Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by Jonah »

Jasper wrote:I Hope that Julee Cruise gets a little consolation from the fact that fans will now in fact see her entire performance (to the original track) that was filmed for S3.
Rewatched Part 17 earlier. I remember noticing it at the time straight away and I recall how upset and angry she was after, posting about it online. Was it just cut down for timing reasons? And has she ever posted since in the last 2 years about it again or made peace with Lynch?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote:
Jasper wrote:I Hope that Julee Cruise gets a little consolation from the fact that fans will now in fact see her entire performance (to the original track) that was filmed for S3.
Rewatched Part 17 earlier. I remember noticing it at the time straight away and I recall how upset and angry she was after, posting about it online. Was it just cut down for timing reasons? And has she ever posted since in the last 2 years about it again or made peace with Lynch?
I think it makes perfect sense to come in where it did. Laura had just been ripped away from Coop, an alt timeline had just been shown to us and Julee is singing the words 'the world spins'. Wouldn't have worked as well if they showed us the song from the start with the long introduction.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.27.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.27.19 PM.png (87.82 KiB) Viewed 8208 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I might just have to buy it now
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Wow! So if I’m reading that correctly, we’re getting a half-hour BTS feature for each Part. And my understanding is that the documentaries from the old set will be on there as well (“The Man with the Grey Elevated Hair,” etc.), so this will be 9 hours of additional, previously unseen footage, correct?

And the MacLachlan/Lee conversation is 90 minutes?! Aces.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Wow! So if I’m reading that correctly, we’re getting a half-hour BTS feature for each Part. And my understanding is that the documentaries from the old set will be on there as well (“The Man with the Grey Elevated Hair,” etc.), so this will be 9 hours of additional, previously unseen footage, correct?
Correct, those will also be included so I hope we don't get any repetition of footage that was in the previously cut together versions.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Eh, more behind the scenes stuff ... YAWN. I think I'll pass, since tons of it that we got with the previous set was more than enough for me. I want to hear some serious analyses of the series and an elaboration of its genesis, the writing process, the casting process etc., and from the two creators themselves at that. Not just to see Lynch smoke cigs, sip coffee and chew gum on the set and make part snarky part endearing remarks. I wouldn't be surprised if THIS is what the recent Hollywood Horror Museum tweet that started all the S4-anticipating madness was all about. Again, one big yawn from me.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

BGate wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:
piero wrote:I could be wrong but I don't think Jason was there for much of the Washington shoot, which is why there's really just the 1 segment (out of 10) dedicated to it. Maybe Charles de Lauzirika caught a bit of it, I believe he said on twitter that there would be more of his stuff in the new box set as well?
Let me try to break it down for everyone:

Charles de Lauzirika was the first behind the scenes person on set for around six days between September 23, 2015 and September 29 or 30, 2015.

Jason S came in only a few days after that, so there is probably only one or two days of Sheriff's station filming missing in between when Charles left and Jason started. Jason stayed for the duration of the Washington shoot, so all of Grace's stuff (both in WA and her one grocery store scene shot in LA), the scenes at the Palmer house for Part 18 etc were captured by Jason. I imagine we'll get much more of Sarah in the new footage.

The huge bummer really is going to be that no one captured the first twelve days of shooting. In this period, Russ Tamblyn, Wendy Robie, Everett McGill, Peggy Lipton, Andrea Hays, Marv Rosand, Harry Dean Stanton, Amanda Seyfried, Caleb Landry Jones, Alicia Witt, Gary Hershberger, Grant Goodeve etc. filmed all of their material, so I expect we will see none of them in the new footage. Even more depressing now that Marv, Harry and now Peggy have passed away. :(

Madchen Amick has one shot at being in the new footage - the Roadhouse scene with James, since that was shot months later in LA and Jason S was filming by then.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

vicksvapor77 wrote:

Madchen Amick has one shot at being in the new footage - the Roadhouse scene with James, since that was shot months later in LA and Jason S was filming by then.
Technically, I think there is one shot of Mädchen in one of Jason S’s documentaries, just hanging out visiting set during material she’s not in. (I can’t remember what precise scene was being filmed, but it was LA studio stuff.) Not as exciting as seeing her working, obviously.

It feels ungrateful to complain, with the wealth of material we’re getting and the insanely generous access Lynch gave the documentary crew, but it really is a bummer we’re missing out on BTS footage of all the performers/locations from that early Washington period, especially since as you say some of them are now gone from us. :/
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Very excited about the Kyle and Sheryl interview. Have they ever even sat down together for an interview, despite being the dual centers of Twin Peaks?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Exciting news! I could never get enough of that behind the scenes stuff. It's all so fascinating and its candidness is incredible. We'll get way more revealing and valuable information from that than any direct interviews with Lynch, btw.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:

Technically, I think there is one shot of Mädchen in one of Jason S’s documentaries, just hanging out visiting set during material she’s not in. (I can’t remember what precise scene was being filmed, but it was LA studio stuff.)
Yeah, I think they were shooting Kyle falling into the Red Room floor.
LateReg wrote:Exciting news! I could never get enough of that behind the scenes stuff. It's all so fascinating and its candidness is incredible. We'll get way more revealing and valuable information from that than any direct interviews with Lynch, btw.
Totally agree.
I'll see you in the trees
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

LateReg wrote:Exciting news! I could never get enough of that behind the scenes stuff. It's all so fascinating and its candidness is incredible. We'll get way more revealing and valuable information from that than any direct interviews with Lynch, btw.
Meh. To each their own, I guess.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

N. Needleman wrote:Very excited about the Kyle and Sheryl interview. Have they ever even sat down together for an interview, despite being the dual centers of Twin Peaks?
I don't think so, which is shocking to me. Looking forward to it!
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

Am I correct in thinking that all these new "behind the curtain" segments will only be on the A to Z set, and not on the "Television Collection" set? I'd really like to see them and might spring for the Television Collection if they're on there, but A to Z is too pricey given that I don't have 4K, don't care about silly packaging, and own most of the material already...