"Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Re: "Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Found these scans on a blog, (click to enlarge).

http://katygoranka.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... zine-1992/
http://katygoranka.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... -ponytail/

LOVE that picture of Fenn sitting in the Double R mock-up. Could easily have made a sweet publicity still.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

sweet! good hunting.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Good find. :D

Never seen these:
Last edited by They-Shot-Waldo! on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
blair
Roadhouse Member

Post by blair »

She is surely the most beautiful girl that I have never seen, the first I have seen her in Twin Peaks in the role of Audrey Hornes, I have been mesmerized, I really love her with the short hair in the pilote.

About the decision of Kyle about the romance Audrey/Cooper, I have to agree with him, it's very hard to say that because I really love them together, but I remember when I have seen the potential relationship between them, I find that weird despite the chemistry, I think that Frost and Lynch would have taken more attention during the creation of the show about their relationship, make Audrey older, but I think they surely want to keep the lolita aspect of the character.

But in the same time I understand Fenn who don't seem very happy about this decision (accordind an interview of her) because it's more or less to kill the importance of her character in the show to do that, but I don't think that it's because of that the show have been died, the creators seem to agree (specially Lynch) that the decision of ABC have killed the show, not the show itself who have always been a good level despite some lower moment.

About Annie Blackbird and the character play by Billy Zane, I really like them, of course they could have been more developed, but I don' think they has the time for that, but I like their styles, Zane remind me a pulp or a comicbook hero from the 50's, I think he have the good look for the character of Audrey, I like them both together.

For Audrey in the Black Lodge, I don't think imo that i could work like Annie, simply because I feel that Annie is more or less a copy of Caroline (Windom Earles wife), she look like Caroline, she have the same look, the same kind of hair, she have the same style unlike Audrey, she is also weaker that Audrey, it's cool to see Cooper again in the same nightmare that the death of Caroline, it's easier for him to feel the fear because of the look like of the situation, I feel it's for that during the black lodge sequence, Cooper have seen them like the same girl, something that I don't think it would possible with Audrey.

I think also that for the character of Audrey, it would have been too much Mamzelle in distress, she have already been captured in the show, twice I think is too much for her (specially during a short time).

I have read in this board lot of hates about Lara flint Boyle, I really would like to know for why ? Apparently some peoples seem to think that it's her decision about the separation between Cooper/Audrey, there are a proof about that or there are just rumor ? I would like to know the source about that (comment about the others actors etc...), I would like also the relationship between Fenn and Kyle, but also with the others actors, if there are big conflict or simply some little disagree during a general friendly atmosphere (very normal with this important show), I would like to know about that also if it's true and there are a credible source, or if it's just also some rumors.

Thanks for advance, sorry if these questions have already been answered.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

I'm very sorry she died in the final episode...rip Audrey!
Roomservice...
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

The Face magazine June 1993.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I never got this issue. THANK YOU! It's glorious. I always loved the cover, and never saw the pics inside.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks for posting that article, dunkrag! I've always loved Boxing Helena, in a twisted sort of way...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

For some strange reason, I was thinking about the TV film that Sherilynn did in 1995 "the Elizabeth Taylor Story" which also featured Ray Wise. I don't think it was ever released on DVD in the US but I'd love to see it again.

-B
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I've been trying to find my old videotape of this -it was two parts -but no luck. I may have taped over it years ago. (gasp!)

It was typical made for TV docudrama as far as I remember. But the performances of Fenn and Wise together were good (and quite fun to watch Leland and Audrey woo one another). I'll still try to hunt for this.
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

One of the things that I LOVE about TP is that the show reveals itself to you over time. It's got its own internal language and logic.

When Audrey gets to One Eyed Jack's, she demonstrates her "qualifications" to Blackie by tying a cherry stem in a knot. (Not only is it a beautiful use of colors, but the cherry is a traditional symbol of virginity.)

The next time we see her, she is being paraded in front of Blackie in white lingerie covered in--oh yes--little symbolic tied cherry stems.
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

Oh, and Jack's not only has the drapes, but VERY similar statues to the Lodge. (I suppose Jack's is either heaven or hell depending on your perspective.)

(As an aside, anyone else notice the "drapes" in the opening credits?)

(As a further aside, Coop loves him some cherry pie.)
CooperlovesAudrey

Post by CooperlovesAudrey »

Thank you Audrey and dunkrag for those articles! I enjoyed reading through them. Audrey, would you be posting more episode analyses? I miss them, as well as the show itself. I plan to watch it again, but not too soon. I love the ''missing the show'' stage =P
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

thanks, yeah i'll get back to it. I had the next one drafted up loosely about what I wanted to talk about -and maybe go back and clean up some of the earlier entries -the grammar is all over the map.

I kinda overdoesed on Peaks for a bit with the Changes to the Second season thread, so needed to clear my head and come back and enjoy it.

I'll get back to it in the next week. I like Audrey quite a bit in the next few episodes. And found some more pics to scan.