noticed that The Complete Mystery Set is ready for pre-order in Germany (amazon.de), but still nothing of season 2 at amazon.co.uk?
Si

Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

snikgrif wrote:On mine all the print on the box is in German, except the title 'Twin Peaks'. On the discs it is in English, except for two small tags, one in Spanish and one in German stating some legal mumbo- jumbo. Other than that there is no other text in the 2.1 set.
Thanks for the info.
snikgrif wrote:I have just noticed that The Complete Mystery Set is ready for pre-order in Germany (amazon.de), but still nothing of season 2 at amazon.co.uk?
It's frustrating as hell...