Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Post by LateReg »

All I know is that this release seems like such an unfortunate step back regarding Fire Walk With Me and therefore the idea of a complete series. It is my understanding that Paramount doesn't have the rights to Fire Walk With Me, so the film could not be included in an actually complete set. I also understand that the original series is not currently in print in the USA, and it definitely should be. But, after years and years of Fire Walk With Me's reputation finally being rehabilitated, and it releasing in the Entire Mystery box along with long-awaited and hard-earned The Missing Pieces, and then Lynch even stressing how important it was to The Return, and then even replaying scenes from it in The Return, we're now being given a cleverly titled TV series boxset that doesn't include the film. I know from experience and reading the twitter that there's people out there who don't do their research and may never even realize that the film exists, and others who do know of its existence but may do a cursory glance and realize that Fire Walk With Me was trashed by critics on release, or read one of the lame pre-Return articles that barely mentions Fire Walk With Me and doesn't even talk about how its reputation has changed throughout the years, and therefore deem it less than important to watch since it's not in the box. I just know that's going to happen, and that's a shame. Hell, I know people who loved the original series but still haven't watched FWWM because of all the bad things they've heard about it. This doesn't help that cause.

For the record, if anyone still needs the original series The Entire Mystery box, it is available in the UK, or through sellers on Amazon.com. It includes all 10 discs, but lacks the fancy packaging of the original release, which also means that the discs are more safely housed and easily accessed. The price is dirt cheap at this point, and the set is Region Free. If I didn't own the series already, I'd just buy the UK Entire Mystery along with the US The Return and call it a day. Though I am curious what the packaging of the new set is like...
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I have never felt anything in Season 3 does not line up with Between Two Worlds. Laura is at peace in BTW. She stays that way until Cooper rips her out of the Red Room.

I strongly suspected BTW was a precursor to something new for Peaks when it was released. Yet I was still surprised when we got the S3 announcement.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 10.26.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 10.26.19 AM.png (542.34 KiB) Viewed 11280 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Well shit. I like that a lot.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

krishnanspace wrote:If a Season 4 comes out, we'll have one more "The Ultimate Collection"
Season 4? For me, David Lynch just said with this release that there won,t be Fourth season. the key is the Word COMPLETE
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

They were planning Season Three when they released 'The ENTIRE Mystery' set.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Jerry Horne wrote:They were planning Season Three when they released 'The ENTIRE Mystery' set.
Haha no kidding. I'm not really holding out hope for season 4 but I'd take this release as a positive sign if anything.
Jam Burglar

Post by Jam Burglar »

The main question for me is whether they'll fix the syncing issues from the last box set.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Jerry Horne wrote:They were planning Season Three when they released 'The ENTIRE Mystery' set.
It,s True . Let,s see happen
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Just like how the mention of this release on the original TVshowsonDVD post was deleted (and now, it seems, even comments that were asking why TP was removed are gone), now the article they had about this on Welcome to Twin Peaks is gone. Seems there's an effort to scrub mention of this from the net. Delayed or canceled, maybe? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be announced yet?
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The only things that could get me truly excited for this set, if it is indeed even planned, are the inclusion of any previously unreleased deleted scenes (it seems like 97% of what was shot made it into TP:TR, but there are certainly a few odds and ends we haven’t seen, like the Fireman in the Red Room), or the inclusion of a “Stories”/“Slice of Lynch”-style feature with Lynch (ideally joined by Frost) discussing TR.

Or the inclusion of the original draft of the TP:TR script that was first handed to Showtime. But that’s purely wishful thinking. ;)
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

AXX°N N. wrote:Just like how the mention of this release on the original TVshowsonDVD post was deleted (and now, it seems, even comments that were asking why TP was removed are gone), now the article they had about this on Welcome to Twin Peaks is gone. Seems there's an effort to scrub mention of this from the net. Delayed or canceled, maybe? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be announced yet?
Went to a site that had an article come up on a google search of the release and received a 404 error. Weird.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Hester Prynne wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote:Just like how the mention of this release on the original TVshowsonDVD post was deleted (and now, it seems, even comments that were asking why TP was removed are gone), now the article they had about this on Welcome to Twin Peaks is gone. Seems there's an effort to scrub mention of this from the net. Delayed or canceled, maybe? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be announced yet?
Went to a site that had an article come up on a google search of the release and received a 404 error. Weird.
Here is the article from Welcometotwinpeaks.com viewed through google's cache memory: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=nl

I'll copy it here in case google cache clears it's memory too.
TWIN PEAKS: THE COMPLETE TELEVISION COLLECTION BUNDLES ALL 3 SEASONS ON BLU-RAY & DVD
A new Blu-ray & DVD box set includes Twin Peaks Season 1, Season 2 and Twin Peaks: The Return
by Pieter Dom
July 31, 2019, 6:30 PM
What’s bigger than the “Definitive Edition” (2007) and the “Entire Mystery” (2014)? Consider “The Complete Television Collection.”

Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection DVD & Blu-ray
Possible box set cover art for Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection. Thoughts?
Yes, Paramount is repackaging Twin Peaks again, now bundling Season 1, Season 2 and Twin Peaks: The Return in a brand new box set to be released worldwide. It would make sense to save this for the show’s 30th anniversary year (2020) but right now, it appears to be due sooner: October 2019 in the U.S. and November 2019 in the rest of the world.

For the first time, in one collection, the complete television phenomenon TWIN PEAKS: All 29 episodes of the original groundbreaking seasons; All 18 parts of the “Limited Event Series” – the return to Twin Peaks – that captivated audiences 25 years later, written by the series co-creators and entirely directed by David Lynch. So grab a cup of coffee, a slice of cherry pie, and experience the legendary mystery… again and again!
As the title suggests, this box set includes every televised “Episode” and “Part” but not the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me feature film nor its approximately 90 minutes of deleted scenes titled “The Missing Pieces.” Criterion owns the rights to both for the next few years (at least in the United States) and released a restored 4K digital transfer supervised by David Lynch back in 2017.

Every “Episode” and “Part” of #TwinPeaks will be included on the new Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection Blu-ray and DVD box set.
CLICK TO TWEET
What’s the draw then? Other than approximately 40 hours of television history, the copy sent to retailers promises “a wealth of intriguing, behind-the-scenes special features” but details have yet to be revealed. Executive Producer Sabrina Sutherland mentioned in the past that Jason S. shot hundreds of hours on the set of the third season for Impressions: A Journey Behind the Scenes of Twin Peaks. That means we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg in the 10 shorts on the Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series release. There are also hundreds, if not thousands of unreleased behind-the-scenes photos and production stills from all three seasons that could be included in a photo gallery. What else are you hoping to see included?

Stay tuned for more details!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

It would be neat if they finally unearthed the decoy footage of Ben Horne murdering Madeline Ferguson, but I somehow imagine that it's lost or was never properly developed for presentation to begin with. That'd be just about the only thing that could entice me into buying the complete series AGAIN...

I still think a Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee-style convo with Lynch and Frost discussing their collaborative process over pie and coffee would be amazing. Obviously I'd prefer Lynch/Frost commentary on every single episode of the series, but a friendly "Between Two Worlds"-esque chat seems more possible. I know Lynch has objections to doing commentary tracks, but I loved the commentary tracks from the Season 1 DVDs (circa 2002 or so?). Even if Lynch isn't on the tracks himself, it would be great hearing from Frost/Kyle/Sabrina/Peter Deming/Duwayne Dunham/Ron Eng/Dean Hurley/everyone on Season 3. Hell, I would even be curious to listen to Diane Keaton doing director's commentary on her episode from S2.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Cappy wrote:It would be neat if they finally unearthed the decoy footage of Ben Horne murdering Madeline Ferguson, but I somehow imagine that it's lost or was never properly developed for presentation to begin with. That'd be just about the only thing that could entice me into buying the complete series AGAIN...

I still think a Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee-style convo with Lynch and Frost discussing their collaborative process over pie and coffee would be amazing. Obviously I'd prefer Lynch/Frost commentary on every single episode of the series, but a friendly "Between Two Worlds"-esque chat seems more possible. I know Lynch has objections to doing commentary tracks, but I loved the commentary tracks from the Season 1 DVDs (circa 2002 or so?). Even if Lynch isn't on the tracks himself, it would be great hearing from Frost/Kyle/Sabrina/Peter Deming/Duwayne Dunham/Ron Eng/Dean Hurley/everyone on Season 3. Hell, I would even be curious to listen to Diane Keaton doing director's commentary on her episode from S2.
Although these things would be great, I believe Lynch has veto power over any special features and he's always a spoil-sport about commentaries. Will never happen sadly. If that footage of Ben killing Maddy ever did get found, I'm like 1000% sure a collector or crew member would have leaked it by now. That's sort of the holy grail of Twin Peaks lost footage and Lynch would neeeever authorize its release (hell, he'd probably order its immediate destruction). Pray for a lost-and-found-and-leak situation!