RIP Peggy Lipton

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
N. Needleman

RIP Peggy Lipton

Postby N. Needleman » Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm

It gives me no pleasure to be the one to do this, but I couldn't find a sign of this news anywhere. Peggy Lipton passed away today surrounded by her family after battling cancer.

RIP Norma Jennings Hurley. I'm going to go listen to this and cry a lot.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Audrey Horne

Re: RIP Peggy Lipton

Postby Audrey Horne » Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Just heard. This is terrible.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Way, way too young. RIP Peggy.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Hester Prynne

Postby Hester Prynne » Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Just saw this. Rest in peace Norma.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 pm

God, that’s heartbreaking. She still seemed so beautiful and full of life, almost ageless. (Just a few years ago, there was a news story about a Twitter user obliviously complaining that Lipton was laughably too young to convincingly portray Rashida Jones’s mother in a Verizon ad, not realizing that she actually IS Jones’s mother.) She left a solid body of work behind her, and in particular her performance as Norma remains one of the most human and kind in all of TP. The deleted scene from FWWM of her and Ed in the car may be my absolute favorite of hers. What a gift that Norma and Ed finally got together while she was still with us.
Annie
Site Admin

Postby Annie » Sat May 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Oh I just was going to start a thread on this. So sad....RIP Peggy...
https://deadline.com/2019/05/peggy-lipt ... 202612872/
peggy-lipton-dead-twin-peaks.jpg
peggy-lipton-dead-twin-peaks.jpg (46.05 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Sat May 11, 2019 9:59 pm

RIP. Shocking news
Soolsma

Postby Soolsma » Sun May 12, 2019 2:39 am

Depressed :(

Mr. Reindeer wrote:The deleted scene from FWWM of her and Ed in the car may be my absolute favorite of hers. What a gift that Norma and Ed finally got together while she was still with us.

My exact thoughts..

"When we shot that scene, David had the Otis Redding song playing on the set," said Lipton, "and when I looked over at him after he said cut, he was crying like a little baby."
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Hester Prynne

Postby Hester Prynne » Sun May 12, 2019 7:00 am

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sun May 12, 2019 8:49 am

Wasn’t a fan of season three, but her scenes were a high point. Her character was wonderfully conveyed in the original show: a middle-aged woman whose personal life had gone off the deep end because of a teenage misjudgement.

Rest in peace.
zeronumber

Postby zeronumber » Sun May 12, 2019 11:46 am

I AM a fan of season 3 ; and one good reason was the reconciliation of Norma and Big Ed and how Lynch made it happen.

Peggy all said , phenomenal.

Whether she was Mod or post Mod...

....she is dead, yet she still Lives....
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Sun May 12, 2019 11:57 am

Gabriel wrote:Wasn’t a fan of season three, but her scenes were a high point. Her character was wonderfully conveyed in the original show: a middle-aged woman whose personal life had gone off the deep end because of a teenage misjudgement.

Rest in peace.

She wasn't middle aged. She was, and always will be, one very beautiful young lady.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Jasper

Postby Jasper » Sun May 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Sad and unexpected. A real sucker punch.

I'm glad that her acting career got the beautiful grace note of Norma and Ed coming together. Now that will be even more poignant.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun May 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Jasper wrote:Sad and unexpected. A real sucker punch.

I'm glad that her acting career got the beautiful grace note of Norma and Ed coming together. Now that will be even more poignant.

If we do get any future TP, it’s sure going to be an appropriately tragic cap to the Ed/Norma arc as well. I imagine we’ll see an Ed who finally got to spend a precious couple of years of domestic bliss with Norma, before losing her for good. :/
Jasper

Postby Jasper » Sun May 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:If we do get any future TP, it’s sure going to be an appropriately tragic cap to the Ed/Norma arc as well. I imagine we’ll see an Ed who finally got to spend a precious couple of years of domestic bliss with Norma, before losing her for good. :/

Until further notice, Norma and Ed remain living blissfully together.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”