Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

ozziejohn
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by ozziejohn »

Oh btw. Found an Australian preorder for anyone down this end of the world:
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/twin ... 90-blu-ray
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by bosguy1981 »

LateReg wrote: I know you don't care about 3 (or even 6) more hours of BTS stuff. If the deduction you are responding to is true - that the existing footage will be spliced with new footage - it is somewhat disappointing, mainly because it makes watching both BTS features a tad redundant. But that footage - as I've already said - is very valuable stuff, and the 6-hours that are already available on the previous box has been called by at least one review site the greatest special feature ever released on a television box set, which I personally agree with. Putting that into perspective, regardless of our differing personal taste, I think that more of that BTS stuff is invaluable and potentially revealing (both in terms of his fascinating and entertaining working methods and possible insight into the narrative/themes, as well as the rarity of access to both throughout his career), whether its 6 hours or just 3. Plus, you get a 90 minute Kyle/Sheryl Lee interview, a Kimmy/Harry short, uncut Roadhouse performances, nifty packaging, and very importantly to me, a 4k disc. I don't care that the disc only has the pilot and Part 8, and may only be a precursor to another box set...it's still very much something to look forward to within THIS box set. I cannot wait to glimpse those parts - especially those parts! - in 4k. If the price tag is too high, I get that. But I think those extras are more than enough perks for me to double/triple/etc. dip again. Contrary to how you feel, this seems to me to be a package that a lot of care has gone into in order to make it worthwhile for fans who they know will be buying again. Now, if there is indeed a Season 4, then I would think that that makes your cash-grab negativity regarding this box more valid. But we all know there won't be a Season 4... :)
FWIW, the listing on Amazon specifically mentions the 7 hours of previously unreleased footage in the bullet point for Behind the Curtain. They mention the other items (Kyle and Sheryl's thing, and Kimmy and Harry's thing) as being IN ADDITION TO the 7 hours of new footage that's in Behind The Curtain.

This makes Behind the Curtain even more exciting! And I personally doubt they would reuse much (and certainly not ALL) of the Jason S. footage we've already seen considering his 10-part "Impressions" series (from the 2017 Bluray release) is also featured on this Bluray release.

From Amazon:

Limited to 25,000 copies worldwide, immerse yourself in the entire universe of Twin Peaks with:

* Seasons 1 and 2 of The Original Series, A Limited Event Series, Fire Walk with Me and its deleted scenes: The Missing Pieces
* 4K Ultra Hi-Def versions of the Original Series Pilot and Part 8 of A Limited Event Series
* Behind The Curtain: over 7 hours of new behind the scenes/making of footage for all 18 parts of A Limited Event Series
* A Brand New Interview with Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee
* On The Couch with Harry and Kimmy featurette
* Full-length, unedited versions of a number of the musical performances at The Roadhouse Bar from A Limited Event Series
* Exclusive die-cut, acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Agent Cooper
* The Red Room Gallery: a curated set of 5 x 5 printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room
* An individually numbered collectible certificate
* A slew of previously released special features
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

https://t.co/7ZK56Qm3b3?amp=1

is this clip something that was in the previous BTS stuff? I don't think it is but I honestly can't remember.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Nope, pretty sure that's new
I'll see you in the trees
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Looks new to me. Great find. I'm surprised how included Sabrina was. I would have thought Frost would be sitting there next to Lynch not Sabrina.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I never realized what an incredible physical actor Kyle is until these BTS clips came out.
tid

Post by tid »

Does anyone know if the newly included behind the scenes footage will feature more of the truly dreadful narration and distracting music, included on the last Season 3 release?
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I really hope not.
I'll see you in the trees
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I felt the narrations were OK. They were at least trying to be stylistic and fitting to the show--I'd rather have that than something overly conventional. it's just they apparently went about it like, "well, it's artsy stuff, what to do? Ape on Herzog, I guess?"
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

One week to go, that is assuming there are no delays. Keep an eye out for Easter Eggs.
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

A person already has this with in hand pictures showing on Blu-ray.com
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

I just got a shipping notice on mine. Wheeeeee. I was hoping to have a 4K TV by the time it shipped, but Mrs. Celine put the kibosh on that, so I'll watch it on my 13yr old LCD instead, hehe.