2007 - The New Year of Twin Peaks? (And of David Lynch.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

2007 - The New Year of Twin Peaks? (And of David Lynch.)

Post by Jonah »

Have just been reflecting on what a striking year it has been - and will continue to be, with release dates getting ever closer - for TWIN PEAKS and David Lynch fans.

Earlier this year, we FINALLY got the Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD. Sure, it was disappointing to many. But it finally happened! Then we heard news of the Gold Box/Complete Mystery set ... Despite the awful (truly awful) cover artwork, we were rewarded with news of some very cool bonus features. THEN news came along of the Season 2 soundtrack! Add to this all the other stories and rumours and things that never happened (i.e., the graphic novel) ... it has been an AMAZING year for TP fans. It's almost like the show is back in the headlines (at least online, and amongst us fans).

Also this year ... David Lynch's new film, INLAND EMPIRE. And its DVD release and its soundtrack release.

All in all, 2007 has been wonderful. And now - very, very soon - we'll finally have our hands on the Gold Box and Season 2 soundtrack.

With only 2.5 months left till the end of 2007, any chance we'll get any more exciting TP/Lynch news?
:D
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think what's missing is a large coffee table book on Twin Peaks. I'm talking a huge book with rare photos, script variations, interviews, a complete transmission history and a further cd of music from Badalamenti. The first 500 should be leather bound and signed by Lynch and Frost...

:D
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

That sounds like something worth buying a coffee table for! I really wish they would release that...
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I'd buy a coffee table made of Douglas fir wood just to put my copy on!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Hell, for that I'd even learn how to read!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:Hell, for that I'd even learn how to read!
:lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The people have spoken!

Roll on TP coffee table book!
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

I know a lot of people are against it, but I'd like to see a graphic novel (or two or three) come to fruition.
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

I feel that anyone who is "against" it is being ridiculously selfish. If they don't want a TP graphic novel, then they should choose not to read it, but it should still exist for the rest of us!

I feel quite angry towards Mr. Lynch for his decision, and I'm afraid it has negatively affected my opinion of him...

J'ai une âme solitaire.
It-Kai

Post by It-Kai »

So why doesn't the guy just put it out on the internet as fan-art for the ones who wants his view on a possible 3rd season?

I wouldn't read it, but... It wouldn't hurt anyone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The main thing that pisses me off about DavidLynch.com is why does he not sell any Twin Peaks items? I know he does not own the rights to it per say, but what about selling nice prints of all the wonderful pictures he took on the set? He can even add $300- to the price for a signed edition (like he does with his 'Hustler' style nudes) And while i'm ranting... RELEASE ALL OF THE DAMN TWIN PEAKS AUDIO TRACKS ANGELO! Can anyone say boxset?

O.K. that felt good. Back to normal programming...
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

It-Kai wrote:So why doesn't the guy just put it out on the internet as fan-art for the ones who wants his view on a possible 3rd season?

I wouldn't read it, but... It wouldn't hurt anyone.
I think the main reason is because it's not financially viable anymore. If David Lynch had okayed it, the graphic novel would have gotten a 10,000 print circulation worldwide, and he would gotten a nice pay check. He probably feels now that it would not be worth the effort if he was not paid and few people would read it.

It would have been such a perfect box set...

J'ai une âme solitaire.