RIP Peggy Lipton

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: RIP Peggy Lipton

Post by N. Needleman »

I choose to believe Ed and Norma are cruising around the world and left the Double R in Shelly's capable hands.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Absolutely devastating news. May she RIP .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Did anyone here ever meet Peggy in person? From what I hear, it seems she was real genuine- I guess a clue to that might be that she valued her family more than being 'famous'.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
IAmNotYourFoot

Post by IAmNotYourFoot »

Such sad news, and just before Mother's Day, too. Her poor daughters! I feel bad for Madchen as well: she's lost two cast members from two different shows in just over two months (Luke Perry from Riverdale, and now Peggy Lipton). Heartfelt sympathies to her loved ones.
"What do you fear most in the world?"
"The possibility that love is not enough."
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

It's very sad, and for me, unexpected. So youthful.

Thinking strictly in terms of Twin Peaks - both The Return as well as the possibility of future seasons - I'm left with a sinking feeling. With so many performers passing away within the past three or four years, not only is there cosmic significance to each death as it relates to the themes of The Return, but it also highlights just how miraculous it was that it could have been made in the first place. And now we sit here wishing for some news of another season or film, but news like this just reinforces the mortality and diminishing time left for so many involved, which causes me to both reflect on the miracle of what we got (and how Lynch/Frost's heads were in the right and increasingly powerful place regarding WHAT it was about) as well as the unlikelihood of getting any more. I'm sorry for being morbid, but that was just on my mind.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Sad news. I'm glad we got to see her as Norma one last time and the character ended up one of the few with blissful closure. Actually a few of the older characters who made it into the return got that... Ed obviously but you could even argue Nadine and Jacoby. Maybe some foresight and a tip of the hat to the sad inevitability of death on the part of L/F
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Lynch speaks on Peggy (and Norma) at the Festival of Disruption.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jasper wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote: If we do get any future TP, it’s sure going to be an appropriately tragic cap to the Ed/Norma arc as well. I imagine we’ll see an Ed who finally got to spend a precious couple of years of domestic bliss with Norma, before losing her for good. :/
Until further notice, Norma and Ed remain living blissfully together.
"I think Big Ed is someone who’s really suffering right now."
—David Lynch

Goddamn it! :cry:
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

RIP Peggy, so tragic but again so poignant that she got to make that ending with Ed.
The Angels will return...
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

60742245_2368384159849342_5647657315910811648_o.jpg
60742245_2368384159849342_5647657315910811648_o.jpg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 11768 times
cast and crew raising a glass for peggy
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Such a sad loss. For all the murders, mill-burnings and mysterious evil in the woods, Twin Peaks still managed to come across as the perfect place to live and a lot of this was due to Norma and the warmth Peggy Lipton brought to the character. RIP.