Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
bosguy1981
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby bosguy1981 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:56 am

vicksvapor77 wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:The makers of "Behind the Red Curtain" only made one chronological goof in the entire 18 part series -- the "What Story is that, Charlie?" scene with Audrey & Charlie is accidentally put in the Part 15 segment of Behind the Curtain instead of 13.


I thought it was footage of Audrey choking Charlie? Because that scene was definitely in Part 15.


The Audrey scenes from parts 13 & 15 are both featured in Behind the Red Curtain part 15.

Either a mistake or they figured the BTS footage from part 13 was so brief, they just decided to double them up into the Part 15 featurette? Could definitely be that.
vicksvapor77
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby vicksvapor77 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:10 am

bosguy1981 wrote:The Audrey scenes from parts 13 & 15 are both featured in Behind the Red Curtain part 15.

Either a mistake or they figured the BTS footage from part 13 was so brief, they just decided to double them up into the Part 15 featurette? Could definitely be that.


Oh gotcha! I haven't seen it yet but yeah, they were probably lazy and just doubled it up, haha. Especially since the shoot date was likely the same. I know most of Sherilyn's stuff was in the prior documentaries so unless the footage is all brand new, I'm frankly surprised to see anything of her in this new documentary.
Mulberryspark
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Mulberryspark » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Going through the box set, everything looked in decent shape besides the art cards being bowed and the disc having light scratches. But then, I get to the first disc of season 3. It looks bad. There are scratches that go around the disc, forming circles. I don't know how that could have happened, the disc was tight in it's slot. I don't know if it'll affect playback yet, but usually these types of scratches do. It's gonna be a pain to send this entire box set to Amazon for one disc. Does Paramount have a customer service number for their products?
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Mulberryspark wrote:Going through the box set, everything looked in decent shape besides the art cards being bowed and the disc having light scratches. But then, I get to the first disc of season 3. It looks bad. There are scratches that go around the disc, forming circles. I don't know how that could have happened, the disc was tight in it's slot. I don't know if it'll affect playback yet, but usually these types of scratches do. It's gonna be a pain to send this entire box set to Amazon for one disc. Does Paramount have a customer service number for their products?

Yeah I think the cards just came out like that from the press, mine were also bent. If you apply pressure and manually bend them, they can be made straight. I did that to mine.

That sucks about the disc. :( That makes me think I should go ahead and do a glance at all mine. It could be manufacturing damage. Have you tried cleaning and buffing them out? It could be surface crud, and blurays can be surprisingly strong. There's talk of multiple people experiencing the 4K bug, so an official channel to contact them should become evident. But until then you should at least try to clean/play it to make sure.

vicksvapor77 wrote:I wonder, does it coming from UPS vs. USPS depend on what shipping speed was chosen perhaps?

Probably. My preorder was release-day delivery.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2471
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:29 am

Finally got around to starting the new material.

Interesting that Lynch makes a big deal about Marjorie making sure she dials a 9 and a 1 and another 1.

Even having just watched the first installment, there’s already a misplaced scene: the final installment of Part 1 (Constance saying they got a hit on the prints) is from Part 4, not Part 1. Doesn’t bother me at all, but since people were talking about Audrey scenes being misplaced.

Would be cool if we got to see any of Erica Eynon filming to get some insight into Judy. Probably unlikely though, especially since she was presumably nude.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2471
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Interesting to see Lynch shooting a bunch of takes of Phyllis being shot (“turn, bang”) without the squib. Wonder if he already had the idea to do the weird distortion effect.

Sheryl coming on set in the “cousin”/Red Room dress is a really emotional moment. Interesting that Lynch says she is “whispering backwards” to Cooper. So curious if she actually had lines there.
BGate
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby BGate » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Finally got around to starting the new material.

Interesting that Lynch makes a big deal about Marjorie making sure she dials a 9 and a 1 and another 1.

Even having just watched the first installment, there’s already a misplaced scene: the final installment of Part 1 (Constance saying they got a hit on the prints) is from Part 4, not Part 1. Doesn’t bother me at all, but since people were talking about Audrey scenes being misplaced.

Would be cool if we got to see any of Erica Eynon filming to get some insight into Judy. Probably unlikely though, especially since she was presumably nude.


It's about time someone gets a hold of her for an interview. The NDAs are just about up, aren't they?
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2471
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Wonder why Scott Cameron made such a big deal out of the fact that they can’t fly Sheryl, but they fly both Kyle and Naido? I guess it was just a contractual thing? Sheryl seems OK with the idea when Lynch mentions it, though.

Lynch in costume as Cole, at Cole’s desk, but with his usual bed-head is a glorious sight.
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby AXX°N N. » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:38 pm

I just started digging into the features too, coincidentally. These play so, so much better without interruption.

The not flying Sheryl thing could be due to the costume differences?

So touched that even for actors with literally one scene, they do a gather-round.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2471
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm

AXX°N N. wrote:
So touched that even for actors with literally one scene, they do a gather-round.


And for the vomit. :lol:
User avatar
TwinsPeak
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby TwinsPeak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:42 am

I think its amazing that Lynch seems to direct his actors in a way that at 1st sounds comical or even cooky. But the actors respect him so much that they give him the benefit of the doubt and try their best to give him what he wants. Lynch does it in a way that he doesn't tell them his full vision, at least not on the BTS. I bet the actors have no clue what will be the finished product just like us viewers. If you didn't know Lynch's genius you could easily say he's a looney toon or something with what he asks for, but really its something amazing. Its all in his head not on paper.
vicksvapor77
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby vicksvapor77 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Sheryl coming on set in the “cousin”/Red Room dress is a really emotional moment. Interesting that Lynch says she is “whispering backwards” to Cooper. So curious if she actually had lines there.


I think she did. When Sheryl and Ray came to the Milwaukee Film Festival a few months ago, and someone asked her what she thought Laura said, she said "Oh, I know what I said." It's in the Q&A somewhere that I posted on YouTube but I'm not sure which part to be honest, haha.
User avatar
Diane
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:18 am

Be sure to take everything out of the inner carton at once. The cardboard is flimsy and if the contents tilt forward it will rip.
User avatar
mtsi
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby mtsi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:23 pm

...but do they address this scene in the BTS? :roll:
Attachments
14650737_10157626511660181_8612147480453290119_n.jpg
14650737_10157626511660181_8612147480453290119_n.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 491 times
We live inside a dream.
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby AXX°N N. » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Diane wrote:Be sure to take everything out of the inner carton at once. The cardboard is flimsy and if the contents tilt forward it will rip.

Mine seems sturdy. If it rips I'll just glue it.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests