New box art image

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks for tuning in Jonah! Keep an eye on our site for a 'Giant' interview...

:?:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Jerry, you rock my socks!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

wow jerry wow!
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

I agree that the back cover is better than the front, but the design is still pretty ugly on the whole. Oh well.
It-Kai

Post by It-Kai »

I really don't get this artwork. The front cover, the gold thing, the not-yellow-brick-road (red room).

But it's all good now we get ourselves the definitive box-set. They could put a picture of little Nicky and the Marsh family on the front, and I would still be excited as hell!

Hi everybody! A Twin Peaks maniac from Denmark here...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I still don't get why the Little Nicky/Evelyn Marsh spinoff never really took off. "Ah, Nicky" was brilliant.
Double Identity

Post by Double Identity »

Yes Nicky the devils child who wasn't that devilish after all.

Bleurgh at the artwork. You can do such amazingly breathtakingly incredible things with computer design graphics these days. I do wonder why they settled for this.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I still don't get the gold theme either. After seeing the trailer I'm starting to wonder if some executive came up with the "worth its WAIT in gold" pun and insisted on rolling with it.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Si78 wrote:I still don't get the gold theme either. After seeing the trailer I'm starting to wonder if some executive came up with the "worth its WAIT in gold" pun and insisted on rolling with it.
If I recall, it was Lynch who came up with the idea. Funny enough, I showed the coverart to my mom (who is also a fan) and she LOVED it. :)
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

I am really liking this artwork. I am very excited to see what the insides are going to look like, and ESPECIALLY the menus! I hope the menus are representative of some of the locations of the show. Having one disc be the waterfall, another be the sheriff's station, etc.

Okay everyone, I concede that the Evelyn Marsh storyline is the weakest (except maybe for Theresa Banks/Dear Meadows :P ), but what is everyone's beef with Little Nicky??? That was HILarious! Dick and Andy working together. Priceless! And the look on the adopters' faces for the split second they think their child is dead. I couldn't breathe.

Seriously, why does Little Nicky seem to be the second most hated Twin Peaks subplot?
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The Magician wrote:...but what is everyone's beef with Little Nicky??? That was HILarious! Dick and Andy working together. Priceless! And the look on the adopters' faces for the split second they think their child is dead. I couldn't breathe.
I'm with you. I loved everything connected to Dick Treymene and Andy. As soon as the wine tasting scene starts, i can't stop laughing!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

not to mention the sidesplitting feret scene. I had seen anything that good since Police Academy 18.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Just for the record, my post was not ironic! I loved every scene with Nicky and Dick. Even the Evelyn subplot did not bother me at all.
Double Identity

Post by Double Identity »

I think they failed to deliver on the Nicky subplot. You think 'ooo did he kill his parents?' then the tyre/car falling off the jack incident happens and you think 'oooo maybe he did? Scary!' then nothing much else happens.

The Evelyn subplot I just found depressing. Isolating James from the usual characters and the town of Twin Peaks didn't really gel for me.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I will buy this even if all the menus have Robin Lively saying "I need to wee-en" in a loop.

And I actually kinda like the Evelyn Marsh plot. It's fun.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"