Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

That script is my holy grail.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by Diane »

Has anyone watched this all the way through? My wife and I are on episode 13 of the original series and there are numerous digital glitches in the picture and shaky/jerky looking scenes.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Diane wrote:Has anyone watched this all the way through? My wife and I are on episode 13 of the original series and there are numerous digital glitches in the picture and shaky/jerky looking scenes.
Could you give specific scenes for reference? The discs that have the old episodes and the Return episodes are merely old releases with new labels.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

bowisneski wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
bowisneski wrote:"We live inside a dream and I hope to see you all again in that dream. It's been just fantastic knowing each and everyone of you."
I forgot about that! What do you think it means? I think it may lead less credence to "this whole thing is Cooper's dream." It reads as more metaphorical to me.
I agree. I think it means that, as written, that was 100% Cooper's Jeffries scene since he was clearly addressing the room with his "We live inside a dream.", instead of observing and speaking outside of it. I would guess that Lynch's goal in editing that was either to make it closer to his Twin Peaks or to create more dissonance and leave some more room to dream. Man do I want a chance to read that script.
What do you mean by this part? But I agree that Lynch wanted to make it more abstract. I think Frost is of the opposing/metaphorical view. What a mess, lol.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
bowisneski wrote: as written, that was 100% Cooper's Jeffries scene
What do you mean by this part? But I agree that Lynch wanted to make it more abstract. I think Frost is of the opposing/metaphorical view. What a mess, lol.
In Conversations with Mark Frost(which everyone should buy and read) Mark says of Jeffries and Cooper
Cooper was following in the footsteps of Phillip Jeffries.

Like Jeffries in Philadelphia, Cooper randomly shows up at a law enforcement office after being missing for a period of time before disappearing completely again. When he shows up, as appears to have been scripted, he tells the room "We live inside a dream." He then time travels for the first time before ending up somewhere confused about when he is, as Jeffries is in The Missing Pieces when he sees the calendar.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

bowisneski wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
bowisneski wrote: as written, that was 100% Cooper's Jeffries scene
In Conversations with Mark Frost(which everyone should buy and read) Mark says of Jeffries and Cooper

Like Jeffries in Philadelphia, Cooper randomly shows up at a law enforcement office after being missing for a period of time before disappearing completely again. When he shows up, as appears to have been scripted, he tells the room "We live inside a dream." He then time travels for the first time before ending up somewhere confused about when he is, as Jeffries is in The Missing Pieces when he sees the calendar.
Well, shoot. When you lay it out that way it really makes me believe that Cooper will never find his way out. The parallels to Jeffries may be the key to understanding where Cooper ended up and whether or not a return is possible. At least, that's one way to look at it. Also, very interesting about Richard and Linda (what you posted in the other thread). Interesting about Carrie being scripted all along but not Richard and Linda, and that Frost may not actually know what Richard and Linda mean. Cooper must have been written either as Cooper, or a slippery, edgier, fully integrated version of Cooper still known only as Cooper.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

LateReg wrote:
bowisneski wrote:In Conversations with Mark Frost(which everyone should buy and read) Mark says of Jeffries and Cooper
Well, shoot. When you lay it out that way it really makes me believe that Cooper will never find his way out. The parallels to Jeffries may be the key to understanding where Cooper ended up and whether or not a return is possible. At least, that's one way to look at it.
It's a line of thinking I've mulled over since a couple weeks after The Return and Frost's comments have sort of cemented it, even though it's possible Lynch doesn't believe that. That's one of the things I love about the show though, just because Frost pinned it down in a way that seems right doesn't mean it is.

While I wonder if there's a Tin Machine somewhere waiting for Dale Cooper, I like to believe that The Fireman or Laura's whisper(assuming she's saying something to help him) put him on the right track eventually and he makes his way to the end of FWwM.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

AXX°N N. wrote:
Diane wrote:Has anyone watched this all the way through? My wife and I are on episode 13 of the original series and there are numerous digital glitches in the picture and shaky/jerky looking scenes.
Could you give specific scenes for reference? The discs that have the old episodes and the Return episodes are merely old releases with new labels.
Several, but I didn’t make notes. The scene where Josie is smoking at a desk waiting for Ben Horne is one. I think this is prior to the mill burning.

I didn’t notice any of these things on previous box sets.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Quick question though I think I already know the answer. This set does not have any new remasters of the original series, it's the exact same transfer used in 2014, correct? The only differences I can tell are the UHD disc (which is unusable for me) and a few extra special features. I have the 2014 and S3 sets so am on the fence about buying this. It looks like I waited too long anyway because even though I looked last week and it was $100-$125 or so, this week it's over $200. It feels like it isn't worth it.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

IcedOver wrote:Quick question though I think I already know the answer. This set does not have any new remasters of the original series, it's the exact same transfer used in 2014, correct? The only differences I can tell are the UHD disc (which is unusable for me) and a few extra special features. I have the 2014 and S3 sets so am on the fence about buying this. It looks like I waited too long anyway because even though I looked last week and it was $100-$125 or so, this week it's over $200. It feels like it isn't worth it.
It’s the exact same discs as The Entire Mystery and A Limited Event Series sets, repackaged. There are two additional discs of new special features (all BTS footage from TR) and the 4K disc. Otherwise, one and the same.
Pyaan123

Post by Pyaan123 »

Recieved this boxset from my wife. Man of man. I can’t wipe the grin of my face. Doing a total viewing in the order of things being released. And then all the extra’s.

As I said to a friend of mine: I found the meaning of life; Twin Peaks.

Great stuff by the way seeing all the footage in such great detail and crispness. So much details to see in the backgrounds.
It sounds like this: tsk tsk ks
Pyaan123

Post by Pyaan123 »

Pyaan123 wrote:Recieved this boxset from my wife. Man oh man. I can’t wipe the grin of my face. Doing a total viewing in the order of things being released. And then all the extra’s.

As I said to a friend of mine: I found the meaning of life; Twin Peaks.

Great stuff by the way seeing all the footage in such great detail and crispness. So much details to see in the backgrounds.
It sounds like this: tsk tsk ks
Vier Sieben

Post by Vier Sieben »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:12 pm
IcedOver wrote:Quick question though I think I already know the answer. This set does not have any new remasters of the original series, it's the exact same transfer used in 2014, correct? The only differences I can tell are the UHD disc (which is unusable for me) and a few extra special features. I have the 2014 and S3 sets so am on the fence about buying this. It looks like I waited too long anyway because even though I looked last week and it was $100-$125 or so, this week it's over $200. It feels like it isn't worth it.
It’s the exact same discs as The Entire Mystery and A Limited Event Series sets, repackaged. There are two additional discs of new special features (all BTS footage from TR) and the 4K disc. Otherwise, one and the same.
It sounds like this is the case but just o make sure: does this mean the "Z to A" set has the same audio sync issues as the 2014 "Entire Mystery " set?
Stay alert. Concentrate. Stay clean. - The Detectives' Motto
Vier Sieben

Post by Vier Sieben »

Edited to remove duplicate post.
Last edited by Vier Sieben on Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay alert. Concentrate. Stay clean. - The Detectives' Motto
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I watched a bit of the Missing Pieces on my Z to A set earlier. Had only watched it on my Entire Mystery set before and that was fine. Z to A version has utterly horrendous audio sync issues which I'm unable to fix as my Sony blu ray player only shifts audio forward and not back. I'll check it on my Xbox but it was really, really bad.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*