Twin Peaks 30: Official Fan Celebration (Graceland)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks 30: Official Fan Celebration (Graceland)

Post by N. Needleman »

Lynch/Frost would never allow that.

I feel for the Fest and I think it's a shame they can no longer operate, but the showrunners are not known for their delicacy when they choose to make something happen. This is no different. They're entitled to that, but I hope it does mean more is coming.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

Maybe this means season 4 will take place in Graceland... :roll:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

From what I hear, not everyone was happy with the way the Festival was run. I don’t remember the exact sources of conflict but a sizable chunk of fans will be happy with this move.

More importantly, my guess is that this is just one part of a strategy to roll out either a new season/movie and/or new products.

In any case, the large majority of fans don’t go to these festivals. But we’d be more likely to go to something run by the creators. I never considered going before but now I am tempted...anyone have $900 I can borrow?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’ve never attended a festival, so I have no real stake in this, but it’s kind of lousy that they’re robbing Snoqualmie of a large annual source of revenue. Why Graceland, I wonder?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Throw in some of those hokey Showtime-sponsored pop-up shops with the obligatory avalanche of merch dreck and we're good to go!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I’ve never attended a festival, so I have no real stake in this, but it’s kind of lousy that they’re robbing Snoqualmie of a large annual source of revenue. Why Graceland, I wonder?
Yeah, this doesn't sit right with me. Why would Lynch even want to rob Snoqualmie of that? The town is so special to him. So, without casting judgment, I'm actually interested in WHY Lynch I signing off on this? What would be the reasons? I hope it's not just CBS wanting a piece of the pie, which I had always assumed they weren't receiving from previous fests? I'm all for thinking a major announcement would be made in Graceland in 2020, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Seeing some whisperings on twitter that the Graceland event is NOT what is replacing the fan-run Snoqualmie fest. It seems likely there will be an official one in WA, and the Graceland event is merely for the anniversary. Perhaps the new fest should be its own thread?

It's worth keeping in mind that after 2 years across 2 cities, this year saw no Festival of Disruption. Perhaps it didn't sell enough tickets, and perhaps Lynch is thinking to make its already huge TP bent into a full-on TP-themed fest instead of a general Lynch one. This would mean that no, they're not taking Snoqualmie's revenue source away, but it would also probably mean that the fan-run revenue could have been seen as a way to redirect funds into another charitable David Lynch Foundation thing. I want to say that would be opportunistic, but it is Lynch's property.

I just hope, in the end of all this, that the fan fest organizers are involved. I actually do remember some controversy about the organizers, now that mtwentz has brought it up, but nothing solid ... anyone know? I vaguely remember it was a single person in particular and that they were dealt with. But either way, there's a lot of people who put their time into that fest and for them to be slapped on the wrist and discontinued would be awful.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

krishnanspace wrote:Lol. I just checked out, the significance of Graceland and it seems it’s Elvis Presley’s estate. Is that an odd location to host such a thing?
Trivia time. Did You Know...?

Russ Tamblyn helped Elvis practice the Jailhouse Rock choreography.
Charlotte Stewart had a deep talk with Elvis while shooting Speedway.
Peggy Lipton tried to get Elvis into Scientology, said he was lame in bed.

I mentioned Elvis a bunch in my Disappointed thread posts so this is a perfect fit for me
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

sylvia_north wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Lol. I just checked out, the significance of Graceland and it seems it’s Elvis Presley’s estate. Is that an odd location to host such a thing?
Trivia time. Did You Know...?

Russ Tamblyn helped Elvis practice the Jailhouse Rock choreography.
Charlotte Stewart had a deep talk with Elvis while shooting Speedway.
Peggy Lipton tried to get Elvis into Scientology, said he was lame in bed.

I mentioned Elvis a bunch in my Disappointed thread posts so this is a perfect fit for me
Peggy was a Scientologist? I didn’t know that.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Didn't Peggy Lipton get with Paul McCartney as well?
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

TwinsPeak wrote:Didn't Peggy Lipton get with Paul McCartney as well?
Yep, and of course the great Quincy Jones as well, who she married. Clearly musicians liked her, and vice versa.
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Good video to check out if your gonna stay at the guest house https://youtu.be/575MWYOrP4k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

CBS just shut down the UK Twin Peaks Fest.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jerry Horne wrote:CBS just shut down the UK Twin Peaks Fest.
Missed opportunity to have everyone attend wrapped in plastic.