OFFICIAL List of Special Features for "Definitive Gold Box"

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

only four deleted scenes..argh. i will only let this slide since there is so much other shit on this release. ben killing maddy is what i want most.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The ironic thing is that i have more than four deleted scenes in my collection. Yet, no one contacted me!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

This set looks packed to the gills....I'm thrilled! ( except for the bad cover art and no graphic novel of course ) The two things I found most strangely absent from the set is The Twin Peaks 12 Days of Christmas that was done for the KROQ Christmas album here in LA in 1990, and the Agent Cooper tapes. I have both of these things, so it's not a huge deal, but I would have thought that both would have been easier to get than the SNL skits.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Donahue show with TP cast would have been cool.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

did they edit out Annie and put Audrey in her place, yet?

this is great news. I'd want commentaries about the second season though and even critisms and analysing it's downfall -it's a huge part of the history of the show.

still think the cover should be just the simple tp highway and the Audrey/Cooper double r diner shot on the back.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
benjamin

Post by benjamin »

do you suppose the log lady intros will be any better in terms of quality for the second season? Or will they keep the same drab vcr-recorded looking copies?

and i do hope they put in those "previously on..." segments.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Okay, I know I'm harping and being a negative nitpicker, but one more thing about the gold cover design....

Why is the word "Peaks" smaller than the word "Twin"? So it'll fit??!! Dude, just even them out. That kind of thing drives me crazy! (short trip) P.S. I hope they prevent the sign from falling completely off the right side.
Last edited by charles on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Franela

Post by Juan Franela »

It's a darn shame: no "Invitation to Love". Will they fix the sound with the second season (at times you can barely understand what is being said the music is so loud), or do we only know that the original broadcast stereo and 5.1 will be available?
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
purpleturtle

Post by purpleturtle »

So, they ARE going with the ugly gold box? That's really dissapointing. I think we can basically consider it confirmed, seeing as how even Lynch has called it the 'definitive gold box'.

I am very excited for this, though. I've never seen the deleted scenes or SNL monologue. I am definitely picking this one up.
jordan

Post by jordan »

jmichael wrote:Perhaps some of the interview segments on the Season 2 set might be repeated in the documentaries (Though I'm hoping there's little to no repeat interviews).
Don't quote me on this, but I've gotten the distinct impression that there will not be any repeat items from the previous DVDs. But if there is, it will be very little.

The Festival was able to get the same footage that was shown at Comic Con and it really is great footage.
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

So I'll be the first to be disappointed.
First, I excpected a lower price on this set.
Also I looked forward to much more added content (and not only DVD content - for example physical postcards and physical trading cards would have been great!).
Looking at this set after looking at the new blade runner set - I can't even compare.
I'll buy this set, but only because I already sold my 1st and 2nd season.
If I had known before that this is all there will be I don't believe I would get rid of what I had and I would not buy this set.

Asaf
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

shemsha wrote:So I'll be the first to be disappointed.
First, I expected a lower price on this set.
Also I looked forward to much more added content (and not only DVD content - for example physical postcards and physical trading cards would have been great!).
Well, there ARE physical postcards included in the set. From the press release: "This 10-disc set includes "Greetings from Twin Peaks" collectible postcards."
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

Well that's good to know, I thought it's just a bonus feature like the trading cards.

That's a bit comforting.
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

"Finally the pilot is together with the series. The picture looks clean with good color correction. The sound is really good," said David Lynch. "I think this is a great definitive Twin Peaks Gold Set - the Gold represents the highest quality. A lot of work has gone in to this, and in my opinion it has really paid off."

What cracks me up is gutless Paramount requesting that Tvshowsondvd.com remove the "tentative" cover art for the box set just so Twin Peaks fans would stop complaining how crappy it was and then at the official unveiling we get the same crappy artwork. Just think of all the iconic visual images associated with Twin Peaks which could have been the cover art, but instead, we get Gold and Brushed Metal. Terrible !! Somebody please shoot me if Lynch really said "...the Gold represents the highest quality", as a justification for this artwork which does not in any way "marry" with the mood or look of the series. Even if Lynch did say it, who cares -- judge the remark by its content not on the authority of the person who said it. When I read that quote, I picture some dweeb who flunked out of Marketing in college because he included that stupid line in his Sophomore Project presentation.