UK Release Season 2???

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

adamus

Post by adamus »

Thanks for all the advice - I'll look up the model of it tonight and let you know what happens! Is there no one else who thinks it is worth holding out for a special UK DVD set then?
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Nope...there is absolutely no sign of it. You usually get some sort of rumour and then a couple of different release dates months before you get an actual official one. Then you have to wait a few weeks longer for that date to arrive. We dont even have any rumours or replies from companies.

Ofcourse theres a chance it could suddenly appear out of the blue, but I dont fancy the chances. Id rather just bite the bullet and order from abroad so I dont have to wait any longer. Its been long enough!

Still waiting for my copy btw... :x
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

iar wrote:Nope...there is absolutely no sign of it. You usually get some sort of rumour and then a couple of different release dates months before you get an actual official one. Then you have to wait a few weeks longer for that date to arrive. We dont even have any rumours...
I agree. I was going stir crazy waiting for news, but eventually bit the bullet and ordered the US set - I'm now halfway though watching Season 2 (much of it for the first time ever), and loving every minute!

Why wait for the UK to get its act together? If / when a UK version does appear it will probably be a duplicate of the Region 1 set, (albeit possibly with better packaging?) If not, there is always Ebay to offload your Region 1 DVDs... ;-)
adamus

Post by adamus »

wallydanger wrote:
Here's a great site that has almost all players listed. There's a search box to enter your brand and model.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
I found my dvd player on this site (it's a daytek p818) and have tried typing the numbers in. It doesn't actually seem to do anything though - maybe i need a region 1 dvd in the machine. Next step is to borrow a region 1 dvd off someone I think and see if I can get it working I suppose. I also noticed that season 2 is now out of stock at axel.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

adamus- It probably wont do anything. Mine didnt seem to do a thing, but as soon as I put a Region 1 DVD it worked properly. You should test it out and hopefully itll be fine!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

adamus wrote:I also noticed that season 2 is now out of stock at axel.
I got mine on ebay from a seller called rinsalot for £25.99 plus £3.50. I paid him straight off and got the US Reg 1 set two days later. I just checked and he is still selling them. A few pounds more expensive I have heard than from Axel. Check to see if Axel is getting any more in first if you want it cheaper, but I was pleased with the guy at ebay. There is another seller, pompey, or something like that, there selling them for the same price.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Got mine today. Very excited. And it came in that Spider-Man 1 & 2 collector box that someone else mentioned somewhere (so I put my two Spidey films in there!). Probably start watching TP S2 tonight.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I got mine yesterday!! Unfortunately it got caught by customs which is why I had to wait a little while longer and pay the fee...but I dont care...after 4 yrs of waiting I finally get to watch Season 2!!!

I watched the first and second episode of the 2nd series last night and IT WAS BRILLIANT! It didnt dissapoint me at all and it was so worth the wait. Talk about frightening...

...anyway....I must get on and finish the whole series so I can take part in discussions!
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Glad you got yours finally, Iar. My first copy (from Play) got held by customs, too. It finally arrived, but not until after I had requested a refund cos it was lost in the post (nearly three weeks) and ordered another from Axel. As others have said, no customs charge with Axel.

I have to go to the sorting office soon and decline delivery of the Play one. they wanted another £12 on top of the £27. Sorry, but that is absurd, no?

So, it'll be Axel all the way for me -- well, at least when I need R1 discs that cost more than £18, anyway.

I've watched the first two eps only so far. It's so long since I last saw them. The end of ep.8 is super-terrifying! And ep.9 was so great that I watched the first 13 minutes of ep.10 before dragging myself away to bed last night far too late...
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Red Room wrote:
iar wrote:Nope...there is absolutely no sign of it. You usually get some sort of rumour and then a couple of different release dates months before you get an actual official one. Then you have to wait a few weeks longer for that date to arrive. We dont even have any rumours...
I agree. I was going stir crazy waiting for news, but eventually bit the bullet and ordered the US set - I'm now halfway though watching Season 2 (much of it for the first time ever), and loving every minute!

Why wait for the UK to get its act together? If / when a UK version does appear it will probably be a duplicate of the Region 1 set, (albeit possibly with better packaging?) If not, there is always Ebay to offload your Region 1 DVDs... ;-)
My belief now is that the UK MAY be doing the decent thing ( :shock: ) and ignoring these halfway-house-rip-off-the-fans Season 2 releases and will simply release a Complete Mystery Box when the time comes. What other explanation could it be? Surely it can't be that the UK will NEVER release it?
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Maybe the UK is holding off because of the snafu on the Log Lady intros or something...?
adamus

Post by adamus »

so is this gold set coming out over here then or not?
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Hard to tell, but I'm willing to bet good money it will come out in PAL/Region 2, at least so you can order it from Germany or the Netherlands or somewhere. Amazon.de have had a late October release date reported for several months now. My guess is that the R2 will be the same as the US Gold box, with French and maybe Italian 2.0 dubs instead of the original broadcast stereo soundtrack - which, if it happens, will suck. I have no use for several language dubs. Read the damned subtitles, people! :)

Pure speculation, of course. :)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

My guess is that the entire series 'gold' set will be issued here, skipping the season two-only set! It would be typical of the UK to make all of us spend extra money buying the whole lot again!

Then again, given the number of extras, I'll happily take the gold set as well. I wonder if the set'll see a Bluray/HDDVD release...